The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think 6C and 6D are in 10th's video.

7 A and B are the first hints at the new minis from our final campaign? Or maybe 3A and 5D were unexpected teasers about that?

Yeah, and the 5B could be the Votann lasercannon but with that perspective it is only showing two of three cannons. It is crazy that almost all the rumours are resolved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I really want to see those Kroxigor torsos on some Dragon Ogors. You think they are big enough? Cos I'd love to see some Drakanoid Centaur dudes.

Can't stop looking at everything it's all beautiful. And not even a month to wait until the next big event. Scrumptious.

Kroxigors are quite big if you look at this shot. Seems like they are almost twice as big as the already upscaled Saurus Warriors

Adepticon05 AoS Seraphon Terrain1

• Like 1

And I'm up, online and enjoying!!

Seraphon army is looking like its getting a really great update - new chunky kroxagores; big mounts and all! 

Ossiarchs I wish had gotten an archer unit, but a support for the bigger models in the force is a good addition to an elite style army and the model looks great.

Soulblight is equally looking good with a new hero, surprised there wasn't more as Soulblight has been a big target for updates and I was half expecting/thinking we might have seen ghouls/zombiedragon/etc.. updated as part of a Flesheaters update, but alas not this round. 

Cities new units look great, they've got that dark fantasy style to them that I really like and it will be neat to see the rest!

Overall with Seraphon and Cities getting big updates its not like AoS is hurting for new content, esp in a year dominated with a 40K new edition. A few armies getting leader models that look like welcome additions (even if I sometimes feel that GW is front-loading armies with too many leader choices - though I respect that they are a neat one-model option that allows them to expand the force cheaper to give new content when the army isn't the current focus of a major update).

I'm also really pleased for Tyranids - new gaunts and the video hints at a huge psy unit addition; a screamer killer; possibly new biovores (plastic at last! Which hopefully comes with pyrovores); possibly new lictor (again plastic!!) and possibly other cool stuff

If the Living City is still in focus, will the Wanderers also survive being squatted? I can definitely see the Phoenix Temple being gone with no Phoenicium logo and since Lumineth are pretty much their proper AoS evolution, but Wanderers don't have Kurnothi yet.

I'm very curious to see what will survive squatting. I'm still coping for actual multiracial units in CoS though.

Edited by Snarff

6 minutes ago, Snarff said:

If the Living City is still in focus, will the Wanderers also survive being squatted? I can definitely see the Phoenix Temple being gone with no Phoenicium logo and since Lumineth are pretty much their proper AoS evolution, but Wanderers don't have Kurnothi yet.

I'm very curious to see what will survive squatting. I'm still coping for actual multiracial units in CoS though.

No

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 8

So what do people think will be in the Vanguard box for Seraphon?

My hope: Astrolith Bearer, Saurus Warriors, Aggradon Riders, Kroxigors

THink this is ambitious, but got my fingers crossed, would prefer new Scar Vet instead of Astrolith, but that just seems completely impossible value wise

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

No

Good to know, thanks! Seems like that rumour from a while ago is accurate then, but with Phoenix Temple also removed.

Spoiler

June

Cities of Sigmar (before 40k 10th edition):

"Azyrite" = new units, not subfaction (calling them this for simplicity/lack of details)

Azyrite Guard (Halberd/Small weapon (mace, sword, axe) options)

Azyrite Gunners ("Musketeers", special option for hand cannon with shield (bigger base like Skitarii))

Azyrite Knights (Regular Knight/Outrider dual kit)

Azyrite Elite (think new Greatswords/Mace, Sword, Hammer options, big armour)

Azyrite Ogors (Chunky armour, big halberd + option for pistol for leader)

Azyrite General (Sculpted base, mix of Elite, Gunner and Guard aesthetics but fancier)

Azyrite Mage (One mini, many options)

Azyrite Priest (Big Fantasy Warrior Priest aesthetic, think that big Dawnbringer picture from core book)

