The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

And no Aeronautica.  Even though i never played any of them i honestly hoped they could reach the bloodbowl Level of success (1 new Team per quarter. No more, No less xD). 

While i am at it: anyone got some guesses about the Bloodbowl team? 

We are in the realm of "could be anything, really". Hoping for Amazons or Vampires but could live with something never seen... Like Slaanesh or a troll team.

Squigs? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

In regards to your Chaos Knight/Darkmech Heresy army, I'd be happy to compare notes @Neverchosen. My guys are based off of Feudal Japan and modern day Japanese biker gangs (Dark Mech) and samurai mixed with Day of the Dead iconography (Chaos Knights), backed up by the Night Lords and Thousand Sons respectively.

For me it will be based on price, I want to go Dark Mech but HH is such a good deal and pretty much gives me a 2000 point CSM army that I can use in HH and 40k and I will be able to pick up a few more purchases for my Slaves to Darkness army for proxy purposes such as Ogroids... 😎

p.s. I added a the kind of base text of my army to your narrative campaign thread as per your request a little while back!

39 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I completely agree. Im gunna lower my expectations and assume that a Destruction Warband will not be in the starter and that itll be Chaos Vs Chaos. So I too am incredibly hyped to see some Ghurish Jungle themed terrain!! 

I think that they have shown that Warcry is expanding beyond just Chaos but I also assume it was probably a decision  that was made with an eye towards transition. I assume that there was some debate about keeping it purely a chaos focused game and narrative but they realized how successful Kill Team was and how many people played Warcry beyond Chaos armies and decided to move in that direction. Still I think the future of Warcry is bright just going off of it's science fiction counterpart. 😁

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Koala said:

And no Aeronautica.  Even though i never played any of them i honestly hoped they could reach the bloodbowl Level of success (1 new Team per quarter. No more, No less xD). 

We are in the realm of "could be anything, really". Hoping for Amazons or Vampires but could live with something never seen... Like Slaanesh or a troll team.

You had me at Troll team...

21 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

For me it will be based on price, I want to go Dark Mech but HH is such a good deal and pretty much gives me a 2000 point CSM army that I can use in HH and 40k and I will be able to pick up a few more purchases for my Slaves to Darkness army for proxy purposes such as Ogroids... 😎

p.s. I added a the kind of base text of my army to your narrative campaign thread as per your request a little while back!

I think that they have shown that Warcry is expanding beyond just Chaos but I also assume it was probably a decision  that was made with an eye towards transition. I assume that there was some debate about keeping it purely a chaos focused game and narrative but they realized how successful Kill Team was and how many people played Warcry beyond Chaos armies and decided to move in that direction. Still I think the future of Warcry is bright just going off of it's science fiction counterpart. 😁

Absolutely mate youve nailed it. All they have to do is update some units for different Factions and those kits will sell not only to Warcry players but mainline as well. Imagine if we get new Saurus, Gutter Runners and Maneaters for Warcry!?

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

So they leaked stuff which propted GW get rid of them completely so now they have absolutely zero input? 

Seems like a stupid move on their part. 

They essentially had zero input already and yet were blamed, as evidenced by a few posts in this thread, for all issues with game balance.

Notice how massive leaks of the rules only happened relatively recently. When you exploit peoples labour by taking advantage of their passion without paying them and then still manage to ****** things up of course people will get pissed off. These people were giving up their free time to try and make 40k better and were getting nothing out of it in return.

One has to wonder if that was always the plan by GW; to foist any responsibility for failings in the rules onto third parties. Or more likely it's just something very symptomatic of big successful corporate entities; they're insular and love to sniff their own farts and see any "outside" point of view of their ways of doing things as completely ignorable. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Koala said:

It is odd, the Titanicus starter set seems to sell very well, at least it often seems to sell out quickly on 3rd party sellers.

I am hoping it is a quiet period before a new edition and big release. I have heard rumours of Aeronautica being integrated with Titanicus though, and rumours of Epic returning, maybe AT is waiting for some of that stuff, at least I hope!

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

You had me at Troll team...

Absolutely mate youve nailed it. All they have to do is update some units for different Factions and those kits will sell not only to Warcry players but mainline as well. Imagine if we get new Saurus, Gutter Runners and Maneaters for Warcry!?

This is an idea ive had for a while, mainly through the thought process that a unit of dispossessed rangers with a bit of hemet nesingwary sprinkled in, is perfect for a warcry warband. Doing units like chamaeleon skinks, Clan Moulder skaven, vampirates, kurnothi etc things that they can make a unit for that can be kind of wild and have all the different fighters that fit with warcry but also dont ****** too much with aos.

• LOVE IT! 1

I think this debate goes back to Warcry is still a side game and models are made specifically for Warcry and are not meant to be a refresh for AoS mainline. (Example it not going to be use to refresh Saurus or Gutterrunners)

and I don’t see that changing despite the wild wishlisting here.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

They essentially had zero input already and yet were blamed, as evidenced by a few posts in this thread, for all issues with game balance.

Notice how massive leaks of the rules only happened relatively recently. When you exploit peoples labour by taking advantage of their passion without paying them and then still manage to ****** things up of course people will get pissed off. These people were giving up their free time to try and make 40k better and were getting nothing out of it in return.

One has to wonder if that was always the plan by GW; to foist any responsibility for failings in the rules onto third parties. Or more likely it's just something very symptomatic of big successful corporate entities; they're insular and love to sniff their own farts and see any "outside" point of view of their ways of doing things as completely ignorable. 

