The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that Golemkin were named a long time ago too? I think that 2d edition book had the name dropped.

And Chaos Duardin were mentioned earlier on Wrath of the Everchosen.

If you think about It, the Duardin are more and more active since Broken Realms and something big is coming for them. It is obvious that Workshop needs to do something to make Duardin race be attractive again. It could be new releases for Fyreslayer or the start of a large event that starts with the release of the chaotic counterpart.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

AoS insectoids were only mentioned on a Underworlds season meanwhile Chaos Duardin were mentioned during the new Lore at the start of the edition with the Kruleboyz. The difference is noticiable, with the insectoids being an isolated faction and the other being part of the events and a real active faction.

Being objective, Chaos Duardin were more active or named on battletomes this edition than Malerion or Ushoran.

Plus we literally have a Warcry Warband that worships Hashut, they are not Dwarfs, but they are servants of them as I recall. Hobgoblins also are noted to serve the CDs in their unit lore.

So yeah I agree, Chaos Dwarfs have far more hinting at them than some background lore snippets. They are pretty prominant as far as civilisations that have no army yet go, and there are already models that are tied to them on the TT. I have little doubt CDs are coming, could be a while before they arrive but I think they will eventually arrive.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

And Chaos Duardin were mentioned earlier on Wrath of the Everchosen.

If you think about It, the Duardin are more and more active since Broken Realms and something big is coming for them. It is obvious that Workshop needs to do something to make Duardin race be attractive again. It could be new releases for Fyreslayer or the start of a large event that starts with the release of the chaotic counterpart.

My point wasn't about that Gholemkin should be the next miniature focus, but that lore is not relevant for miniatures (not even 1 Gholemkin model since 2018). Chaos Dwarfs at least have a warband and a few easter eggs here and there.

Hope I'm wrong because I really want more dwarf-focused miniatures in AoS and Chaos Duardins seems to have a lot going on lately.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Trying to make sense of all of these rumours and hints and whatever about Chorfs.

• The AoS roadmap ends in winter 2023-2024 with Dawnbringers 4 and FEC.
  • The 40k roadmap extends into spring 2024 with 5 codexes. But there can't be whole 3 months without anything from AoS... there has to be an AoS release in spring 2024. But by then Dawnbringers will be ended and all current BTs will be updated. If something happens for AoS, it's either a 2.0 version of a BT (not gonna happen if a new edition is around the corner) or a brand new army.
  • GW has been dropping lore hints at Chorfs. Hobgrots, Horns of Hashut, Trugg in the Adamantine Chain...
  • There's 2 precedents of armies that launched right at the end of an edition : Idoneth in AoS1, Soulblight in AoS2. Both in may of the last year of their respective editions.

If I were to make a prognosis, I'd bet Chaos Dwarfs will arrive to AoS in May 2024.

You know who would really fit with a Chorfs release?
Some Sylvaneth fighting the destruction of their woods. Kurnothi maybe??

I like your narrative!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Gholems sound more like something you would make into a Warcry band and call it a day, rather than a fully fledged faction.

An entire race of mechanical-people that were sealed during age of chaos, are starting to go out and searching for for a new power-source.

I don't know, that doesn't sounds like a warband to me

• Like 3

I think we just dont have enough information to guess what army is next. A LOT of armies and subfactions have been name dropped this edition. I dont think there is a connection between the amount an army gets mentioned and the likelyhood of them getting the next big update.

That being said. I love GW for keeping the lore alive for all these armies and subfactions.

Edit: Dont think anyone expected this Ironjawz update. Lets be honest. They have done the same before with Sylvaneth and Nighthaunt. I think they design awesome models first and lore second.

Edit 2: Its fun to speculate though. Gimme Glareface Frazzlegitz now please.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 14

What do we think will be up for preorder next?

Other than the Nova reveals we only have Cities which should still take a while, the Agastus Marines from the beginning of the year but those will probably come with the rest of the Marines and the HH Cerastus Knights which would be the most likely option, maybe together with some bloodbowl.

But do we think there is a chance we might already see some of the Nova stuff? Maybe Underworlds or Warcry?

I don't think there's much chance of chaos dwarves in the next few years. Theyre certainly not pie in the sky like squats were which gives hope to the ones who want them. 

Hopefully agree more pop up. Warcry warband would be a great way to see them come back sooner though 

31 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Other than the Nova reveals we only have Cities which should still take a while, the Agastus Marines from the beginning of the year but those will probably come with the rest of the Marines and the HH Cerastus Knights which would be the most likely option, maybe together with some bloodbowl.

But do we think there is a chance we might already see some of the Nova stuff? Maybe Underworlds or Warcry?

More than a chance I'll say. 

I think we'll see either Underworlds, Warcry or bloodbowl announced tonight. 

I hope its warcry, I want the hunters for my cities of sigmar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

You know who would really fit with a Chorfs release?
Some Sylvaneth fighting the destruction of their woods. Kurnothi maybe??

