The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Vanguard : Koatl's Claw looks great ! 

Jokes aside, i think it's a great box for begginers, Saurus are ubiquitously good, Kroxis are... ok but who cares about competitiveness when you start, and there's a big dinosaur in there for the wow factor. Everyone loves big dinosaurs. For the people who got the launch box + this, you got a nice 1k Seraphon army basis to expand into 2k territory. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 3

in fact i think the vanguard box is reaaally bad.

moneywise is among worst one, only idoneth one is worst i think.

and modelwise too. having an old kit that has been on the start collecting for last 6-7 years isnt very exciting.

i was sure box would be saurus+agradons+kroxis+ small hero like astrolyth. making it so much better in every aspect.

well.... still have hope for a decent battleforce in cristhmas xD

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Hollow said:

GW entering into good faith NDA agreements

Companies don't enter good faith agreements with anyone smaller than them. If there is ANY way for them to benefit from breaking that agreement or bullying that content creator they will.

Having just watched the "Subway" episode of community I think you've fallen for the "corpohumanization" of James Workshop and in the interest of this being a "rumors thread" I'm going to continue cheering on every leak.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Companies don't enter good faith agreements with anyone smaller than them. If there is ANY way for them to benefit from breaking that agreement or bullying that content creator they will.

Having just watched the "Subway" episode of community I think you've fallen for the "corpohumanization" of James Workshop and in the interest of this being a "rumors thread" I'm going to continue cheering on every leak.

Well at least they don’t send pinkertons to people house when they leak stuff (looking at WoTC)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Getting back to the potential release month for COS army set, we're starting to accumulate collectibles coins that haven't been released yet, and I think that gives us another indication of a september release :

Spoiler

2A83F8D9-FB09-4307-B582-EC57C84A6DE3.thumb.jpeg.112d08a83cccdb9345c94d6ab1b5be1b.jpeg

IMG_5396.jpeg.abfc594b6bb638d70a4bca35e1e27c01.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

Cross-checking all the rumours we already know, that would give us :

• August : Legion Imperialis (date already confirmed by WarCom article)
  • September : Army set CoS
  • October : Kill Team box (SM scouts vs. Aeldari scorpions, mentionned by Chapter Master Valrak)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

moneywise is among worst one, only idoneth one is worst i think.

and modelwise too. having an old kit that has been on the start collecting for last 6-7 years isnt very exciting.

Yeah I literally thought it was only the Kroxis and Saurus at first because a preview pic was cropped weird... The carnosaur kit can at least give you two mounted heroes with a conversion, but for the price vanguards are I def wanted either aggradons or the salamander with astrolith bearer or the new oldblood?

As much as I love the kroxis I'll be waiting for Christmas as well

@Chikout WarCom is currently erratic, they posted a Dawnbringer short story two weeks ago, then four articles last Friday, but no new story, and today now only two articles and zero new model reveal... It's the "Summer low", I guess.

Time to paint the backlog and expect nothing new but the Warhammer+ Models this week !

At least the Seraphon Vanguard box looks good and compliments nicely the Army Set and the other Skinks sets they did. 

Spoiler

Btw I can't see the new CoS army getting a Vanguard set that isn't made of 100% new models, otherwise it will look really strange.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

@Chikout WarCom is currently erratic, they posted a Dawnbringer short story two weeks ago, then four articles last Friday, but no new story, and today now only two articles and zero new model reveal... It's the "Summer low", I guess.

Time to paint the backlog and expect nothing new but the Warhammer+ Models this week !

At least the Seraphon Vanguard box looks good and compliments nicely the Army Set and the other Skinks sets they did. 

Reveal hidden contents

Btw I can't see the new CoS army getting a Vanguard set that isn't made of 100% new models, otherwise it will look really strange.

Imho only old units that would fit a CoS Vanguard box would be Steam Tank or Dispossessed, although the duardin are a bit of stretch.

Steam Tank with 10 Steelhelms, Freeguild Marshal and some other small unit (elite infantry/ogors/Cavaliers) would be really good.

• Confused 1

I think the Vanguard is good and will get one, as I wanted at least one of the units in there (and I don't have kroxis yet)

But anyway, are we at a point where we could start some speculation on this year's battleforces? Do you think we'll get as many as last year? Will they give ones to recently released or reworked factions (yes, I wanna know if seraphon will get one lol)? Will we have some factions repeated from the last year? What factions do y'all think will get one?

Just now, GenericEdgyName said:

I think the Vanguard is good and will get one, as I wanted at least one of the units in there (and I don't have kroxis yet)

But anyway, are we at a point where we could start some speculation on this year's battleforces? Do you think we'll get as many as last year? Will they give ones to recently released or reworked factions (yes, I wanna know if seraphon will get one lol)? Will we have some factions repeated from the last year? What factions do y'all think will get one?

Slaves To Darkness and Seraphon I think will get one, just because with AoS they do seem to like giving them to recently released/recently revamped armies. Cities of Sigmar will inevitably fall too close to the cutoff, unless it ends up full of Dwarf and Dark Elf units of course, but that seems unlikely.

Fyreslayers have never had a Battleforce. Maybe they'll finally break the curse now that Magmadroths are back to being stupidly expensive, but that seems unlikely.

