The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Oh god... I'm starting to feel nostalgic for 1e AoS...

The joys of Hobbyhood. 😁

I know I still break out the AoS1 rules and sets when the mood strikes me to relive the Realmgate Wars and Seeds of Hope campaign.

There’s even handy pdf’s out there now of Age of Sigmar Skirmish and it’s 2018 White Dwarf expansion(more scenarios plus using Endless Spells as a rampaging obstacle) out there to look at the Warcry prototype.

This army set is not only your first chance to get your hands on 27 brand new miniatures

This seems to be a mistake since unless I can't count its only 21 models in the army set? 

10 Saurus Warriors equipped with either spears or spiked clubs

Also finally confirmation that warriors can still have spears, GW really didn't want to show them to us

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

*must resist temptation to start lizardman army*

I hear that. It's easier for me because I remember the glut of Sylvaneth players locally the moment they got their 3e battletome, and I'm sure something similar will happen here, so I have incentive to stay back and just focus on my existing armies for a while and wait til hype dies down. Plus, two of my armies just got new tomes to try out this weekend!

....that being said, if I don't have a Seraphon army by late 2024, I'll be kind of amazed at my self-restraint.

• Like 1

As expected, we are within the usual timeframe for two-month delay between army set and full release.

Good omen for Cities of Sigmar ! Now that Seraphon set is officially announced, the way is open for COS in the next reveals : bring it on WarFest !

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

And so the stars quaked as a million ethereal and bestial throats of ancient design sung out in a cosmic chorus! 🌌 

Seraphon fans rejoice!

4 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Give in, more people that buy lizards means the more lizards they will make in the future. 

I want Seraphon to be the new aelves of AoS

No worries on my part. I already got Seraphon + Drekki set up on my hobby budget as I want more space-dinos too.

Full support for the Aether sailing bois! 💫 ✈️ 🚀 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

YAAAAS! Will they run out of boxes? I’ve never bought a big box set on release day before so never had to worry about it 😅

I believe that army launch box sets like this are guaranteed through the GW webstore on preorder weekend. So if people buy to many from them they'll make more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

YAAAAS! Will they run out of boxes? I’ve never bought a big box set on release day before so never had to worry about it 😅

Generally no? For the Astra Militarum, Leagues of Votann and Prisoners with Jobs to Darkness releases as a retailer we had no problem requesting and getting what we wanted. 

I'm hoping the same for Seraphon as I want a couple of boxes but we'll coming up in a week or so. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

The last few Army Boxes they've not run out of stock on Day 1, so you should be fine? But iirc the Votann and StD ones did sell out from the bigger retailers within a few days, but you probably don't have to be sat F5'ing at 9:55 on Saturday morning or anything.

6 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I believe that army launch box sets like this are guaranteed through the GW webstore on preorder weekend. So if people buy to many from them they'll make more.

They've not done the pre-order promise for a while now. I think the last box they did it for was Kill Team Chalnath about a year ago?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Give in, more people that buy lizards means the more lizards they will make in the future. 

I want Seraphon to be the new aelves of AoS

But I just gave in to buying more vampires in the hope that it will mean even more vampire models and perhaps werewolves! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

They didn't run out of Chaos army sets that quickly, but there's no real guarantees with this as it depends on how many they made. 

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The last few Army Boxes they've not run out of stock on Day 1, so you should be fine? But iirc the Votann and StD ones did sell out from the bigger retailers within a few days, but you probably don't have to be sat F5'ing at 9:55 on Saturday morning or anything.

They've not done the pre-order promise for a while now. I think the last box they did it for was Kill Team Chalnath about a year ago?

As I understand it the pre-order promise is in permanent effect for the army bundles like this but only through the GW webstore. So it's possible the big retailers will sell out of discounted copies quickly but the actual GW webstore should have them available all weekend at the very least. I can't at least think of any of the boxes like this that sold out on the GW store in the last year.

Edit: it looks like it's not in permanent effect as of January 2022, when they said they might look at withdrawing it in their quarterly earnings report but I've not seen any go out of stock at the GW webstore in the last year during that weekend still.

Edited by EonChao