I like your narrative!

Kurnothi is not enough big to be the release to close the edition. A simple wave instead a new unique faction is like two steps backward when we come from Idoneth, Soulblight or World Eaters.

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

- Fyreslayer or more Cities/Lumineth wave is hopium too.

Fyreslayers? Probably yes. I hope they'll get an Ironjawz style second wave eventually, but I get the feeling they are one of the least popular AoS armies so I doubt that doing so is a high priority. Of course maybe the design team came up with a really exciting new direction for them two years ago (or however long the lead time of concept to release is), in which case maybe there will be a second wave soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Lumineth? Almost certainly not. We'll get the Tyrionic wave eventually, but they've had more love than most factions over the past few years so I can't see them getting anything until 4th (maybe even later).

Cities? Also almost certainly not getting anything until 4th. In their case though, I think a second wave in 4th is likely given comments in some WarCom articles about concepts that couldn't be included this time round. I expect that wave to be more humans though, not aelves or duardin. Sorry elf/dwarf fans: hopefully eventually we'll see something for their aspects of Cities get released, but I am not expecting it any time soon.

- The number of Kurnothi/FeC kits are hopium too.

What sort of numbers are people predicting for them? My feeling is Cities and Slaves give a pretty good idea of what the standard "big" release will be going forward i.e. 2-3 units, 1-2 centre pieces, 2-4 characters (of which at least one will be named). That's what I'd expect from FEC.

I'm not certain I'm expecting anything for Kurnothi any time soon, unless we've got a very reliable Whitefang like (not just a like on someone talking about Kurnothi, but a like against a post specifically speculating about them soon).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think we need to remember that Kurnothi is most likely not going to be a new standalone Faction. More than likely itll be a sub faction within Sylvaneth.

Also @Whitefang's hints seemed more geared to almost a Warcry Warband to me.

The last Kurnothi related post that Whitefang liked was one by @Gitzdee saying that Kurnothi would be a small release for Dawnbringers and not Warcry. 

For reference it was this one. IMG_0595.png.46aa9c3aad8947293ca7aca010d09c48.png

Obviously I’m hoping small means three kits and not one, though I’d take a Dawnbringers character AND a warband. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 5:13 PM, Jagged Red Lines said:

Anything else you could share? Any idea of profile/rules or just vaguely how hitty they are?

On 9/3/2023 at 2:36 AM, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Yeaaaaah I doubt they'll be 180. Monsters are always overpriced, ghorgons, cygors, soul grinders, stegadons of all types. Its most likely in the 200 range. It won't be priced like a man crusher or slaughterbrute.

Edited by dmorley21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

They said the new 30k plastics would be up for pre-order "sooner than you think" and it wouldn't be the first time something they just announced almost immediately went up for pre-order (Nightmare Quest comes to mind). 

They announced the Warcry Kruelboys a while ago and they've yet to materialise, so they seem likely to appear in the next few weeks.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They said the new 30k plastics would be up for pre-order "sooner than you think" and it wouldn't be the first time something they just announced almost immediately went up for pre-order (Nightmare Quest comes to mind). 

They announced the Warcry Kruelboys a while ago and they've yet to materialise, so they seem likely to appear in the next few weeks.

Having seen the Ogors vs Cities box, my guess is that we’re going to see the Kruleboyz warband in another dual box vs the unnamed order warband. It will probably come out after the cities ogor box.  Heresy next week is a safe bet. Perhaps we will see the big boxed and the other knight at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Since the Wildercorps Hunters turned out to be part of a box instead of a solo release I would expect the same to be true for the Monsta-Killaz so probably the second box after the one revealed at Nova

AoS insectoids were only mentioned on a Underworlds season meanwhile Chaos Duardin were mentioned during the new Lore at the start of the edition with the Kruleboyz. The difference is noticiable, with the insectoids being an isolated faction and the other being part of the events and a real active faction.

Being objective, Chaos Duardin were more active or named on battletomes this edition than Malerion or Ushoran.

Which doesn't mean a thing. If GW believes that Chaos Dwarves will sell they will one day get a big release. If GW believes that Malerion Elves we sell better, than we will see that army first. GW has the sales numbers from FW CD and those 40K dwarves released a while ago. If both were a succes than the possibility increases to see Chaos Dwarves. Imo Instead of giving AoS CD, they should better flesh out the Kharadron and Fyreslayers miniature wise before adding their evil twins.

Edit: The reason I mention the 40K dwarves is, because they were also something people wanted to see returnig (atleast on the internet people were quite vocal about wanting to see Squats return).

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Kurnothi is not enough big to be the release to close the edition. A simple wave instead a new unique faction is like two steps backward when we come from Idoneth, Soulblight or World Eaters.

That's my take as well: Chorfs as the big release, Kurnothi accompanying them, as a Sylvaneth supplement. But ofc that's wild guessing on my part.

• Like 1