The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

When did Thundrik’s Profiteers disappear from the GW webstore? 

I'm not sure, they were one of the few older warbands that didn't get rotated out in may 2022. If you happen to be in the UK (or are willing to pay P&P from the UK), they'll be available as part of the Stormbringer magazine release at some point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I'm not sure, they were one of the few older warbands that didn't get rotated out in may 2022. If you happen to be in the UK (or are willing to pay P&P from the UK), they'll be available as part of the Stormbringer magazine release at some point.

Oh my, Ylthari’s Guardians are also gone. I think they too survived the 2022 purge. It's weird, at least in 2022 GW gave us warning of last chance to buy the warbands they removed in 2022.

But like the Profiteers it looks like the Guardians be briefly available again through Stormbringer. As will the Branchwych, which is overwise unavailable outside the vanguard. (Unlike the Branchwraith, which is still available despite no longer having rules)

All this makes me concerned that a whole bunch of current Cities stuff is going to disappear without warning 😟

• Sad 1

Seems GW did a good job, just checked their website and Leviathan is still available. 

Doesn't bode well for the joker selling one on ebay for £700 😂😂😂

Edit: and seems hobby workshop has put a few more on their site if anyone wants one a bit cheaper 

https://www.hobbyworkshop.co.uk/leviathan-40k-box-set-pre-order.html

Edited by Ogregut
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

41 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Oh my, Ylthari’s Guardians are also gone. I think they too survived the 2022 purge. It's weird, at least in 2022 GW gave us warning of last chance to buy the warbands they removed in 2022.

But like the Profiteers it looks like the Guardians be briefly available again through Stormbringer. As will the Branchwych, which is overwise unavailable outside the vanguard. (Unlike the Branchwraith, which is still available despite no longer having rules)

All this makes me concerned that a whole bunch of current Cities stuff is going to disappear without warning 😟

For those still after those warbands according to the Stormbringer contents leak which is starting to prove accurate then the Underworlds Warbands will be in the following issues:

10: Xandire's Truthseekers

18: Da Kunnin' Krew

28: Zarbag's Gitz

37: Ylthari’s Guardians

42: Mollog’s Mob

56: Thundrik’s Profiteers

70: Ironskull’s Boyz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, a lot of those Warbands have been rotated out. Sometimes they also disappear from the Underworlds part of the webstore but still exist under the AoS part of the webstore. It's a bit weird.

I do hope we get Harbingers this next week. I'd hate for them to have nothing going on this coming week since Leviathan is already sold out and we know the only thing the following week will be the full release of Leviathan

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

Yeah, a lot of those Warbands have been rotated out. Sometimes they also disappear from the Underworlds part of the webstore but still exist under the AoS part of the webstore. It's a bit weird.

I do hope we get Harbingers this next week. I'd hate for them to have nothing going on this coming week since Leviathan is already sold out and we know the only thing the following week will be the full release of Leviathan

Leviathan hasn't sold out yet as I write this 

I think this week will be a filler week as whatever is announced tonight will be released the same day as Leviathan and every gaming warehouse is going to be busy getting that packed and shipped out. 

I can see Harbingers being announced next week to go on pre release the 24th.

Ill love to be wrong mind you, can't wait to get my hands on that book! 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

The second week of new edition preorders is usually a filler week. Indomitus had nothing go up for preorder (although obviously that was the height of the pandemic), Dominion had Blood Bowl made to order and a Forge World Necromunda kit, and Age of Darkness just had JoyToy Space Marines

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The cardless newer warbands are ridiculously priced. €32,50 for three to four models (for most of them), what the hell?

Should have gotten Ylthari's before, they look neat.

Yeah, they used to reduce the price a fair amount (£25ish down to £16) but the newer ones seen to barely go down at all. I'm guessing they've realized a significant proportion of sales were not actually for Underworlds players and people were willing to pay the higher price just for the minis.

