The Rumour Thread

The Great Herald holds a banner, accompanied by Mascot Gargoylians. You might have spotted smaller Gargoylians on the bases of other Cities of Sigmar units – we’ll have more information on these peculiar creatures soon!

MORE INFO ON THE LITTLE SNAIL MEN COMING SOON!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is being reused too often and too similar between it all to be hand made, right?

Have we seen the bell on the terrain in the back before? Is it part of some other terrain kit? If not, I think that is a pretty intricate piece to make by hand just for a few army pictures

Just now, Matrindur said:

Have we seen the bell on the terrain in the back before? Is it part of some other terrain kit? If not, I think that is a pretty intricate piece to make by hand just for a few army pictures

That bell is from Objectives kit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDM said:

Was there leaks today or something is that why we've had a post?

Yes everything here leaked this morning

Just now, michu said:

That bell is from Objectives kit

Just what I didn't want to hear :D

Edited by Matrindur

26 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

There’s loads more to come from the Cities of Sigmar as we near release, so grab your fusil-cannon, strap on your cuirass, and give full-throated praise to Sigmar!

Yay more goodies 

I think they mean articles about lore and rules, not more models. This article specifically is titled the full range revealed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Pontifex Zenestra is the Matriarch of the Great Wheel, one of the many Cults Unberogen who worship aspects of the God-King Sigmar. Allegedly a great-grandmother at the dawn of the Age of Sigmar, she brooks no questions about the accompanying skeleton whose scars mirror her own.

Alright now this is a fun mystery.

Clearly this is some necromantic degeneracy the likes of which not even the Usurper Nagash would stand for…. But we’ll have some fun for now.

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

More lovely minis, great job by GW - I like how they kinda mirror 40k's Imperium but made sure to give them a very cohesive look. A couple of awesome heroes too. 

Agreed @MitGas, but here’s hoping that they don’t mirror the Imperium in every way and require the Stormcast in order to win a fight in their own book.

• Haha 1

Now that I've had a bit of a think about it, this release (even though I love it and think it's the best range refresh we've had ever) really feels like it has a case of first wave syndrome, with it missing a generic big centerpiece and the amount of old non-human/human kits left.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave 2 either with a later Dawnbringer book ala Lumineth, or for their 4th Edition Battletome. However, I'm fully satisfied if this (and maybe some Underworlds/more Warcry later) is all we'll get for the time being.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Clearly this is some necromantic degeneracy the likes of which not even the Usurper Nagash would stand for…. But we’ll have some fun for now.

Agreed @MitGas, but here’s hoping that they don’t mirror the Imperium in every way and require the Stormcast in order to win a fight in their own book.

It's funny cause I can already imagine a story where CoS are under attack and instead of drop pods and Space Marines, they'll get lightning and Stormcast as saviors. Obviously I also hope that their rules won't be lacking in the game. I have literally no idea where AM stands right now in 40k but it always sucks to see any faction being so weak they can't measure up without allies or other bandaids. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Now that I've had a bit of a think about it, this release (even though I love it and think it's the best range refresh we've had ever) really feels like it has a case of first wave syndrome, with it missing a generic big centerpiece and the amount of old non-human/human kits left.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave 2 either with a later Dawnbringer book ala Lumineth, or for their 4th Edition Battletome. However, I'm fully satisfied if this (and maybe some Underworlds/more Warcry later) is all we'll get for the time being.

Full agreement. It's what happened with Lumineth and Slaanesh. Expect an updated battletome in about a year.

• Like 3

Well well well, what an eventful day it has been...

Thanks for the anonymous leaker who prompted GW to officialy reveal the minis, because those are drop dead gorgeous. No Freeguild elite, but I'm not mad it it. I love each and every single one of these new models. 

The Pontifex is a great mini in itself and it's a great idea to bring a named character to the Cities. The cannon... if I play Greywater, I'm going to need to learn how to paint these guys because it's essentially a mini diorama. And the idea of a general's staff is so great. How to get lots of warscroll options in one box.

But the most beautiful is the mounted Marshal. Oh my Sigmar his pose is so good. Reminds why GW is the GOAT of mini manufacturing. I'm getting one. 

I'm 100% ditching my current Cities minies to TOW and starting anew with these ones. Might play a lot at 1k points because this minis will be very time consuming to paint. Holy Sigmar, bless this ravaged wallet...

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Also, now that we've had everything revealed...

What are we thinking in terms of Army Set release dates?
Imho I'd say anything from mid August (2-3 weeks from now) to mid September is likely, although I don't know if Epic getting delayed effects this in any way (bringing it forward or pushing it back). Might they just want this out of the way before we go back to tiny Space Marine and regular Space Marine release madness? Or keep it until early September like they presumably planned?