Flagellants (More grimdark, less flamehead/not-carried chains)

Azyrite Artillery (New spin on Helblaster/Helstorm + regular cannon. One duardin crew member)

Azyrite Walker (Vaguely similar to Steam Tank/Gyrocopter. Think 40k Sentinel but more Steampunk + AoS)

Azyrite General on big beast (Centerpiece, option for named hero)

All current human kits cut except for Steam Tank

All Wanderers cut

Duardin/non-human Ironweld fine

Darkling Covens cut back (no basic infantry) + combined with Shadowblades (Shadow Warriors cut)

Privateers/Order Serpentis combined and slightly trimmed (no chariot)

Big Dawnbringer Crusade Path to Glory section in BT

Curious what this means for the rest of CoS. I'm really hoping for some upgrade sprues (unlikely or later down the line) for different cities (and maybe even different races haha). I'm also hoping DBC means that there's more cooperation with other factions. Fyreslayers still don't have any city where they can be actually allied in. Maybe Hallowheart?

• Like 1

I loved everything revealed.

Seraphon, like anything they showed for them before, is simply stunning. I haven't bought much new last 1.5 year or so, but this I simply cannot resist. Looks so much fun to paint.

I love the new Soulbound hero. No, they don't need a new Hero, but I am in this hoby for painting and collecting, so for me personally it doesn't really matter. I get that it may be different for others. I love the kinda "Romanov" style of Vyrkos, and this is a really nice addition.

The OBR Hero is nice, but seems more of the same to me. Not really my style of army anyway.

Underworlds. Also nice, great sculpts once again, like almost everything for Underworlds the past few years. Both are not really my favorite armies though. 

Cities looks very promissing. Looking forward for the next reveals. Given the symbols shared, I expect aelves and dwarfs will be still part of it (not any signs of new models, but at least not squated)

Great day for AOS if you ask me. But apart from the reveals, In general I think we can be positive about the future from what we have seen the past few months. I mean, not so long ago some people had serious doubts if AOS had a future at all. There was a very negative vibe all over the place caused by the, I admit, limited releases for AOS last year. Look where we are now. Seraphon is pretty much a full army range replaced. And I have no doubt Cities will be a big release as well. Warcry seems to be a continues flow of new additions for any army at some point, most of them are amazing sculpts. Same for underworlds. And there is the good news for TK and Brets in ToW, new models for them even.

And to add to all this positivity, it seems that de dual army boxes are no longer in GW strategy (if I am not wrong), they simply release at least a new Hero with any new BT, and whatever you may think about just another Hero most army doesn't really need, at least it is sold seperately. And all that in a year that is actually about a 40k new edition.

Just want to say that if we can learn anything from it, is that no matter how bad things sometimes look, people now disappointed about their armies still doesn't get the update they so much need (BoC, Skaven etc etc.) there is still good reason to hope for better times. I mean, I remember the doom and gloom from the infamous IceGoat about human faction being dead, no hope, they will be squated etc etc. And now see, future for human faction seems brighter than ever.

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Good to know, thanks! Seems like that rumour from a while ago is accurate then, but with Phoenix Temple also removed.

Hide contents

June

Cities of Sigmar (before 40k 10th edition):

"Azyrite" = new units, not subfaction (calling them this for simplicity/lack of details)

Azyrite Guard (Halberd/Small weapon (mace, sword, axe) options)

Azyrite Gunners ("Musketeers", special option for hand cannon with shield (bigger base like Skitarii))

Azyrite Knights (Regular Knight/Outrider dual kit)

Azyrite Elite (think new Greatswords/Mace, Sword, Hammer options, big armour)

Azyrite Ogors (Chunky armour, big halberd + option for pistol for leader)

Azyrite General (Sculpted base, mix of Elite, Gunner and Guard aesthetics but fancier)

Azyrite Mage (One mini, many options)

Azyrite Priest (Big Fantasy Warrior Priest aesthetic, think that big Dawnbringer picture from core book)

