The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, EntMan said:

"If you’re a fan of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, we will have a major reveal coming on Monday, pitting two allies of Order against one another in a battle of the elements."

Have we seen anything e.g. in rumour engines, that hints at new models? You'd think if this was significantly more than a box of mostly existing fish elves and fire dwarves models we'd have have been more seriously teased than this two days before the reveal.

idoneth

AVvXsEjmMDAfoL967P83bpqKql0P3rffZ4kZI8y0vWwnevBQJZmzSMLq6JgTdoOST36LL3iK1VfbXgNrDtZlWftYldAabad-Jvmgid_XlsS7Q_NhreIdICTq80jMoOjl-qMGf5QEoTP7w-ZvlsoIQCcG7nT8vFIZrJ8fkliKd9hIKc6I8Vmu8hTf54TNBORpeg=s320

fireslayers

AVvXsEiitaqm_BUzqY09X3XwjTAYbwswfT4Tf-AiiuKY5Z-PrQnhp4F6i6PXwKlTxqussKwofihSqJtvEF_bMRpEgqUmXS5v1iiGuJE2tXFcuAeIdifF9YRE6kyk39v7U0SISiP5e6O7eGSIGLcSvB2QzqfIHxBu51Y6_uJFZuvMz1-x7T1TzRcfXGPiLOtSZg=s320

2021-07-13.jpg

• Like 7

For those who celebrate, Merry Xmas! For those who don't, Happy Day Off! For those who are working, Happy Time and Half Pay! 🎅

Well this is the most tempting 40K Dual Box I have ever seen. I have always wanted a Forgefiend to run as a Soulgrinder plus the Warpsmith gives me beautiful ideas of a darkmech/csm army. My friend wants necrons and I can take the Space Marine half of the starter and kitbash with the CSM and make a fallen Angels themed army. The new Eldar also have my favourite part of their line... jet bikes. I don't know much about 40k army building but two boxes of this sound like a fairly good starting point for both armies? It looks like neither contain a core or baseline troop? It always seems like people have to bring things in detachments? I will say seeing the Eldar character armed with different load outs gives me my typical 40k apprehensions I want to build what looks best and not have to explain the load out every time. Using kitbashes and proxies in 40k must be infuriating. Space elves are still silly and dumb but I will paint mine a classic sci-fi green or blue skin making it feel less like elves in space.

I might actually go through with this... that is until I read the line "If you’re a fan of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, we will have a major reveal coming on Monday, pitting two allies of Order against one another in a battle of the elements" I will wait and see what comes in that box before making my final decision. I bought the Idoneth Battleforce but was too intimidated at the time to build and paint them but now I think I am ready... also I will make a pirate themed army with Gotrek as the captain of an Aelven ship.

I guess that the good news is that either way I have a huge new project... the bad news is that I literally have no shelf space and I don't magnetize models so I need deeper storage containers than I would otherwise (Stupid Stonehorn and Chaos Warshrine!).  Either way I am going to add some pointy ears to the collection 🤩

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Exactly...unless they pull a similar move as this chaos/eldar box which is almost completely new everything then it probably wont sell well at all

And that is unlikely to happen given that this box took 24 days of teasing with new rumor pic and reveal on Christmas making it the big focus

while this one it oh yeah AoS exist got to give them a bone here too lol

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

And that is unlikely to happen given that this box took 24 days of teasing with new rumor pic and reveal on Christmas making it the big focus

while this is one , oh yeah AoS exist got to give them a bone here too lol

Yeah I am fairly confident we are going to get a pretty generic dual box with a new infantry hero for the Idoneth and something a little more interesting on the Fyreslayer side. Maybe a new unit or a different larger hero, I keep thinking maybe an update of the Anvil of Doom. But overall a small release for the two armies that I love the most in theory but the least in practice... still probably going to get it over the 40k box which I love, but only if my friend wants to get some naked dwarves so I can make my soul pirate army.

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

Sad, but probably true.

I will likely get the upcoming AoS box, to add to my idoneth and maybe add some coalition fyreslayers to my KO.

What do people expect to see in the new box?

25 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah im pretty sure it will be a let down. A single new hero for each side. When the box doesnt sell well maybe GW will look at it and wonder why

Am I the only one who thinks that the Warpsmith and the new Autarch are fairly boring? The Ranger Jetbikes though are really, really cool. Eldar were my first 40K army and I had used to play them with heavy Ranger theme. 

