The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah armies of renown are specific builds of an army probably based on the narrative of the book. 12 armies getting new minis means 12 aren't. Unfortunately KO and Sons of Behemat fall into the latter category. 

Wasn't it at least 12 instead of exactly 12?

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

How many £££ do we think Truggs Troggherd will be?

The other Dawnbringers boxsets have all been £80 but unless Trugg is only £50 that wouldn't make sense for the discounts they normally do on those sets. 

The other four all have discounts in the range of 30%-35% so if Trugg is around £70, which is what I would expect, that would be around £95 for the box

11 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Thanks.

Any info or guesses on how much Trugg will cost? This seems like a good deal. Too bad i dont need another 6 Rockguts.

I doubt anyone knows. The individual box probably won't be out for a couple of months. At a guess I'd say £60 or £70. The Dankhold is £45 and Trugg is quite a bit larger than that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

90£

Cheers mate. Cant believe theyre £40 cheaper than a single Mega Gargant. I love my Sons as we all know but after buying 3, and building them as the Gatebreaker, Kraken Eater and Warstomper I dont think I can justify buying another kit for the Beast Smasher and King Brodd build especially as they rose to £130.

£360 for 3 minis is already far too much.*

*I love you Gargants, Fathers not angry at you he's angry at the corpos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Cheers mate. Cant believe theyre £40 cheaper than a single Mega Gargant. I love my Sons as we all know but after buying 3, and building them as the Gatebreaker, Kraken Eater and Warstomper I dont think I can justify buying another kit for the Beast Smasher and King Brodd build especially as they rose to £130.

£360 for 3 minis is already far too much.*

*I love you Gargants, Fathers not angry at you he's angry at the corpos.

I can't decide whether KingBrodd not having a King Brodd model is surprising or as expected as he already is is the King himself

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I doubt anyone knows. The individual box probably won't be out for a couple of months. At a guess I'd say £60 or £70. The Dankhold is £45 and Trugg is quite a bit larger than that. 

I'd say 70-85, since that's what models like Magmadroths, Eidolons, Kroak and Leviadons cost. Trugg seems to be a hero and big, so I'd see him being something like that.

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

I can't decide whether KingBrodd not having a King Brodd model is surprising or as expected as he already is is the King himself

Its a conundrum isnt it!! Personally the Brodd model, for me at least, lost its appeal over time for me which was good for my wallet.

I think it was the fact that its the same build with a couple different options? I really had hoped he would recieve an entire new sculpt. 

Its a beautiful mini and perhaps Ill be gifted a voucher from a loved one at some point to justify the price but for now Im content with my 3 Megas and books of Lore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

Wasn't it at least 12 instead of exactly 12?

Yeah but it's not like it's going to be 20. It's probably 13 or even 12 but within models for different subfactions. Does the Grot rabble Rowza and Trugg count as 1 or 2?

On that point so far we have

Gloomspite (and Troggoths?), Nurgle, FeC, Fyreslayers and Warclans. Are the Blacktalons part of Dawnbringers too?

We also have heavy rumours of Kurnothi, Darkoath and possibly cities in the form of Callis and Toll.  That leaves between 1 and 5 factions still to be even hinted at. 

AoS between Cities and 4th edition is still a pretty big mystery. The only thing we know about is FeC and we don't know much about them. I feel like we could start seeing Monday previews again after Reign of the Brute is out. As far as I'm aware the next preview show isn't until the grand narrative event in November and I'd expect book 3 to be out by then. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Its a conundrum isnt it!! Personally the Brodd model, for me at least, lost its appeal over time for me which was good for my wallet.

I think it was the fact that its the same build with a couple different options? I really had hoped he would recieve an entire new sculpt. 

Its a beautiful mini and perhaps Ill be gifted a voucher from a loved one at some point to justify the price but for now Im content with my 3 Megas and books of Lore.

I like the Brodd mini. If i ever buy a mega gargant it is probably the one i would get. But i understand its different if u already own 3. 

I wonder how much the Ardboyz warscroll is going to change. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I like the Brodd mini. If i ever buy a mega gargant it is probably the one i would get. But i understand its different if u already own 3. 

I wonder how much the Ardboyz warscroll is going to change. 

For the sake of old world, I do hope they come with the variants of great weapons to be fielded in battle instead of spears and shield.

or at least give them a decent hand weapon with those shields

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

For the sake of old world, I do hope they come with the variants of great weapons to be fielded in battle instead of spears and shield.

or at least give them a decent hand weapon with those shields

Do we have any pic with nuArdboyz with a weapon that is not a spear? Even their role will be changed to 3+ save and better at recieving charges.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Yeah but it's not like it's going to be 20. It's probably 13 or even 12 but within models for different subfactions. Does the Grot rabble Rowza and Trugg count as 1 or 2?

On that point so far we have

Gloomspite (and Troggoths?), Nurgle, FeC, Fyreslayers and Warclans. Are the Blacktalons part of Dawnbringers too?

We also have heavy rumours of Kurnothi, Darkoath and possibly cities in the form of Callis and Toll.  That leaves between 1 and 5 factions still to be even hinted at. 

AoS between Cities and 4th edition is still a pretty big mystery. The only thing we know about is FeC and we don't know much about them. I feel like we could start seeing Monday previews again after Reign of the Brute is out. As far as I'm aware the next preview show isn't until the grand narrative event in November and I'd expect book 3 to be out by then. 

Would be a bit weird that Blacktalon would be part of the Dawnbringers release and they didn't mention it so far, right? I see it more in the lines of the Gaunts Ghosts. Some sort of "commemorative" release, but not related to Dawnbringers.

• Like 3

Let’s try ruling out factions: 

The Ossiarchs might get something for Underworlds or Warcry, but I don’t believe that would be counted towards the total, and while there is one Legion with agents in Aqshy (The Crematorians), they’re more interested in Lumnos than this crusade, plus the Ossiarch are on the defensive this edition. They’re probably not likely to see a Dawnbringer release, but we did see a Morghast wing in the Rumor Engines, so they’ll be getting something eventually, but not likely to be now. 

The Lumineth (To the best of my knowledge) aren’t anywhere near Aqshy or Ghyran, and probably wouldn’t be involved in the main narrative either. Maybe they’ll show up in Warcry or Underworlds, but probably not AoS. 

Those two aren’t likely to show up in any real capacity, although maybe when Ushoran shows up, the Ossiarchs will get a small mention, but I wouldn’t expect more than that.