The Rumour Thread

I really quite like that the Idoneth - or at least some of them - feel guilty over their actions. I'm guessing it was done to distance them from the inevitable Dark Eldar comparisons, but it's nice to see a somewhat more nuanced faction who aren't just unrepentant in doing nasty stuff without remorse because Grimdark(tm)... it actually makes said Grimdark(tm) all the better.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
No Swearing!

Thoughts....

1. @Clan's Cynic No Swearing please!
  2. Rumour Image - Looks like fur to me. I'm thinking Space Wolves
  3. Idoneth Deepkin info from White Dwarf - I like this info as it paints them out similar to Drukari (Dark Eldar) but more that they are doing it to survive rather than taking pleasure from the raids (although I'm sure do). Makes them more 'real' and paints them out in a bit of a tragic light as it's something they need to do to survive. 

17 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Rumour Image - Looks like fur to me. I'm thinking Space Wolves

Please don't be right - that would be some terrible version of fur. My guess is a squig of some kind - with all the orc infos surfacing it is as possible as a plastic thunderhawk.

It looks like a Kroot spine the most. They have been in the rumors lots. Would be funny to see them drop. However it’s most likely something 40k related with the space wolves (boring). If it’s AoS it’s probably another elemental like that purple one. 

2 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

Please don't be right - that would be some terrible version of fur. My guess is a squig of some kind - with all the orc infos surfacing it is as possible as a plastic thunderhawk.

If you turn it upside down, I think it’s chest fur

62602499-57DA-45B8-B148-4074249E4341.jpeg

• Like 1

The tips may resemble fur, but the valleys in between are far too rounded, especially when you compare them to that Space Wolf. Fur is generally sculpted with parallel grooves to depict collected strands of hair and with sharp indentations towards the roots to mimic the way hairs part. In the rumor mill pic, the valleys between the spikes are very curved and smoothed out in a way that is more difficult to sculpt, both digitally and traditionally. You'd have to intentionally round them out, which wouldn't make sense if you were trying to sculpt fur or hair. Traditionally, you'd stick pointed sculpting tools into the clay/putty/whatever to create spiky hair, and digitally, defining concave or convex curved surfaces is an additional and more mathematically complicated step beyond determining more simple lines and single curved planes. 

I'd say that the sweeping curves leading up to the peaks more closely resemble fins or a spiked shell or carapace, but could also be water, fire or some kind of magical effect. With more unseen Idoneth on the way, I think an aquatic creature or water effect is pretty probable. With the ork rumors, it may be something like a squig, although scales and reptilian spikes often have sharper indentations between plates, so I'm leaning towards it being an aquatic creature or something non-solid like water or magic.

Edited by Rou Dantes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, smucreo said:

Do not fret, Nagash will be sure to send someone to deal with these pesky soul-stealers...

If only GW saw sense and did the new starter set idoneth vs the new death army.They would make an absolute killing. Too bad its gonna be stormcast. 

Edited by ageofpaddsmar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

If only GW saw sense and did the new starter set idoneth vs the new death army.They would make an absolute killing. Too bad its gonna be stormcast. 

From some surveys I've seen on AoS fan pages, 40% of AoS players collect stormcast, so it makes perfect sense to keep releasing Stormcast stuff. At least it's not the 95%  share that space marines have in 40k!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hughwyeth said:

From some surveys I've seen on AoS fan pages, 40% of AoS players collect stormcast, so it makes perfect sense to keep releasing Stormcast stuff. At least it's not the 95%  share that space marines have in 40k!

Too be fair if any army had the amount of releases stormcast get then a high percentage of players would collect that army

• Like 4