Well most of the massive leak where due to people somehow getting books early ( maybe to some internal problem of shipping early access products) and leaking on the internet, some of the playtester leak where different or inaccurate from the final copy of the rules since they don’t alway work with the final form of the book.

I believe some of the Eldar leak wasn’t really correct especially the swooping Hawks and Barrroth becoming plastic part.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skjold said:

This is an idea ive had for a while, mainly through the thought process that a unit of dispossessed rangers with a bit of hemet nesingwary sprinkled in, is perfect for a warcry warband. Doing units like chamaeleon skinks, Clan Moulder skaven, vampirates, kurnothi etc things that they can make a unit for that can be kind of wild and have all the different fighters that fit with warcry but also dont ****** too much with aos.

Oh mate Dispossessed Rangers would fit the setting so well!!

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I think this debate goes back to Warcry is still a side game and models are made specifically for Warcry and are not meant to be a refresh for AoS mainline. (Example it not going to be use to refresh Saurus or Gutterrunners)

Oh I dont mean they will be the place to buy 'Updated Saurus' but Underworlds itself has become that defacto place for minis such as Hrothgar for the Icebrow Hunter and the Crimson Court for Vampires. 

Ill honestly be surprised if we dont get Maneaters for Warcry.

• LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

5 Spider Riders + boss could be a warband right? Right? I honestly would like to see some more Eshin models, it might push me into buying Skaven.

Yes. Do it. Lets make them all Destruction!! Ogor Maneaters Warband, Orruk Warclans 'Ard Boyz Warband, Spiderfang Riders Warband, Trogg Herd Warband, wandering Mancrusher monster.

4 hours ago, novakai said:

I agree. I think Warcry is more of a seperate space with its own thing. Most of the non chaos warbands were just old models put in a box. Now they have built a decent chaos human following collection, so that’s something that could be in play down the road with Dawnbringers. 

Underworlds is where they sometimes use the design space to give a model an update or alternate pose. Using your Gutterrunner example, the new Skaven underworlds models could easily replace the old gutterrunners as a substitute.  Plus the lore of underworlds does have direct correlation to main storyline .

50 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I agree. I think Warcry is more of a seperate space with its own thing. Most of the non chaos warbands were just old models put in a box. Now they have built a decent chaos human following collection, so that’s something that could be in play down the road with Dawnbringers. 

Underworlds is where they sometimes use the design space to give a model an update or alternate pose. Using your Gutterrunner example, the new Skaven underworlds models could easily replace the old gutterrunners as a substitute.  Plus the lore of underworlds does have direct correlation to main storyline .

Yeah you can proxy them with old gutter runners, but the outlining problem remain it impractical to ever build a full squad of them, just like the chameleon skink and the frostsabre (which is not even on a legit base size)

and I think it been proven that even GW don’t think of these warbands as true update or replace for AoS, just model for a side game.

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

5 Spider Riders + boss could be a warband right? Right? I honestly would like to see some more Eshin models, it might push me into buying Skaven.

We could just get new spiderfang models  that are separate, there not a reason it has to be a warband for a different game to begin with lol

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

We could just get new spiderfang models  that are separate, there not a reason it has to be a warband for a different game to begin with lol

That would be best.

Getting a warband for alternate sculpts is 2nd best. Its just more options to personalise your army imho. Same with Underworlds, i dont even own the base game but i own 4 warbands just for the models that i use for AoS.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, novakai said:

some of the playtester leak where different or inaccurate from the final copy of the rules since they don’t alway work with the final form of the book.

All Heresy leaks were from phase 1, 2 and 3 from testers. The final books have some tweaks here and there as everybody expected. Not sure abour S2D leak, it seems a final copy of the book, still strange to see how it happened.

Btw, leaks seems to be a big problem for GW, I can see why they want to cut ties with external testers and return to the Faithful group. I hope that AoS 3.0 doesn't take a hit because of that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, novakai said:

The Shadowstalker seems an exception, at least. Arguably so are the StD 'Cultists', although most people are probably running those to avoid having to buy the ancient Marauders.

Kill-Team sells well because most of it's kits are intended to be 100% cross-compatible, rather than either as alt-sculpts or "we had the intern write rules on his lunch because you'd be nagging otherwise" unlike... say, Blackstone Fortress. I'd be shocked if they don't continue this mindset going into War Cry 2.0, at least for the non-StD factions.

A sale is a sale, even if none is playing the game itself and is buying it for AoS sculpts.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd be shocked if they don't continue this mindset going into War Cry 2.0, at least for the non-StD factions.

I hope that's the case!

34 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I hope Bloodbowl will finally get the chaos dwarves team.

Yes!! Another one from my check-list:

[    ] Chaos Dwarfs for Blood Bowl
[    ] Chaos Dwarfs/Furnace Kings for AoS
[    ] 2d Wave for Kharadron Overlords
[    ] 2d Wave for Fyreslayers
[    ] First wave for AoS Dispossessed.
[ ] Squats for 40k

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

50 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I hope that's the case!

[ ] Squats for 40k

Cant believe that Squats happened before a second wave for Fyreslayers or Kharadron

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I hope that's the case!

[ ] Squats for 40k

Fantastic list!! I may have to take a crack at one...

12 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Cant believe that Squats happened before a second wave for Fyreslayers or Kharadron

Thats pure madness!!

We have just over a week until the Summer Skirmish Preview, lets hedge some bets on what we think will be seen and what we hope will be seen!!

For Warcry Im gunna assume that the Nurgle Swamp Warband and Horns of Hashut will feature in the box alongside some awesome Ghurish terrain.

For Underworlds we will see the rumoured Witch Hunter Warband!!