The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

The hammer and bolter story stars Callis and Toll of city of secrets and Silver Shard fame.  That’s pretty exciting.

Hopefully this means a new novel is coming for them!! Silver Shard is one of the best AOS books.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I've got my fingers crossed that Titanicus will recieve some new stuff that can also be used in Epic, and isn't just absorbed into it

Sadly the Campaign Compendium sure feels like a twilight release. 

Long-term I don't think it's impossible it'll see new releases, but probably through the lens of selling them primarily for Epic and getting Titanicus rules as a bonus.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Sadly the Campaign Compendium sure feels like a twilight release. 

Long-term I don't think it's impossible it'll see new releases, but probably through the lens of selling them primarily for Epic and getting Titanicus rules as a bonus.

Yeah it is quite possible, but I hope not. Titanicus is a great game system that I think people sleep on (plus it has a great starter set that makes it fairly accessible), imo it deserves a lot more love and support!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

I still can’t believe they couldn’t manage 6 unique bodies for the Warcry Stormcast. 

I still really find the SCE to be a missed opportunity. Wish they could have pushed further into the gothic, baroque, elegant style, similar to some of the John Blanche concept art. I'm really not a fan of that new band. The FEC look so good, so that's cool! Ghouls riding ghouls, when?!?!?! to mimic their knight virtues....for the lady! 

Hopefully, with CoS coming, the SCE can be put on the back burner as the main protagonist. 

82054759533d5c8e57cce7ac9702c091.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Horus Heresy kits! at last! The release implies that next week is the HH Campaign and the Seraphon are very, very soon then.

Hide contents

Necromunda
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders, Astrolith, Salamander and much more
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry
Mistery book Winter
Generals Handbook 2023 S1
Dawnbringer: Harbringers
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
Harbringer of Order - Fireslayers box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Chaos - Nurgle box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Destruction - Gloomspite box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Death - Flesh Eaters box + Harbringer
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Nightmare's Quest - FeC vs SCE
Pyramid kit
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE
4 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Death Note's Warband
Rival Deck 1
Chaos Warband
Starter Set
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Despoilers upgrade kit
Daemon Assassin
The F* Vindicator
Campaign book
Legion Arquitor with Spicula, Mortar or cannon
Glaive with Volkite carronade
Fellblade with Accelerator Cannon
Falchion with Volcano Cannon
Mastodon
Javelin
Damocles Command Rhino

Tank commanders
Librarian Consul
Plastic Lancer
Horus Hero
Fist Hero
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought

Warhammer 40k
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum Minska
NEW EDITION
Leviathan Army Box
Crusade - Tyrannic War
Chapter Approved (Mission Deck)
Index Cards
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Ashes of Fate with tons of plastic

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Adeptus Titanicus

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl

Epic HH

Ashes of Fate you say?! Oh, my Tzeentch sense in tingling! 🤗

3 hours ago, Still-young said:

I still can’t believe they couldn’t manage 6 unique bodies for the Warcry Stormcast. 

I feel the swappable bodies was an upper management move to cut some development costs with how stretched things have been. The Relictor especially looks like his skull head was made for a chunkier upper body like in the cover art so it could peek over the bulky top instead of look like Grim Fandango’s elongated skull.

Regardless, I’m 100% buying that Warcry set. It has everything I want to play with and support:

FEC getting love and exploring new design avenues(ghouls pressed to the limit from being locked away in a bone pit and morphing into baboon-hounds. You can do all kinds of things with that like moat ghoul monster fish or tower bird bird/bat hybrids from their madness adapting their body to a new situation belief)

More Gnarlwoods and Realmshaper goodness.

And GW getting creative with the Stormcast Eternals masks again with new Mortis skulls & Vanguard beast-masks. 

I definitely want to send a message through $$$ that Stormcast should always have great face-helm alternatives for every model(like Yndrasta)

Like this guy’s post today of giving the Truthseekers appropriate masks that builds on their heroic themes as a secret searcher and the burly strongman giving out Athena and Zeus vibes.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

really hope this is Epic. I've always thought 40k works far better on a smaller scale.

If its Epic, which it most likely is, it will be Epic 30k. Maybe expanded into 40k if it sells well enough but don't expect it for a few years at least

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If its Epic, which it most likely is, it will be Epic 30k. Maybe expanded into 40k if it sells well enough but don't expect it for a few years at least

That's fine. I was mostly just using 40k as a short hand for GW's SciFi settings. My feelings about this extend to both, and it might be cool to have a scale of battle where Primarchs are actually sensible.

3 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Which I feel will be a handicap for it. Can guess it will be just a Space Marine fest (if we are lucky plus guard), which I think will put people off who are new to the system. Might just be salty about it as I had hoped Epic introducing other races than human would be a way for Titanicus to piggyback into expanding its range though!

39 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Which I feel will be a handicap for it. Can guess it will be just a Space Marine fest (if we are lucky plus guard), which I think will put people off who are new to the system. Might just be salty about it as I had hoped Epic introducing other races than human would be a way for Titanicus to piggyback into expanding its range though!

If you look at the symbols in the teaser you of course got Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus as the HH poster boys, Adeptus Titanicus as that would obviously be usable in epic but you also have two units with what looks like an Imperial Aquila to me on the IF side. That makes me think those could maybe be Custodes? Don't really know that much about HH lore so no idea if anyone else used it as their symbol during that time. But should at least be some faction other than the SM legions

Edited by Matrindur

56 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If you look at the symbols in the teaser you of course got Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus as the HH poster boys, Adeptus Titanicus as that would obviously be usable in epic but you also have two units with what looks like an Imperial Aquila to me on the IF side. That makes me think those could maybe be Custodes? Don't really know that much about HH lore so no idea if anyone else used it as their symbol during that time. But should at least be some faction other than the SM legions

They're probably Imperial Army (the precursor to the Guard/Navy). Since the Aeronautica aircraft for the Imperial Navy are the same ones used during the Heresy, I wouldn't be surprised if you can use their aircraft straight away even if their ground forces don't have a release at the start. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTde0KxE1v0LByJH4yc3ij

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Space Marines are so popular that I doubt being set in the Heresy will do it much harm. At least it's fluffy for every other battle to be Marine vs Marine, unlike 40k where it happens most games but without there being much lore justification for it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I really hope they do something with them at some point. But I fear they migth stay just a background element from Beastgrave.

I wonder if perhaps Underworlds or Warcry might eventually start to branch out more with warbands for races or peoples that are not planned for an army release. Such as the Arboleth or Silent people (assuming there are no current plans for them to get an army in AoS). THis would flesh out the setting a bit as well as just being something fun and different - especially given at some point most armies will have several warbands (particularly in Underworlds) so maybe a new direction willl be desired. Edit - Plus it will give GW some pointers on potential areas to expand into for new armies in the future, for example if the Silent People are popular as a warband they could infer the army would sell well.

I guess it could be argued that the Kurnothi Underworlds band already did this though from what I understand they are going to get models eventually (though maybe at the time of the warbands release this was up in the air).

Edited by Goatforce
  • Like 4

True. He even lacks the usual Blood Bowl bits - converting him into a Doombull is gonna be super easy and more cost effective than buying the current finecast (!) model. Just grab a big chaotsy axe and slam in into the base, and you have a great looking angry moooh with very little effort put into actually converting. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1