Looking forward to #fyre vs #watyr, but as most here I'm quite certain it'll just be a new foot hero per faction and some discount for old units. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Warpsmith and the new Autarch are fairly boring? The Ranger Jetbikes though are really, really cool. Eldar were my first 40K army and I had used to play them with heavy Ranger theme. 

Looking forward to #fyre vs #watyr, but as most here I'm quite certain it'll just be a new foot hero per faction and some discount for old units. 

I like the warpsmith but it is a pretty standard case of turning a cool resin model into plastic with no major design improvements over the old just better material. The Autarch is pretty cool in my opinion but less impressive than cool winged version(s). I think that seeing the amount of customizability with the different torsos and heads might make it better. But overall it is a case of cool models that are not breaking the mold and just suceeding at what they are, this is also proof that we just need to wait 'till Monday for the real excitement.
🔥🌊

Edited by Neverchosen

This is all pretty exciting - won't this mean that Fyreslayers and Idoneth will receive new battletomes? Or will any updated hero just come with a card with rules?

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

maybe an update of the Anvil of Doom.

Don't make me dream of yet another army to collect 😩

36 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Looking forward to #fyre vs #watyr

Thought it was spelled #Ruby and #Sapphire? 😝

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Don't make me dream of yet another army to collect 😩

Don't worry that is just wishful thinking on my part. We will likely receive a new hero on foot with a red beard, mohawk and an axe. Easily distinguished from the others because this one is called a fire throne acolyte... and has his left leg forward instead of his right.  🔥

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Don't worry that is just wishful thinking on my part. We will likely receive a new hero on foot with a red beard, mohawk and an axe. Easily distinguished from the others because this one is called a fire throne acolyte... and has his left leg forward instead of his right.  🔥

I'll take anything at this point ngl

Though I'm most partial to some more magmadroths, female Fyreslayers or literally anything that leans into what makes Fyreslayers unique instead of trying to emulate more of the same tired old world stuff

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

This is all pretty exciting - won't this mean that Fyreslayers and Idoneth will receive new battletomes? Or will any updated hero just come with a card with rules?

Good question. I'd assume that they don't necessarily get new tomes, since Sylvaneth didn't get a new tome after the Warsong Revenant was released. Granted, that model got its scroll in book, just not a Sylvaneth tome. 

Edited by Maogrim

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I just realised Whitefang hasn't posted in a while

Y-you t-think they finally got him?

PUDAnon acting cute as if she didn't take over secret operative duties from the fang. I  reckon if someone had an idea on whether the #DeepWorkshop took the fang out, it'd be you. ;)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Good question. I'd assume that they don't necessarily new tomes, since Sylvaneth didn't get a new tome after the Warsong Revenant was released. Granted, that model got its scroll in book, just not a Sylvaneth tome. 

Huh, interesting. I assume IDK is the next tome to get updated, most likely coming out in Q1 2022 (February? Would give to drum up some hype). Once more a roadmap would be great, but I can only speculate that geedubs likes people double dipping - after all I got Dominion just due to Hobgrots and have not even an iota interest in GA: Destro, heh. But for every sucker like me on hopium I assume there's a few that skip over "forgotten" armies like IDK, Fyreslayers or BoC so...

10 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Good question. I'd assume that they don't necessarily get new tomes, since Sylvaneth didn't get a new tome after the Warsong Revenant was released. Granted, that model got its scroll in book, just not a Sylvaneth tome. 

If they don't release a new tome for both fyreslayers and idoneth we would need a campaign book similar to the broken realms one to put the warscrolls for the new heroes. So we should get some books, but I doubt they will show then for a while. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Warsong revenant was for BR so that was an different situation, I am pretty sure just like shadow throne and Hexfire that one or both battletome are comming out at release if there isn’t more shipping problem

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

PUDAnon acting cute as if she didn't take over secret operative duties from the fang. I  reckon if someone had an idea on whether the #DeepWorkshop took the fang out, it'd be you. ;)

After squinting at the James Workshop bloopers video, I have convinced myself that James Workshop blinks in morse code "Whitefang is on the moon". And what's the moon made of? Exactly. Cheese. Skaven got Whitefang to avoid him from revealing that Skaven are now Chaos Duardin in fursuits! /jk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Same here. I don't play Eldar, but I play CSM and I am not particularly excited about the Warpsmith. I will try to get only the Chosen, I really like them.

• Like 1