The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

That is true.

My point was that a god-king who creates supersoldiers and leads an empire isn't that dissimilar from a god-emperor that created supersoldiers and leads an empire.

This golden ruler is quite different from the other one. Alive or not is quite a change already.

But let's go back to rumours. Do we think new chorfs demon engines will look more like this image.png.5be9c47b7b4a773d892ac8e4adba3c54.pngor this

1081884638_Thomas_the_Tank_Engine_28Tom_Coben29_.png.c2f82fc133d1e082a79a03985684d8ac.png

WHO DARES POSTS DAEMON THOMAS WITHOUT SINGING HIS THEMESONG?!?! 

I'm betting on the top image based on the previous Forgeworld kits version of Chorf train. I'm admittedly biased based on my history of being a Thomas the Tank Engine kid (the classic show, when it was basically stop-motion and model trains) and still have my train table that I passed down to my younger siblings (my Chorf army will most likely be in his colors).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

WHO DARES POSTS DAEMON THOMAS WITHOUT SINGING HIS THEMESONG?!?! 

I'm betting on the top image based on the previous Forgeworld kits version of Chorf train. I'm admittedly biased based on my history of being a Thomas the Tank Engine kid (the classic show, when it was basically stop-motion and model trains) and still have my train table that I passed down to my younger siblings (my Chorf army will most likely be in his colors).

I'd also think the former. I do like the latter though. I somehow need to make a model from that picture to torture my players with. Feels like the vibe of this month's Bestiarium https://www.bestiarumgames.com/releasepage?pgid=kzt66szq-07f7fa45-a221-4292-bccc-6ef4e0099980

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Okay, I think it's time to pray to the Old Ones for the next warband to be revealed today and for them to be seraphon. I personally would like temple guard with a Kroxigor or two, but really anything with scales will do.

I bet they'll reveal one model from it on Monday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

That is true.

My point was that a god-king who creates supersoldiers and leads an empire isn't that dissimilar from a god-emperor that created supersoldiers and leads an empire.

This golden ruler is quite different from the other one. Alive or not is quite a change already.

But let's go back to rumours. Do we think new chorfs demon engines will look more like this image.png.5be9c47b7b4a773d892ac8e4adba3c54.pngor this

1081884638_Thomas_the_Tank_Engine_28Tom_Coben29_.png.c2f82fc133d1e082a79a03985684d8ac.png

I hope so with the spider legs. Would be a nice mirror to the Ironweld Cog Forts which all use spider legs to traverse the shifting realmscapes.

image.jpeg.a5437f94645f84820953fe57b37a5df6.jpeg
Old_Firesnout_01.png

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I hope so with the spider legs. Would be a nice mirror to the Ironweld Cog Forts which all use spider legs to traverse the shifting realmscapes.

image.jpeg.a5437f94645f84820953fe57b37a5df6.jpeg
Old_Firesnout_01.png

Naw, let the City Bois keep their cowardly spider-tanks, the children of Hashut will just bend the realm to our will. Daemon Thomas shall lay down the tracks of our realm spanning Rail-Empire!!!

"They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight! Hearts of Iron and Burning Hate!" 

Edit: It is only my love for LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! and my current army projects that are keeping me from reinventing myself as "Thomas the Daemon Engine" on this forum.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Im hoping for either Seraphon or a Destruction Warband. I had forgotten the Legionaires were leaked so unfortunately itll most likely be them.

Whatever Warband it is I hope its a full reveal and not 1 mini!!

I still feel like Seraphon will make a huge splash this edition!

I think that they will be saved for the end much like Lumineth Realm Lords were in the last edition. My theory is that Beasts of Chaos will be revealed as something like the big Bad with a return of Morghur and the Orruks will actually be key to holding them off and then Kroak and his Mage posse will cast a deus ex Machina spell bringing us into the edition into 4th!

The new artwork is pretty slick:
BattletoadsNES_01.png

Actually I keep wondering if they will set up a Chaos entity to be to a villain of sorts for each realm? Archaon = 8 Points, Be'Lakor = Chamon, Morghur = Ghur?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Go back to Tatooine Obi-Wan!

I will and now that I can talk to long dead things, I‘ll tell your precious Settra you said hi. 😎

PS: I went to Owen‘s school of sick burns, I have the high ground!

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Well well, little bit of interesting news from the StD battletome leakers.

Lorewise what’s happened is Kragnos got Grand Marshall Archaon so riled up that he let slip his ultimate plan to turn on the Dark Gods after the Realms have been dealt with(this is why since the beginning he’s cemented his power at All-Gates, not because it allows full access for his legions into the Realms but because it’s the only place Chaos can freely enter them. He controls their access and can turn it off like a spigot) causing his eighth circle of Varanguard(he still retains the majority, that’s why he had them worship him rather than the Dark Gods) to abandon him and join Belakor in their ongoing civil war to lead Chaos.

