The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

It'll be interesting to see what the Weirdbrute Wrekkaz are - 3-man 50mm base infantry to fill that niche within the army? Just alternative Brutes?

Maybe a ardboy shaman/priest? I'm curious to see how many troops and heroes this second wave is going to have

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

It'll be interesting to see what the Weirdbrute Wrekkaz are - 3-man 50mm base infantry to fill that niche within the army? Just alternative Brutes?

Could be Brutes that are mage hunters perhaps or have some magic of their own? 

• Like 5

With a name like Weirdbrute Wrekkas, what I’m hoping for is brutes who the power of the waaaagh has made go full super-saiyan. Stripped of their armour to the waist, glowing eyes, flame-wreathed fists that can punch through a fortification. No need for siege weapons, just get these muscle-wizards riled up and have them brute force their way through in classic ironjaws fashion.

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 4

Weirdbrute Wrekkaz as a name kinda gives me warcry squad vibes, for what it's worth.  But the 'wrekkaz' part also makes me think they could wind up being the Ironjawz equivalent of a seige engine, some sort of wizard unit that's so angry about castle walls and fortifications that they can make them explode with their minds?  But some sort of self-buffing wizard melee unit is probably the right call.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Weirdbrute Wrekkaz as a name kinda gives me warcry squad vibes, for what it's worth.  But the 'wrekkaz' part also makes me think they could wind up being the Ironjawz equivalent of a seige engine, some sort of wizard unit that's so angry about castle walls and fortifications that they can make them explode with their minds?  But some sort of self-buffing wizard melee unit is probably the right call.

This is an AoS release. Warcry would be a different thing. It's definitely not that. Wrekkaz is plural so it's definitely a unit and not a hero. I'm guessing an elite unit, hopefully with a dual build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This is an AoS release. Warcry would be a different thing. It's definitely not that. Wrekkaz is plural so it's definitely a unit and not a hero. I'm guessing an elite unit, hopefully with a dual build. 

As of the upcoming Cities release and the way they revealed the new Wildecorps guys, it might not always be so cut and dry going forwards - particularly when warbands aren't tied to big dual boxes there's no reason they couldn't release the upcoming warbands as part of army updates.

I'm inclined to think they are a specific AoS unit as well personally, but I don't think Warcry can necessarily be dismissed as a possibility out of hand.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The siege engine gave me the idea of something like the 40k Kill Rig. A siege engine pulled by the pigs, defended by the "Wrekkaz" and with the Weirdbrute on top shooting spells. But since we already got the maw grunta probably not

21 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

As of the upcoming Cities release and the way they revealed the new Wildecorps guys, it might not always be so cut and dry going forwards - particularly when warbands aren't tied to big dual boxes there's no reason they couldn't release the upcoming warbands as part of army updates.

I'm inclined to think they are a specific AoS unit as well personally, but I don't think Warcry can necessarily be dismissed as a possibility out of hand.

It can be dismissed because it would say warcry on the listing like this. 

6f61fa58f504cda9db1699ed42f1b240_61979.jpeg__thumb.jpg.dae32e7a0dbd7d92f5480045208494e8.jpg

• Like 2

I'm really keen to see what the Wrekkaz look like, some sort of unit of brutes being buffed/amplified by a ton of waaagh energy sounds like a cool concept. Will be interesting to see what weapons they might have or whether they just punch stuff with waaagh infused punches (which would be a very Ironjawz thing to do). I'm also keen to see how much of a glowup Ardboyz have received.

All this Ironjawz hype has made me dig out the Ironjawz models I bought years ago, time to finally make that angry red-skinned Ironjawz colour scheme idea a reality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Is Wrekkaz weirdboy a unit or a character? I can't decide but I'd say the second option.

Wrekkaz is plural so it's definitely a unit but with an outside chance it could be a hero unit like the command corps or the gobbapalooza. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Good lord, GW’s leaking like a boat that sailed full ahead into a minefield at the moment! First the entire CoS codex, now the upcoming Orruk releases and a whole FEC model! Wouldn’t be surprised if we learn about all the upcoming releases for the next two years at this point. 

Firing the playtesters sure did a lot of good to stop the leaks didn't it!

8 hours ago, Matrindur said:

What the hell happened to those sprues that they ended up at a car boot sale for £1 

Going theory seems to be somebody took them out of GW's waste disposal. Iirc a few things have leaked (uh, not literally) out of their bins before. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Perhaps weirdbrute wrekkaz and Anvilsmasha are bonesplitterz kits?

Awesome news to wake up to!! I am most curious to see what route the Ardboyz took in design. 

Nah, both are Ironjawz units. I don't expect any Bones or Krule units this time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Maybe an AoS/ Wacry dual like the CoS ones?

• Like 2