The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't know if we're going to get a single monster as a warband, because single model monsters aren't warbands per se, but fall under the category of "Warcry monster" like for example the Sphyranx. And I don't remember Warcry monsters getting teased on the roadmap. But I'd love to see a warband of a few monstruous fighters. Like a trio of trolls or ogors, with little critters going around. It'll feel very new.

It may not fit the other destruction factions other than Kruleboyz and Gitz, but this is something I really hope they give us now that they moved way from duel boxes. A standalone troll + some other kind of woods monsters would be really cool and give a nice variety for those armys. Kruleboyz in particular have a whole monster subfaction that would really like to get something like a formoroid or a sphirax!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

The old troll models in this picture confirm that this game is going to use all older models again. Love seeing the doomdiver again, all time favorite for me.

Edit: Could we be seeing new Fellwater Troggoths and the old ones leaving for TOW?

EXCELLENT IDEA WITH THE TROGGS!! YES!!

44 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Maybe (s)he's an half-elf... After all why should D&D and Tolkien have the monopol on elf/human race mixing ?

I don't know if we're going to get a single monster as a warband, because single model monsters aren't warbands per se, but fall under the category of "Warcry monster" like for example the Sphyranx. And I don't remember Warcry monsters getting teased on the roadmap. But I'd love to see a warband of a few monstruous fighters. Like a trio of trolls or ogors, with little critters going around. It'll feel very new.

Btw, half the autumn warbands have been revealed :

• Monsta Killaz
  • Wildercorps Hunters
  • Mystery Order band
  • Mystery Destruction band

What are the last unseen warbands ? Place your bets here !

Ogors HAVE to get a Warband right?! Right? Right...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Maybe (s)he's an half-elf... After all why should D&D and Tolkien have the monopol on elf/human race mixing ?

Btw, half the autumn warbands have been revealed :

• Monsta Killaz
  • Wildercorps Hunters
  • Mystery Order band
  • Mystery Destruction band

What are the last unseen warbands ? Place your bets here !

My bets:

Mystery Order band = Another CoS one, but this one with mages from different Realms.
Mystery Destruction band = Ogor Maneaters. Their style fits a lot in a small warband.

• Like 2

The warcry mini-monsters are some of the best sculpts in the range, nice size for a 'big unit' in a skirmish game (where things like the AoS sized monsters I feel be just too big for the recommend board a lot of the time), and just the right sort of detail for some of the tricker painting techniques, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of them really.  I guess there was the four armed centaur marshall, but I certainly wouldn't say no to another triple release of interesting monster designs (ideally for non-chaos warbands!) which are free to explore design spaces that don't get hit by the main AoS factions.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

31 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The warcry mini-monsters are some of the best sculpts in the range, nice size for a 'big unit' in a skirmish game (where things like the AoS sized monsters I feel be just too big for the recommend board a lot of the time), and just the right sort of detail for some of the tricker painting techniques, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of them really.  I guess there was the four armed centaur marshall, but I certainly wouldn't say no to another triple release of interesting monster designs (ideally for non-chaos warbands!) which are free to explore design spaces that don't get hit by the main AoS factions.

A Forest Troggoth that can also ally with Warclans and Gloomspite would be epic. Make him a monster.

dd8b0qz-46dca6cb-d611-4dee-a039-e7959bddecde.jpg

forest_troll_by_gordomuro_d7rg3oj-fullview.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

The old troll models in this picture confirm that this game is going to use all older models again. Love seeing the doomdiver again, all time favorite for me.

Edit: Could we be seeing new Fellwater Troggoths and the old ones leaving for TOW?

Why would we need new fellwaters when old world can recycle these beauties!
c7c94095-ef05-447b-8dfc-e0007e10b667.jpg?w=540&h=360

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Wonderful models ! Fitting both "city" and "dark woods" themes. I was debating either getting some Freeguild Steelhelm or the WHU Witch Hunters for Warcry ; this is the perfect blend (with added boschian creatures, very nice). 

Also, article hinting at either big (Ogor/Demi-Mancrusher ?!) or monstrous thingies for the next team...

Honestly I wasn't sharing the enthusiasm of many on here about getting so much more units for CoS after last reveal, but now I can really see 1. Artillery (confirmed), 2. Elite infantry (hopefully not looking like SCE) and 3. another character (Priest of some sorts)...