That’s where the new character Eternus is from. A Varanguard that left Archaon and signed up for Belakor’s Bootleg Stormcast program to become immortal like them(though noticeably tethered further to Belakor).

Another noted speech mishap is from Vandus Hammerhand, he was in the middle of a presentation but the soul wound Archaon gave him flared up alongside the mounting prophecy paranoia his numerous reforgings have granted him(sometimes he sees an important event like Malign Portents and sometimes he sees maddening things) since AoS2 and he had a meltdown that caused him to be suspended from duty and put in a holding cell.

Nothing big there(he’ll obviously be put back on duty again once recovered, war eternal doesn’t have time for PTSD. Seriously, they lost Sigmar’s initial vacation privilege plans because the threats from the Soul Wars were too many to spare any Stormcasts so the time to rest was short-lived) but it does make me have a release theory to go with my Aqshy Season of War one.

Mainly my hunch is in AoS4 we’ll have a ten year anniversary opportunity, I think we could see 2025 in Aqshy with both a big update on Blades of Khorne and the return of Khul to the narrative after he returns from trying to re-re-conquer the Orb Infernia(remember he did conquer the sub-realm and flew it around Aqshy causing rampant bloodlust but we blasted it with a giant time cannon that reversed all his victories and put him back at square one) as “Aqshy’s bane”(throw in potential new Valkia model here for, ugh, nostalgia bait and mirror to Yndraste) and a big update on the Stormcast Warrior Chamber for a callback as the two armies of Gold & Red that heralded Age of Sigmar’s first launch.

Lot of initial model lines for both being updated to include female kits for Marauders and Liberators.

Especially Liberator females, they’ve been teasing us far too long and even do it in the current Core rules book with that cool design that also has traces of the other chambers like the Sacrosanct soul flasks to show they picked up tricks from their Lightning kin over the centuries they fought together.

IMG_0382.png

Meanwhile Vandus becomes a Knight-Questor like Hamilcar Bear-Eater did as both are sent out to find a solution to their soul problems(Vandus’ soul wound and Hamilcar’s soul link to Ikit. Hopefully both get models as well)

I’d like/imagine something close to what this kitbasher did with Vandus keeping his iconic flashy helm but get beefed up Lord-Thunderstrike armor and a huge stormhammer  so he can venture safely to Chaos held zones and seek a solution while occasionally butting heads with his nemesis Khul as they keep killing eachother over and over again(Khorne brings back Khul) over the wastes and cities of Aqshy in his ongoing self-recovery arc.

c8eer7ec5pc91.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

awhi0xec5pc91.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

Besides that obvious hope for big Fyreslayer update in their native Realm and Dawners launch to kick off the edition as they’re mainly used to represent Hammerhal Aqshy forces and God-king willing where we’ll see Agloraxi Fire-mage tech and flaming pauldrons like in the Ironweld blueprints.

image.jpeg.3173bb41d2e64d1cf4c0e331200c6753.jpeg

image2.jpg

Thanks for coming to my Baron talk. May the God-king be with you on your Journey through the infinite Realms. 🔥 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 5

44 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Well well, little bit of interesting news from the StD battletome leakers.

Lorewise what’s happened is Kragnos got Grand Marshall Archaon so riled up that he let slip his ultimate plan to turn on the Dark Gods after the Realms have been dealt with(this is why since the beginning he’s cemented his power at All-Gates, not because it allows full access for his legions into the Realms but because it’s the only place Chaos can freely enter them. He controls their access and can turn it off like a spigot) causing his eighth circle of Varanguard(he still retains the majority, that’s why he had them worship him rather than the Dark Gods) to abandon him and join Belakor in their ongoing civil war to lead Chaos.

That’s where the new character Eternus is from. A Varanguard that left Archaon and signed up for Belakor’s Bootleg Stormcast program to become immortal like them(though noticeably tethered further to Belakor).

Another noted speech mishap is from Vandus Hammerhand, he was in the middle of a presentation but the soul wound Archaon gave him flared up alongside the mounting prophecy paranoia his numerous reforgings have granted him(sometimes he sees an important event like Malign Portents and sometimes he sees maddening things) since AoS2 and he had a meltdown that caused him to be suspended from duty and put in a holding cell.

Nothing big there(he’ll obviously be put back on duty again once recovered, war eternal doesn’t have time for PTSD. Seriously, they lost Sigmar’s initial vacation privilege plans because the threats from the Soul Wars were too many to spare any Stormcasts so the time to rest was short-lived) but it does make me have a release theory to go with my Aqshy Season of War one.