• Like 4

They tend to split the battle box between the grand alliance, they have plenty of choices between Order and Chaos.

between Death and destruction there not many choices the only two armies that have yet to get a Battlebox are FeC (getting a tome soon so they may not be get a battle box) and Sons (hard to make a battle box work for them)

For destruction, they may go Gloomspite Gitz again but focus on troll instead of squigs or Ogors but BCR focus.

with Death the three other have gotten boxes recently so it be hard to guess which one it is.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I am kinda split on the Vanguard Box, on the 1 hand, it is a great selection of models, on the other, why is this undoubtedly going to be £85?

It seems to suffer from the same issue as the StD box (albiet to a lesser extent). The Start Collecting Seraphon had the Carnosaur, as well as 12 Saurus and 8 knights. Yes those were crappy models but the fact is you got more plastic, THis is obviously far better than the SC Seraphon box but at the same time just feels like an updated SC Box which has had its price jacked up by £20 (about 30%). To me this feels like it chould be a £70 box at most, and it won't be that.

I don't know maybe I am just a bit annoyed that the switch to Vanguard Boxes has resulted in generally a worse value in terms of bang for buck than the start collecting boxes - and feels like GW squeezing the reliable sources of good value minis - when larger boxes should offer a better value. Feels like it is just missing a little something, maybe a foot hero, just to really make it a juicey offer.

• Like 11

Just now, Goatforce said:

I am kinda split on the Vanguard Box, on the 1 hand, it is a great selection of models, on the other, why is this undoubtedly going to be £85?

It seems to suffer from the same issue as the StD box (albiet to a lesser extent). The Start Collecting Seraphon had the Carnosaur, as well as 12 Saurus and 8 knights. Yes those were crappy models but the fact is you got more plastic, THis is obviously far better than the SC Seraphon box but at the same time just feels like an updated SC Box which has had its price jacked up by £20 (about 30%). To me this feels like it chould be a £70 box at most, and it won't be that.

I don't know maybe I am just a bit annoyed that the switch to Vanguard Boxes has resulted in generally a worse value in terms of bang for buck than the start collecting boxes - and feels like GW squeezing the reliable sources of good value minis - when larger boxes should offer a better value. Feels like it is just missing a little something, maybe a foot hero, just to really make it a juicey offer.

I agree.
IMO the vanguard boxes are generally a worse deal. The early ones had similar savings, but the real killer is the price point. SC boxes were the right price point to get into the game with. They're undoubtedly going to try to pull something like the 40k combat patrol game with the vanguard boxes too, but I don't think thats worth the higher cost of entry. Especially since the game really is balanced around 2k points, and things get weird if you're playing low points.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I don't know maybe I am just a bit annoyed that the switch to Vanguard Boxes has resulted in generally a worse value in terms of bang for buck than the start collecting boxes

GW somehow has to get the money to increase the share dividend from ~0.8p to ~1.45p - They’re not milking us, they desperately need the money I tell you!

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Imho only old units that would fit a CoS Vanguard box would be Steam Tank or Dispossessed, although the duardin are a bit of stretch.

Steam Tank with 10 Steelhelms, Freeguild Marshal and some other small unit (elite infantry/ogors/Cavaliers) would be really good.

karl franz would be also great in the vanguard,the mini is gorgeous(better than the new humans for many of us) and the box art would be great with a big miniature.

i also i would love if it have a steam tank,i never got one because for me it is overpriced in money for the amount of plastic and how small it is,but if it is inside a box with disscount i would get it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

They tend to split the battle box between the grand alliance, they have plenty of choices between Order and Chaos.

between Death and destruction there not many choices the only two armies that have yet to get a Battlebox are FeC (getting a tome soon so they may not be get a battle box) and Sons (hard to make a battle box work for them)

For destruction, they may go Gloomspite Gitz again but focus on troll instead of squigs or Ogors but BCR focus.

with Death the three other have gotten boxes recently so it be hard to guess which one it is.

If the FeC battletome will release in winter, a battleforce for them is very pausible (and very profitable for GW because they can clean old leftovers in the warehouse). It was a similar case with Gloomspite: GW released a battleforce for them and months later the battletome was released.

I think we could see the first battleforce for Sons too. There was one for Imperial Knights, why not one for our big fellas?

For Order, Fyreslayers looks interesting if they will get some new kits in the incoming future. and for Chaos... I don't know, Nurgle with a Maggot Lord and some mortals maybe?

6 minutes ago, Throgg said:

If the FeC battletome will release in winter, a battleforce for them is very pausible (and very profitable for GW because they can clean old leftovers in the warehouse). It was a similar case with Gloomspite: GW released a battleforce for them and months later the battletome was released.

I think we could see the first battleforce for Sons too. There was one for Imperial Knights, why not one for our big fellas?

For Order, Fyreslayers looks interesting if they will get some new kits in the incoming future. and for Chaos... I don't know, Nurgle with a Maggot Lord and some mortals maybe?

nurgle had an old one, and there's the recent harbingers box, so another nurgle mortal box would be a lot.
Nurgle daemons would be neat? Or beasts of chaos, now that they have a non-bray shaman plastic hero. Maybe a warherd box with 2 cygor/ghorgon, 6 bullgor and a beastlord if the value works out right.
Slaves to darkness with the new knights/warriors/daemon prince isn't out of the question either imo.

Gargants make sense, not sure what it would be though, a single mega and 1 or 2 mancrushers? If not that I could see them skip destruction entirely.

Fyreslayers should just do a box of 20 hearthguard and a magmadroth

• Confused 1