The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Thought: Could this picture on the front page be a teaser for the Seraphon vanguard box?

Post image

Definitely wouldn't complain, though the Scar Vet would be an odd one in this box as his entire thing is synergy with Aggradons. Plus as others have said 2 heros would be unusual. Replace the Vet with a Salamander and that would be amazing though.

I do wonder whether the box will be all new kits though, and the StD one kinda has me nervous that it will be kinda meh though. Maybe just salty after that massive disappointment of a box though 😅

Ok 4th ed play test rumours are plausible. The rules will be done by now and I imagine it’s heading off to the printers in a few months time if it’s hitting next June and we know china printing and shipping is about 6 months currently.

Id be down with a joint hero phase to be honest - im assuming it’s something like this ?

Battleround change is 
Priority 
Player 1 hero phase
Player 2 hero phase 
Player 1 movement 
Player 1 charge
Player 1 combat 
Player 2 movement 
Player 2 charge 
Player 2 combat 
Battleshock

having said all of that. I think aos3 is in a good place and I wish fervently that we could just keep it for a 4 year cycle rather than 3 years 

I also don’t think we need an index reset in aos as the 3rd ed warscrolls are the best designer yet 

• Like 3

Read the rules which are interesting but there is one thing in particular that seems strange to me. The ranges of all the weapons are changing which would certainly necessitate changing all the books. The obvious reason for this is to copy the 40k melee style. With fighting within in half an inch or within half an inch of a model in range. Instead though we see that fighting in ranks is just a battalion again. Almost anyone I talked to about the game or seen talk about the game wants fighting in two ranks to be a core rule as it is in 40k. 

For me this weirdness throws everything else into question. 

3 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok 4th ed play test rumours are plausible. The rules will be done by now and I imagine it’s heading off to the printers in a few months time if it’s hitting next June and we know china printing and shipping is about 6 months currently.

Id be down with a joint hero phase to be honest - im assuming it’s something like this ?

Battleround change is 
Priority 
Player 1 hero phase
Player 2 hero phase 
Player 1 movement 
Player 1 charge
Player 1 combat 
Player 2 movement 
Player 2 charge 
Player 2 combat 
Battleshock

having said all of that. I think aos3 is in a good place and I wish fervently that we could just keep it for a 4 year cycle rather than 3 years 

I also don’t think we need an index reset in aos as the 3rd ed warscrolls are the best designer yet 

I believe GW now does all it's printing in house in the UK, I may be wrong however. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Thought: Could this picture on the front page be a teaser for the Seraphon vanguard box?

Post image

Would make it the best value Vanguard by about 10€ in front of KO but could still see it happen since the kits are pretty expensive anyway

8 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Some of those leaked rules seem a bit incongruous. (If it was from a playtester, GW probably know which play tester has leaked it). Even if it is legit, unlikely this will be the finished version of the new edition. Pinch of salt recommended.

Saw on Twitter that these are fake and are a wishlist for changed made by a podcaster. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Baz said:

Saw on Twitter that these are fake and are a wishlist for changed made by a podcaster. 

As soon as I saw they were from 4chan, my sodium intake skyrocketed. People will post BS on that site just to get a rise out of easily-hyped warhammer players, then brag about how 'viral' their fake 'leaks' were. 

It's likely that we will get 4th edition next year, but there's a lot to come between now and then. We still don't even have a solid idea of what's happening with the Cities of Sigmar, let alone the Flesh Eater Courts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Same with me. Have me wondering if that's some kind of bug or if it means something else... Like something orky... 

Extreme hopium warning: Kruleboyz have a tiny range and are going to be in the new AoS game alongside a huge Stormcast side. Perhaps GW will release a second wave of Kruleboyz plus a new Warclans book before the game is fully released.

Alternatively it's a mistake on GW's part...

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Post image

The more I look at it, the more I'm thinking it's plausible despite the two characters thing.

It would definitely minimize realistic savings (given how overpriced the scar vet is), and it would demotivate players from picking up multiples of the same box. 

I'm hoping howver the box is closer to something other posters here have mentioned, i.e. with a salamander instead of the scarvet. In that case, I'd get two in a heartbeat.

13 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Tell Skaven that :c

Edited by Ivo

23 hours ago, Talas said:

There are some rumors from 4chan doing the rounds on Discord, seems like a wishlist, but hey, rumors!

kUkhfdP.png

4VkCQqi.png

prgf8pG.png

LmFNGRs.png

Someone is not afraid to break his NDA and put the whole playtesting program in danger by leaking stuff on 4chan... Or at least that's what it looks like on surface.

Feels like good changes, and some things make sense, like the GHB rules being testing grounds for 4th ed/streamlining/end of mortal wound pandemic, but it's still weird. 4chan rumours are always really sketchy. 4th ed playtesting probably exists at this moment, but I feel like if GW catches wind of a playtester leaking things, they're going to move heaven and earth to find the guy and boot him out of the program. It's a really dangerous thing to do. I don't really know what to do of this rumour... But as we've seen above, /tg/ is not a place where you get quality rumours. Remember the leak that OBR were getting a liege on a monster ? From /tg/ too, and we're still waiting for it to drop.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That at least had actual images, but I mean more the "trust me bro what I'm writing is a real leak" posts. 

I think I remember someone randomly leaking the Vamptaur there years back. Mostly though I've never seen a real leak posted there that wasn't sourced from somewhere else.

The leaks just seem to be wishlisting and educated guesses. 

Seems obvious that the rules from the past GHB will become normal rules (with tweaks), that there will be new heroic actions and command abilities. 

If someone has broke their NDA, I hope they are caught and booted off the program, don't something like that for anonymous flex on the Internet just seems so weird. 

Guess time will tell or a reaction from Whitefang lol. 

I miss Whitefang, its been a while since we had a good rumour.

The thing i want to know most of all is if we are getting another army or complete rework of an older army at the end of this edition or not. Mostly because we already got seraphon and CoS is up next and those are some huge releases already.

We know something Kurnoth is brewing somewhere and some mentions of Chorfs and Malerion have been thrown around. Its just hard to tell nowadays if a runour is AoS, Underworlds or Warcry (or old world).

I did notice that some of the models rumoured to leave CoS are included in the old world. Could the Aelves be returning to Sylvaneth within a Kurnoth subfaction?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I believe GW now does all it's printing in house in the UK, I may be wrong however. 

It's not in house but it has moved to the UK now from what I remember (to avoid shipping issues like we had in recent years).

3 hours ago, KingKull said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm thinking it's plausible despite the two characters thing.

It would definitely minimize realistic savings (given how overpriced the scar vet is), and it would demotivate players from picking up multiples of the same box. 

I'm hoping howver the box is closer to something other posters here have mentioned, i.e. with a salamander instead of the scarvet. In that case, I'd get two in a heartbeat.

The problem is that the box at the moment is about £20 better in value than most other Vanguard boxes.

• Like 1