Mainly my hunch is in AoS4 we’ll have a ten year anniversary opportunity, I think we could see 2025 in Aqshy with both a big update on Blades of Khorne and the return of Khul to the narrative after he returns from trying to re-re-conquer the Orb Infernia(remember he did conquer the sub-realm and flew it around Aqshy causing rampant bloodlust but we blasted it with a giant time cannon that reversed all his victories and put him back at square one) as “Aqshy’s bane”(throw in potential new Valkia model here for, ugh, nostalgia bait and mirror to Yndraste) and a big update on the Stormcast Warrior Chamber for a callback as the two armies of Gold & Red that heralded Age of Sigmar’s first launch.

Lot of initial model lines for both being updated to include female kits for Marauders and Liberators.

Especially Liberator females, they’ve been teasing us far too long and even do it in the current Core rules book with that cool design that also has traces of the other chambers like the Sacrosanct soul flasks to show they picked up tricks from their Lightning kin over the centuries they fought together.

IMG_0382.png

Meanwhile Vandus becomes a Knight-Questor like Hamilcar Bear-Eater did as both are sent out to find a solution to their soul problems(Vandus’ soul wound and Hamilcar’s soul link to Ikit. Hopefully both get models as well)

I’d like/imagine something close to what this kitbasher did with Vandus keeping his iconic flashy helm but get beefed up Lord-Thunderstrike armor and a huge stormhammer  so he can venture safely to Chaos held zones and seek a solution while occasionally butting heads with his nemesis Khul as they keep killing eachother over and over again(Khorne brings back Khul) over the wastes and cities of Aqshy in his ongoing self-recovery arc.

awhi0xec5pc91.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

Besides that obvious hope for big Fyreslayer update in their native Realm and Dawners launch to kick off the edition as they’re mainly used to represent Hammerhal Aqshy forces and God-king willing where we’ll see Agloraxi Fire-mage tech and flaming pauldrons like in the Ironweld blueprints.

image.jpeg.3173bb41d2e64d1cf4c0e331200c6753.jpeg

image2.jpg

Thanks for coming to my Baron talk. May the God-king be with you on your Journey through the infinite Realms. 🔥 

First off, who's your source for these spicy Slaves to Darkness leaks? This sounds like my kind of Civil War (the justified kind). If this leak is true, then this is possibly the most important Chaos book since Wrath of the Everchosen. The varanguard swear oaths directly to Archaon, and the 8th circle are the guys NO ONE knows anything about. If even a small minority of them have decided to join Be'lakor, then he just gained a a small army of Chaos Lords who know the layout of the Varanspire and probably a good deal of Archaon's plans (such as his plan to free Slaanesh). 

Be'lakor has essentially become a chaos god in his own right at this point, with Eternus essentially being his first "daemon prince," and there's no doubt in my mind that tall dark and gruesome will continue to grow in standing throughout the setting.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

First off, who's your source for these spicy Slaves to Darkness leaks?

Lexicanum guy who’s pretty good at getting ahold of info in advance.

I was gonna post the actually clear picture of Eternus he has too but obviously leaked pics aren’t allowed here. So I’ll DM you it.

4 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

a small army of Chaos Lords who know the layout of the Varanspire and probably a good deal of Archaon's plans

Yeah this definitely marks a power shift to Belakor and his daemon legions.

could possibly play into the Aqshy theory with Archaon leaning on the blood God’s followers like Khul and Valkia since they won’t care about those plans as it just means more bloodshed even after Order, Death and Destruction are defeated and the new civil war begins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I still feel like Seraphon will make a huge splash this edition!

I think that they will be saved for the end much like Lumineth Realm Lords were in the last edition. My theory is that Beasts of Chaos will be revealed as something like the big Bad with a return of Morghur and the Orruks will actually be key to holding them off and then Kroak and his Mage posse will cast a deus ex Machina spell bringing us into the edition into 4th!

The new artwork is pretty slick:
BattletoadsNES_01.png

Actually I keep wondering if they will set up a Chaos entity to be to a villain of sorts for each realm? Archaon = 8 Points, Be'Lakor = Chamon, Morghur = Ghur?

Seraphon Vs Beasts of Chaos would be an epic way to send off the Edition!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Glad you like him :)

In case you are interested in the parts used:
It's one of the free Vindictor Models GW hands out from time to time. I used Vandus' head, an Evocator Helm-Crest, The Hammer+Hand of Bastian Karthalos, one Vambracer of an Annihalator (quite some carving required -> right arm), an Annihalator lower arm and an Annihalator Shield. The Cape is one left over from the Stromdrake Guard Box.

All I have to do now is go in and fix the right arm (he intentionally stretches it, though I might put the pauldron back towards the torso, just a little)

P.S.: I might reproduce this Pose today, however with a Spear to create a 300-esque Champion for my Vindictors! (or a Knight Questor... mhm)

Edited by JackStreicher
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2