The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Countdown banner on community has a flag rensembling Skaven/Eshin clan.

UMMMMMMMM oh my, thank you very much, I'm gonna cherish this dosis of hopium like my most valuable treasure

Screenshot_20220503-123250_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Aye really good catch guys, sneaky skaven. 

There's also another Skaven banner on the right side, I can't make out the symbol though. 

Screenshot_20220503_115948.jpg

It's a common symbol for the skaven that has been appearing on shields and banners (not a specific clan) since the 90s, if I don't misremember. It's still present in the nowadays

Skaven Clan Shields by MorfiasArkadian on DeviantArt

bitZMarket - Offers for Skaven Clanrat Shield Sprue

Las mejores ofertas en Los clanes Verminus Warhammer Fantasy Battles sin  montar y sin pintar Warhammer fantasy caos Games | eBay

(You can see examples of this common use on the Book of Skaven heraldics and uniforms)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

For the love of Sigmar let it be full skaven army release and not just some warcy spinoff.

They’re getting a battletome (almost certainly), but what comes with that we’ve no idea. Personally I’m not getting my hopes up for much. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Lumineth is also pretty likely because of that one interview where they said they still had loads of Lumineth stuff in the pipeline and that Lumineth warband we know is coming.

Do you remember which interview this was?

16 minutes ago, Garrac said:

It's a common symbol for the skaven that has been appearing on shields and banners (not a specific clan) since the 90s, if I don't misremember. It's still present in the nowadays

Las mejores ofertas en Los clanes Verminus Warhammer Fantasy Battles sin  montar y sin pintar Warhammer fantasy caos Games | eBay

(You can see examples of this common use on the Book of Skaven heraldics and uniforms)

Cheers guys. 

My god I'm excited for this, could this show get any better? Well, obviously it could but there's not one reveal I'm not looking forward to based on these banners. 

I'm not used to read Skaven lore, can anyone explain a little bit what are they doing in AoS? (thx!)

I read some books with Skavens (Be'lakor pact with them in Broken realms, the Giant Doomwheel in Spear of Shadows, Malign Portents/Black Pyramid 2.0 ) but none of them has any focus on Skavens.

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm not used to read Skaven lore, can anyone explain a little bit what are they doing in AoS? (thx!)

I read some books with Skavens (Be'lakor pact with them in Broken realms, the Giant Doomwheel in Spear of Shadows, Malign Portents/Black Pyramid 2.0 ) but none of them has any focus on Skavens.

Haven't read the books, but according to the battletome they are just exactly the same as they were in Fantasy, only that now they're at the warp.

To this day I think they haven't done nothing very excinting or important apart from being cannon fodder for other factions, like weakening Excelsis before Kragnos's arrival. At the past, at each Age they didn't appear as such an important menace as orruks or Archaon. The only relevant thing they've done since AoS started was when Thanquol discovered (by accident) the idoneth deepkin (If I'm not mistaken)

Kinda disappointing having in mind that they were the ones that wiped out 70% of Fantasy during End Times

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

This glyph was used by vassal clans like the Clan Kreepus, so it can be a common glyph used by Eshin vassals. The glyph reversed is one of the Skyre glyphs.

Thx a lot @Garrac

Imho, they are one of the best villains for Duardins (Gobbos/Skavens already have some Kharadron Sky-ports under their control, that's a lot of Runes of Mark!).

One of my favorite conflicts was the Karak Eight Peaks, I hope to see something like that again.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

This glyph was used by vassal clans like the Clan Kreepus, so it can be a common glyph used by Eshin vassals. The glyph reversed is one of the Skyre glyphs.

Yes, but at the Book of Heraldics, it also appears as a generic simbol, and at other clans not Eshin related imagery like clans Ferrik, Kochambre, Feesik, Scruten, Grutnik...

It's a generic simbol, like the BHR's inversed triangle. One of the most classic skaven icons in fact. But I can see where the similarities and confussions have appeared, since in this banner it has more clearly the shape of a throwing star.

Now, where have we seen throwing stars with that particualr shape? If I don't misremember, there was a description like that on one of Thanquol's aparitions during the G& Saga. The assasin from ¿2002? had one similar on his pocket

image.png.0f63ee3e38744b41e69f04f8264cdaf3.pngimage.png.401347b306198d6098340ff16a934af8.png

To this day this simbol wasn't used anymore as a throwing star... but most recently...

image.png.fd6de52db467447fad1089f3ba312f41.pngimage.png.3ccadb2793e3b25d4f4d8f43c758f866.png

I would even add that the banner's one is a new model since it has a triangle at the center that I don't recall having ever seen. Don't discart the possibility of new Eshin models using this as weapons

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Did a bunch of terrain kits recently disappear from the store?

I could have sworn the "Sigmarite Mausoleum" and "Walls and Fences" were still on there last month.

I've noticed a lot of terrain is missing. It's a shame because those are great kits! They really should focus more on longevity with all those kits. They are pretty important to the game after all. 

13 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I've noticed a lot of terrain is missing. It's a shame because those are great kits! They really should focus more on longevity with all those kits. They are pretty important to the game after all. 

Imho they should add more generic looking scenery to the range. Most of the things they have to offer dont really fit well with my destruction and death armies. I'll welcome some new terrain with open arms. I do like the Thondia dragon skeleton, hope they release it separately.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I honestly find it surprising. When I look at the list of terrain kits for AoS on Lexicanum, there are a bunch of cool kits there that I would love to buy if they were still available. It's weird to me that scenery has a much quicker turn around time than a lot of unit model kits. It's not like a castle or house becomes obsolete within a few years.

• Like 1

Dang, even the Baleful Realmgates, Dominion Nexus Siphon, Penumbral Engine and a lot of AoS1 terrain is gone.

I guess it shouldn’t be surprising since they already have enough storage issues that every main game have to go through model rotation and the oversea costs from Brexit are likely what is stopping them from doing anymore faction scenery since a bunch of that stuff was Chinese manufactured.

Actually thinking on it now I remember 40k just went this a through a few weeks ago with a lot of their beloved terrain going Last Chance.

Tough times.🤷

At least we know they’ll replace them with something cool in the future when things get back on track.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Dang, even the Baleful Realmgates, Dominion Nexus Siphon, Penumbral Engine and a lot of AoS1 terrain is gone.

I guess it shouldn’t be surprising since they already have enough storage issues that every main game have to go through model rotation and the oversea costs from Brexit are likely what is stopping them from doing anymore faction scenery since a bunch of that stuff was Chinese manufactured.

Actually thinking on it now I remember 40k just went this a through a few weeks ago with a lot of their beloved terrain going Last Chance.

Tough times.🤷

At least we know they’ll replace them with something cool in the future when things get back on track.

Kinda sucks that the AoS kits didn't even go on "last chance to buy", though (unless I missed it). I would probably have picked up a Penumbral Engine or Sigmarite Mausoleum with the Sepulchral Guard I ordered two weeks ago if I had known.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Garrac said:

New teaser for tomorrow's 40k announcement.

Notice that there are two chaos banners and two squat banners

Yeah all the banners are duplicated or mirrored on all the marketing for Warhammer Fest 2022. My guess is this is just them saying don't expect more than Chaos and Leagues

• Like 2