Flagellants (More grimdark, less flamehead/not-carried chains)

Azyrite Artillery (New spin on Helblaster/Helstorm + regular cannon. One duardin crew member)

Azyrite Walker (Vaguely similar to Steam Tank/Gyrocopter. Think 40k Sentinel but more Steampunk + AoS)

Azyrite General on big beast (Centerpiece, option for named hero)

All current human kits cut except for Steam Tank

All Wanderers cut

Duardin/non-human Ironweld fine

Darkling Covens cut back (no basic infantry) + combined with Shadowblades (Shadow Warriors cut)

Privateers/Order Serpentis combined and slightly trimmed (no chariot)

Big Dawnbringer Crusade Path to Glory section in BT

Curious what this means for the rest of CoS. I'm really hoping for some upgrade sprues (unlikely or later down the line) for different cities (and maybe even different races haha). I'm also hoping DBC means that there's more cooperation with other factions. Fyreslayers still don't have any city where they can be actually allied in. Maybe Hallowheart?

This fake

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12

12 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

No

Its a shame that wanderers wont make the cut but not a surprise. Here's hoping we see Kurnothi as a replacement soon, there was mention of more releases in winter so fingers crossed. 

The Phoenix is one of my favourite mythological beasties and the flamespyre was a big part of why I started painting again. I’ll be really sad to see it go. 

I can but hope a future lumineth update sees a Phoenix return in some form. (I realise the words lumineth and update will have some people frothing at the mouth but still)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baz said:

Its a shame that wanderers wont make the cut but not a surprise. Here's hoping we see Kurnothi as a replacement soon, there was mention of more releases in winter so fingers crossed. 

Maybe that battletome that will be released the same month as CoS is Sylvaneth with some Kurnothi sprinkled in as a substitute for Wanderers.

44 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Kroxigors are quite big if you look at this shot. Seems like they are almost twice as big as the already upscaled Saurus Warriors

Cheers for the picture mate. At least if not the full body, the heads should certainly fit nicely.

So I'll definitely be doing a unit of Crocodile bois and then use the Drakanoid heads for some Dragon Ogors! Oooof I can't wait.

• Like 1

Just now, YoghurtKobold said:

Maybe that battletome that will be released the same month as CoS is Sylvaneth with some Kurnothi sprinkled in as a substitute for Wanderers.

don't think they will release a sylvaneth battletome again so quickly. Lumineth were an exception. Maybe the other book is a season of war supplement with some rules for Kurnothi as well as the new incarnate?

I'm actually really glad they did two versions of Kroxigor to appease both sides ! I for one wanted the shorter snout ones which look amazing and didn't want the blood bowl croc like appearance . However, the croc head ones look amazing! Proved me wrong!

• LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If these Kroxigors are anything like the Rockgut Troggoths kit u guys are in for a treat. Kroxigor/ Fellwater kitbash could be awesome, seems like they are the same base size at least.

6 minutes ago, Baz said:

don't think they will release a sylvaneth battletome again so quickly. Lumineth were an exception. Maybe the other book is a season of war supplement with some rules for Kurnothi as well as the new incarnate?

Lumineth is the exception because that was the same tome splitted in 2, but DoK got 2 battletomes in 14 months.

14 minutes ago, Azamar said:

I can but hope a future lumineth update sees a Phoenix return in some form. (I realise the words lumineth and update will have some people frothing at the mouth but still)

I can't imagine they'll leave Phoenixes unexplored. I can't wait to see their AoS version! Aqshy incarnate, lumineth zenith temple, (Fyreslayers!?!).

Any faction deserves it and multiple can use the concept for sure.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but those Freeguilders just aren't clicking for me.

I think it's the helmets. They look like everybody was issued two sizes too big and combined with the pudgy faces just make me think of Halflings. I'm also not in love with the paint job, which probably isn't helping. 

Maybe my opinion will improve when they're shown together with the rest of the new releases.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4