HYPE

What makes me really intrigued, is basically the fact that units like the empire hunters or bugman rangers could really fit well as one of those units

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A Forest Troggoth that can also ally with Warclans and Gloomspite would be epic. Make him a monster.

dd8b0qz-46dca6cb-d611-4dee-a039-e7959bddecde.jpg

forest_troll_by_gordomuro_d7rg3oj-fullview.jpg

Yeah for all the warbands it gets the Gnarlwood surprinsingly gets less monsters than the Eightpoints, despite being, you know, in the literal Realm of Beasts.

I'd be cool to see the monsters that roam the place. We have had lots of terrain and bands, but monsters feel a bit underepresented.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah for all the warbands it gets the Gnarlwood surprinsingly gets less monsters than the Eightpoints, despite being, you know, in the literal Realm of Beasts.

I'd be cool to see the monsters that roam the place. We have had lots of terrain and bands, but monsters feel a bit underepresented.

I thought this would a given In this addition. A bestial Warcry box similar to the furies/raptorex and 'beastmasters' box similar to the malign sorcery endless spells, complete with  beasts based on the different realms. We then got the incarnate which I thought would be First of several but .....

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, CDM said:

I thought this would a given In this addition. A bestial Warcry box similar to the furies/raptorex and 'beastmasters' box similar to the malign sorcery endless spells, complete with  beasts based on the different realms. We then got the incarnate which I thought would be First of several but .....

Yeah I think some more universal use minis, or at least some pan-Grand Alliance ones, via Warcry or mainline AoS, would be cool.

22 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

14 minutes ago, CDM said:

It was my real major reason I was hyped for this season. Just seems such a miss. We still have what like 6 Warbands to go? Maybe theres time!!

28 minutes ago, CDM said:

I thought the Sons of Behemat and the regiment of Renown boxes would lead us right to something like this! 

A box of monsters/creatures that can ally into certain armies/alliances would have been amazing for ghur.  

The incarnate was the first step, but I don’t know what happened after that….

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MacWarhammer said:

Do you guys think they’ll also bring back old terrain kits for TOW? I liked the empire building kits much better than any of the AOS terrain. I’m looking for years now to get a reasonably priced manor kit with no luck. Or the chapel or the watchtower…

Have you tried Etsy?

• Like 2

So what do you guys expect from the new TOW army lines?

As I main Bretonnia I'll share my thoughts:

Returning models:

- Men'at'Arms (plastic);

- Bowmen (plastic);

- Knights Errant / Knights of the Realm (plastic);

- Battle Pilgrims (resin or metal);

- Reliquary (resin or metal);

- Mounted Yeomen (resin or metal);

- Trebuchet (resin or metal);

Updated models for the initial wave of TOW:

- Paladin Battle Standard Bearer (resin);

- Paladin on Foot (resin);

- Damsel on Foot (resin);

- Damsel on Warhorse (resin);

- The Fey Enchantress (resin) (possibly dual box with Mounted Damsel);

- The Green Knight (resin);

- Louen the Orcslayer (plastic or resin);

- Questing Knights / Grail Knights (plastic) (dual box);

- Knights on Foot (plastic) (hinted);

Hope to be getting even more than this, but I think these models would/should get an update in order to bring Bretonnia to the 8ed WHFB model quality standard that GW are obviously aiming for.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

EXCELLENT IDEA WITH THE TROGGS!! YES!!

Ogors HAVE to get a Warband right?! Right? Right...

Given the Chaos Dwarf warband and turned out to be some guys that dressed up as chaos dwarfs, will the ogre warband also turn out to be some guys that have dressed themselves up as ogres?

• Haha 5

On 7/23/2023 at 9:30 PM, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I'd like to see an AoS take on classic Dawis, a bit how the Votann are a modern take on classic Squats. I'm a human enjoyer, but I do love my short kings. However, if classic dwarfs are to be redone, I hope it's after FS and KO get something to push their range beyond what they are now. And I'm talking about real units and beefy kits, not another foot hero. After KO and FS get the fleshing out and range expansion they deserve, and after Chaos Dwarfs make their return in AoS, will I be happy with another dwarf faction that's more classic in appearance.

In the meanwhile, the remaining Dwarfs from WFB can hang out in CoS. They are fairly good kits that hold up very well today (I had a blast assembling my gyrocopter) and they blend in super well with both SCE and the new freeguild humans. I have 0 problems with them remaining long term. 

I would love for a unit of dwarves or two to expand on the cities book next time around. Same goes for elves. Both of those could be closer to classical fantasy - but with a cities twist.

• Like 1