The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Virgin 40k fan? How cruel to forget the  important part of it - proper virgin 40k fan! Before GW got more kid-friendly and simple in their storytelling and wrote stuff in a more black and white manner, Magnus perhaps didn't do everything right (he was still hella foolish) but he was an actual victim pretty much, and not just of circumstance. No Horus intercepting and messing with the message, the Emperor was simply wrong about the TS which in turn made the TS way more tragic and more interesting villains than how things are now. I'm still offended by the decision to dumb down so many cool plot points. I guess that's why I believe everyone should know that the Imperium (and the God-Emperor) are just as trashy as all the others. 

"I know you've come to 😕 me. React, MitGas! You are only going to 😕 an aosposter!"

- Pub Duardevara

I know I'm terminally online, so I'll explain that I was riffing on a common meme format and this forum's elf-dwarf rivalry. And of course, the common catchphrase found among 40K communities.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

"I know you've come to 😕 me. React, MitGas! You are only going to 😕 an aosposter!"

- Pub Duardevara

I know I'm terminally online, so I'll explain that I was riffing on a common meme format and this forum's elf-dwarf rivalry. And of course, the common catchphrase found among 40K communities.

Your command of internet memes is certainly much better than mine. I don't even know what your new reply references. I'm back to being a learner and even more 😕  now. I'm just saying that there was a time where "Magnus was right" and other variations held absolutely true. And I liked how grey (let's say dark grey, cause they were all quite horrible) all the different figures/factions were.

Just be nice to the fishy kind of Aelves, those poor souls guys got enough problems already.😅

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Virgin 40K fan: Magnus did nothing wrong!!!

Chad AoS enjoyer: Elves did everything wrong.

Your bitter malevolence makes our light merely shine brighter. 

It's not our fault that we inherited the bull theme instead of a certain Dwarven subfaction..

As for Magnus... The Archmage Teclis didn't need a god of Magic to be awesome. He just became one instead. 😎 

(So that should be enough to throw some my accumulated goodwill into the bin. No one needs to know that I secretely still stan #PUDAnon)

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

As for Magnus... The Archmage Teclis didn't need a god of Magic to be awesome. He just became one instead. 😎 

If Tzeentch for once took his meds, Teclis would get swatted like the fly he is by a proper god of magic. Teclis is the kid in the playground proclaiming himself to be the king of something he can never truly be. 😎 At least Magnus is reasonable enough to understand who is superior.

Edited by MitGas

6 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

AdventEngine 17 Dec17 Content
Looks like the new Bull Centaurs are packing some bone crushing weapons.

Alright, the daily chord rumor has been made, now to post what I actually think it is: CSM Chosen.

I gotta be honest, I find them posting the least interesting and most vague shots of upcoming models almost as bad as simply posting nothing. Oh wait, that should go in the unpopular opinion thread, my home. 

• Like 1

Just now, MitGas said:

I gotta be honest, I find them posting the least interesting and most vague shots of upcoming models almost as bad as simply posting nothing. Oh wait, that should go in the unpopular opinion thread, my home. 

I’m just counting down the days till the big reveal, and hoping that we get some sign of a chaos faction besides marines (like a new necromunda gang).

6 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’m just counting down the days till the big reveal, and hoping that we get some sign of a chaos faction besides marines (like a new necromunda gang).

Hmm, more Chaos is always nice but personally I think they should focus on long existing problems (Skaven, Beastmen, Emperor's Kiddies, World Eaters.... maybe Chaos Dwarves if there's some truth to those rumors) rather than bring out more completely new Chaos stuff. Chaos got so much, I'm not sure if adding more doesn't actually make the systems worse. We also got Warcry that might introduce lots of new 1-off chaos worshippers. I don't know enough about Necromunda and keep my fingers crossed for you (I think they only got the Khornate dudes) but I'd rather see lots of existing factions get their fair share at this point (Malerion, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar (Dawnrbringer Crusades, whatever) there's even lots of stuff to do outside of Chaos.

Oh and Tzeentch Chaos Warriors/Chosen in cool armor. Curselings, Fatemasters.... yeah, nobody gives a poopoo about those, certainly not needed for a healthy AoS world but when i list my wishes, I gotta list what I really want too.

40 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Hmm, more Chaos is always nice but personally I think they should focus on long existing problems (Skaven, Beastmen, Emperor's Kiddies, World Eaters.... maybe Chaos Dwarves if there's some truth to those rumors) rather than bring out more completely new Chaos stuff. Chaos got so much, I'm not sure if adding more doesn't actually make the systems worse. We also got Warcry that might introduce lots of new 1-off chaos worshippers. I don't know enough about Necromunda and keep my fingers crossed for you (I think they only got the Khornate dudes) but I'd rather see lots of existing factions get their fair share at this point (Malerion, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar (Dawnrbringer Crusades, whatever) there's even lots of stuff to do outside of Chaos.

Oh and Tzeentch Chaos Warriors/Chosen in cool armor. Curselings, Fatemasters.... yeah, nobody gives a poopoo about those, certainly not needed for a healthy AoS world but when i list my wishes, I gotta list what I really want too.

You’re right @MitGas, GW should be adding stuff to existing factions besides a one off hero unit now and there. For Tzeentch I really want to see those doom knights (the warriors on discs) from total war, and a unit of daemonic vultures that disrupt/steal the spells of slain wizards (like a horde of mini lords of change).

On the Necromunda front, it’s true that so far the only truly unique chaos kit is for Khorne, but there’s so much potential that’s being left untapped! They could have a corrupted “hospital” for Nurgle, a roving Cirucs or Water Guild for Slaanesh (or both!), and Tzeentch could be some form of corrupted mechanic/whatever! I’m bringing them up because it looks like the Khorne cult is getting imported to other bits of the lore besides necromunda, and that creates a new look at chaos besides the usual insane hordes marching forth.

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

If Tzeentch for once took his meds, Teclis would get swatted like the fly he is by a proper god of magic. Teclis is the kid in the playground proclaiming himself to be the king of something he can never truly be. 😎 At least Magnus is reasonable enough to understand who is superior.

It's the same it always is with the Chaos Gods. They actually can't do a whole lot to you if you don't open up your mind and soul and let them in. If your mind is too strong they can try to whisper and threaten and seduce, but they rely on minions to actually touch you. It's not that Tzeentch wouldn't want to punish the Archmage; it's that he just plain can't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

It's the same it always is with the Chaos Gods. They actually can't do a whole lot to you if you don't open up your mind and soul and let them in. If your mind is too strong they can try to whisper and threaten and seduce, but they rely on minions to actually touch you. It's not that Tzeentch wouldn't want to punish the Archmage; it's that he just plain can't.

To be a bit serious here, it's what makes Chaos gods so fascinating. Nurgle needs despair to offer his "gift" of become free from pain and disease, Tzeentch needs thirst for knowledge/schemes and so on (I guess Hashut offers sick hats?). It does make noble characters who remain untouched by Chaos pretty cool, being able to withstand such malice and stay true to themselves.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

what, and make him even more miserable? - that would be Deicide!

his pointy eared sulk face would echo through eternity and Tzeentch would have to create beige horrors what don't smile and make no noise... just mope around in silence.

Nope.. nope.. Chaos... pound opponents to a pulp, with no time to go off and sulk. :)

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Haha 1