The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Did they give up on these kind of boxes? Havent seen them in a while

40k had one a few months ago that was Dark Angels vs Chaos Marines with two new models, and AoS had a Tzeentch v LRL not too long ago. They seem like good releases whenever two armies need a new codex or a single new model, and the upcoming AoS battle tomes will likely have army boxes instead if they're range refreshes. 

Alternatively, the Regiments of Renown boxes could be an attempt to phase them out, since Regiments are better for people who only want a single army. I'm not sure how many people in practice were getting the two army boxes to build two new armies or splitting it with a friend vs people who just wanted the new shiny box

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Did they give up on these kind of boxes? Havent seen them in a while (or my memory fails me).

Those normally happened when their respective battletomes released and since we don't have enough battletomes left for a double release (Since Cities get a army set instead) we shouldn't get anymore during AoS3.0. 40k did get another one after that for their end of edition campaign but that was pretty unusual. What we are getting instead now is the solo faction boxes like the four for the Dawnbringers campaign and like 40k got their Boarding patrol boxes. After AoS 4.0 starts and we will be back into the battletome grind, these will probably be back.

Was the same for AoS2.0 where we got a few during the Battletome releases and got solo faction broken realms sets an the end of the edition

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nazarjo said:

40k had one a few months ago that was Dark Angels vs Chaos Marines with two new models, and AoS had a Tzeentch v LRL not too long ago. They seem like good releases whenever two armies need a new codex or a single new model, and the upcoming AoS battle tomes will likely have army boxes instead if they're range refreshes. 

Alternatively, the Regiments of Renown boxes could be an attempt to phase them out, since Regiments are better for people who only want a single army. I'm not sure how many people in practice were getting the two army boxes to build two new armies or splitting it with a friend vs people who just wanted the new shiny box

Makes sense. I was asking because these boxes let me buy halves on the 2nd hand market for a big discount. Keeps things affordable. These regiments or dawnbringer boxes are fine but u really need to want everything in the box to be worth it.

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Did they give up on these kind of boxes? Havent seen them in a while (or my memory fails me).

image.png.294648f22b013944a9448f4dbf2f4638.png

My guess is they weren't selling particularly well. One of my go to online stores is still selling the Lumineth vs. Tzeentch one, with an additional discount, today.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Makes sense. I was asking because these boxes let me buy halves on the 2nd hand market for a big discount. Keeps things affordable. These regiments or dawnbringer boxes are fine but u really need to want everything in the box to be worth it.

It's good times for Tyrannid buying on eBay right now!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warcry Starter Set reveal, which I'm sure comes as a huge shock. The terrain is new at least, I think?

It does mean when we next get a Warcry Preview, it'll be new stuff.

aZXmmtEJ1ZrPmYmU.jpg

Why didn't they show this at the preview? It's a pretty good starter set, and it surely would have got much more attention if it was part of the big preview rather than dropping on a random Tuesday. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warcry Starter Set reveal, which I'm sure comes as a huge shock. The terrain is new at least, I think?

It does mean when we next get a Warcry Preview, it'll be new stuff.

aZXmmtEJ1ZrPmYmU.jpg

I am excited for this set, I hope it is at a slightly more entry level cost than the other sets but the terrain is great and I am up for adding some heroes to my Stromcast and giving my friend some vampires and terrain. He did get us Leviathan to split and this might be a fun surprise in return.

Edited by Neverchosen

7 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Soo... we're now getting Underworlds warbands repackaged as Warcry ones?

Yeah, they are stretching the "Two new warbands" to breaking point on the roadmaps. (Although I will likely pick it up as I have wanted those Vamps for ages and I'm always happy to pick up some more SC bois. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

It makes sense, when you have excellent small warbands on a couple of sprues why not use them where ever you can. 

If I didn't have both warbands, I would buy this boxset. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Already did, they made a Barnes & Noble (or Target? Some non-GW retailer) Warcry starter kit with the Chaos Warrior and Darkoath WHU warbands. This is just an expansion of the same concept.