The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Imho Adepticon will be used for that "big comeback" rumored for the 40k....
Aos wise probably they will bring up the first proper Cities reveal.

Im guessing full Seraphon range reveal, next Chaos and Death Tomes if none revealed this weekend and Seasons of War Gallet alongside...NEXT WARCRY BOXED SET!?

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Im guessing full Seraphon range reveal, next Chaos and Death Tomes if none revealed this weekend and Seasons of War Gallet alongside...NEXT WARCRY BOXED SET!?

Honestly I have a funny feeling we're going to know the rest of the Seraphon range before Adepticon, and Adepticon will be used to tease either Flesh Eater Courts or Dawnbringer Crusades. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

This weekends reveal depends on what else is coming in March. The worst case scenario is that the open day will show previously revealed minis in the "flesh"  for the first time. Best case is that we see the rest of the Seraphon range. 

I'm not actually expecting that much from Adepticon as it's only a month before Warhammer Fest which gw is really hyping this year. I think we might just see the remaining spring heroes at Adepticon and a cities reveal at Warhammer Fest. We will definitely see the next warcry and Kill team boxes at Adepticon and maybe the next season of Underworlds too. Then for 40k we could  see commander Farsight this weekend, the Lion at Adepticon and 10th at Warhammer Fest. If Warhammer fantasy is coming this year, we will see the first minis for it at Warhammer Fest. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Im hoping we get a peak of the Seraphon Launch box this weekend... but that depends if it contains any minis we havent seen yet or not. 

I think Adepticon will be the next Warcry Box and maybe the fabled Gallet book and incarnate. 

• Like 1

Been watching Total War batreps to hold myself over, and I notice that there's a lot of instances of 'feral' beasts that Lizardmen can take in Total War.

I wonder if we'll see something like that in the new book? Notice the raptadons... the skinks aren't on some complex saddle, there's just 3 connection points. One for each foot and then the handle on the ropes around the neck. Three things that could be very easy to remove and have feral Raptadons.

The Stegadon, Bastilodon, and Carnosaur/Troglodon do have a couple of little connection points here and there, but for the most part not difficult to leave the riders off of them. If we see new Saurus Knights, I wonder if they'll be similarly limited in connection points to allow for pure dinos? 

Xk8OKe81ks2Nbi9y.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I need to seriously lower my expectations of the next reveal. I think we got spoiled a bit last time. I think we will see something about the next tomes. Im really into Warcry lately so i hope we get to see more of that. 

I'd love to see the OBR tome announced. That faction has a lot of potential even with just a rules update. I want to see what they look like with good, thematic 3rd edition rules instead of 2nd edition beta test rules.

There is also a chance we will get a new Arkhan model with their battletome. His old body was destroyed by Eltharion during Broken Realms, after all.

Plus, I want to know what models I need to buy to finish my 2000 point list. Will Immortis Guard finally be playable? Probably not, but I'd like to know.

• Like 11

I don't think we will see Seraphon this weekend. It seems too soon for the army set and new models will probably stay in the biweekly new model Monday.

What I would expect is revealing the 4 remaining battletomes from the roadmap as its basically already confirmed which ones the death will be and chaos only has 2 more and then the single heroes for the one or two next battletomes depending on if they are released together like gitz/ogors or alone like Kharadron

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

This weekends reveal depends on what else is coming in March. The worst case scenario is that the open day will show previously revealed minis in the "flesh"  for the first time. Best case is that we see the rest of the Seraphon range. 

I'm not actually expecting that much from Adepticon as it's only a month before Warhammer Fest which gw is really hyping this year. I think we might just see the remaining spring heroes at Adepticon and a cities reveal at Warhammer Fest. We will definitely see the next warcry and Kill team boxes at Adepticon and maybe the next season of Underworlds too. Then for 40k we could  see commander Farsight this weekend, the Lion at Adepticon and 10th at Warhammer Fest. If Warhammer fantasy is coming this year, we will see the first minis for it at Warhammer Fest. 

This is a very likely estimate mate. I mostly just want Seasons of War Gallet finally announced. 

Screenshot_20230302-213703.png.e3678d640e8b35642e530ce2d74ae991.png

7 minutes ago, Lich King said:

What is the reveal event for the weekend ? I didn’t see any news of a preview ..

There isn't a preview event exactly. This weekend is the Warhammer world open day and they said in the last article about it that they would be showing new models. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Screenshot_20230302-213703.png.e3678d640e8b35642e530ce2d74ae991.png

There isn't a preview event exactly. This weekend is the Warhammer world open day and they said in the last article about it that they would be showing new models. 

Hopefully someone from TGA will be going and can post us some pics 🤞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Given that this isn't being advertised as a big Preview event with a stream and such, don't get your hopes up for seeing much of anything.

Maybe one 40k reveal and one AoS reveal is my prediction.

Im guessing a Seraphon mini. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Im guessing a Seraphon mini. 

Maybe not. At this point it probably doesn't make any sense to treacle out the rest of Seraphon kit-by-kit, just reveal the second half of the new models in one go. 

If they're going to show off just one mini, then they may want to make it count, bring something that'll have the highest impact. So my guess would be something we completely haven't seen yet.

9 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Maybe not. At this point it probably doesn't make any sense to treacle out the rest of Seraphon kit-by-kit, just reveal the second half of the new models in one go. 

If they're going to show off just one mini, then they may want to make it count, bring something that'll have the highest impact. So my guess would be something we completely haven't seen yet.

I understand what your saying. Another Mega Gargant kit it is!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Thunder lizard baby!!!!!  (Just wishlists...I doubt they would make it)

Sf

• LOVE IT! 2

Another seraphon piece could make sense, especially if there's another single hero they can show off.  Otherwise my guess would be a single teaser mini for the next warcry or underworlds set, it's not a big preview so I'm not expecting anything too extravagant.

• Like 1

My guess for aos:
Slaanesh & Khorne battletome reveals, possibly with the models
Seraphon army box reveal

stretch guesses:
OBR & Fec tome announcements
New season of war/incarnate

Warcry:
A supplemental warcry unit of some kind, maybe with a campaign book or something.

Underworlds: That Tzeentch warband, possibly as part of the new season/box set.

I think they'll save the seraphon full range reveal for adepticon, there's no way they show off dawnbringer crusades who are a fall release at the earliest, we won't get 2 big releases in summer. I think the next warcry box will get shown off there too.