If you're in the EU you could pick up Ylthari's from Forbidden Planet when that issue guess up for preorder. You'll need to pay whatever P&P they charge for overseas delivery, but the magazine itself only costs £9 so you should still get them a fair bit cheaper than they were fur sale in GW's website.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EonChao said:

The second week of new edition preorders is usually a filler week. Indomitus had nothing go up for preorder (although obviously that was the height of the pandemic), Dominion had Blood Bowl made to order and a Forge World Necromunda kit, and Age of Darkness just had JoyToy Space Marines

Perhaps Harbingers counts as for from GW's POV? I didn't there's that much overlap between Leviathan customers and Harbingers customers. But I suppose I should expect it to be later ☹️

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Perhaps Harbingers counts as for from GW's POV? I didn't there's that much overlap between Leviathan customers and Harbingers customers. But I suppose I should expect it to be later ☹️

I don't think it's a matter of overlap if customers but mire a logistical thing. I know if I ran a gaming store and had to pack and send hundreds (in some cases thousands) of boxes of Leviathan, I would want few other new releases. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I don't think it's a matter of overlap if customers but mire a logistical thing. I know if I ran a gaming store and had to pack and send hundreds (in some cases thousands) of boxes of Leviathan, I would want few other new releases. 

Oh good point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

Yeah, they used to reduce the price a fair amount (£25ish down to £16) but the newer ones seen to barely go down at all. I'm guessing they've realized a significant proportion of sales were not actually for Underworlds players and people were willing to pay the higher price just for the minis.

If you're in the EU you could pick up Ylthari's from Forbidden Planet when that issue guess up for preorder. You'll need to pay whatever P&P they charge for overseas delivery, but the magazine itself only costs £9 so you should still get them a fair bit cheaper than they were fur sale in GW's website.

Thanks I will do that. Especially Mollog's Mob and Ylthari.

Newer teams barely drop in price, and then also are not available discounted so it's effectively a markup.

Edited by zilberfrid

On 6/9/2023 at 4:50 PM, CommissarRotke said:

further slight rumor--apparently the KC Open did a Q&A?? the speaker alluded to “You’ll get something you guys have wanted for a long time, something I played when I first started playing Fantasy.” which OP has taken as meaning new Dark Elves.

bittersweetly, we have more from this Q&A than Warhammerfest unless I missed something...

Malerion finally coming????

(I wish it'd be chorfs...)

Big think.

Book one is called Harbingers, could that mean that each of the four characters are a prelude to a new special individual entering the setting?

The short story name drops Ushoran, so if next week's story has a reference to a special someone, then perhaps some credence could be given to this theory.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Big think.

Book one is called Harbingers, could that mean that each of the four characters are a prelude to a new special individual entering the setting?

The short story name drops Ushoran, so if next week's story has a reference to a special someone, then perhaps some credence could be given to this theory.

I would love for a Ushoran model and FEC are in dire needs of a refresh.

But Harbingers also could be used to describe an action or event.  (Harbingers of War/Harbingers of 4th Edition).  No idea what there title can mean but excited to find out! 

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/11/sunday-preview-things-to-do-while-waiting-for-warhammer-40000-leviathan/

In Warhammer Age of Sigmar, we’ll also be taking a close look at the next season of competitive play, alongside an assortment of the usual goodies – including more new miniatures! 

Slightly confusing phrasing, I hope those new miniature reveals refer to AoS

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I'm interpreting the "usual goodies - including more new miniatures!" as still being under the "In Warhammer Age of Sigmar" umbrella.

If I'm right it can only be a Dawnbringer Preview.
Otherwise, I'm dreading a Necromunday/Blood Bowl mini :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I'm interpreting the "usual goodies - including more new miniatures!" as still being under the "In Warhammer Age of Sigmar" umbrella.

If I'm right it can only be a Dawnbringer Preview.
Otherwise, I'm dreading a Necromunday/Blood Bowl mini :(

Blood Bowl is impossible because all the profiles have a mini right now.

• Thanks 1