The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Screenshot_20230921-155726.png.0575555da4211cfe0f98ba37ec0a70c9.png

It does strengten the Skaven rumours since he doesn't care about AoS but he does like the Old World and since that sounds like even he likes the contents I would expect one half to be an Old World army like Skaven

Also that Whitefang like with the only info being that the box will be amazing does tingle my hype receptors

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

It does strengten the Skaven rumours since he doesn't care about AoS but he does like the Old World and since that sounds like even he likes the contents I would expect one half to be an Old World army like Skaven

Also that Whitefang like with the only info being that the box will be amazing does tingle my hype receptors

To be fair Valrak doesn't dislike AoS, he's just not interested in the game or lore. He's said numerous times over the years that AoS has some of the best looking models on the market. But yeah he is interested in TOW and so I'd put this as a tick towards it being Stormcast vs Skaven

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Skaven will automatically make this the best launch box for AOS yet. New Stormcast battling Refreshed Skaven? Its going to be so damn epic!! 

Am I excited for a Chaos focused Edition...is this..the warp?

Even cooler than that. Anything but Stormcast!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

why is everyone hoping for kroak in box?????

im sure those guys are the one who havent a kroak. like a seraphon player who has kroak, i would be really pissed if gw make a trash move including him in the box.

noone ever had a named unique big model in a box before. kairos has an alternative build, lauka has alternative, mortachs has 3 builds, but if im not wrong i dont remember any big model (90+ €) with a single build, unique character being in one. and really hope they dont include him only on my army turn on a battleforce since it would be an auto non buy box, for me and for every seraphon player that allready has him, since a second kroak has totally 0 use, making the box price even higher than individual models excluding kroak.

in fact i hope it dont have slann neither since he isnt unique, but is expensive and 99% useless beyond first one, and allready was on previous box.

a nice and balanced box would be something like

-x1 or x2 kroxigors.

-x1 or x2 agradons ( kroxis and agradons would be 3 in total, so 1 of one and 2 of the other)

-x1 saurus warriors since they are the battleline, with an amazing new resculp

-x1 spawn of sotek

- hero on agradon or astrolith or skink on chair.

would make the usual ratio of 1 troop, 1 big size or cavalry unit with 2 units of one of them, 1 single model unit alone and 1 small-medium hero. or they could take out 1 unit and make it worse, like some of last year being only 4units and 2 heros

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Confused 6

13 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Where does this come from ? This looks like TGA, but Valrak isn't a poster here (which is a shame btw, it would be fun to have Valrak commentating on here).

This is from Bolter & Chainsword forum. Unfortunately, unless Valrak registers here, which is highly unlikely, it's going to be difficult to get more info from him (B&C moderators are very picky when it comes to anything other than 40k).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

im sure those guys are the one who havent a kroak. like a seraphon player who has kroak, i would be really pissed if gw make a trash move including him in the box.

noond ever had a named unique big model in a box before. kairos has an alternative build, lauka has alternative, mortachs has 3 builds, but im not wrong i dont remember any big model (90+ €) with a single build, unique character being in one. and really hope they dont include him only on my army turn on a battleforce since it would be an auto non buy box, for me and for every seraphon player that allready has him, since a second kroak has totally 0 use, making the box price even higher than individual models excluding kroak.

in fact i hope it dont have slann neither since he isnt unique, but is expensive and 99% useless beyond first one, and allready was on previous box.

-x1 or x2 kroxigors.

-x1 or x2 agradons ( kroxis and agradons would be 3 in total, so 1 of one and 2 of the other)

-x1 spawn of sotek

would make the usual ratio of 1 troop, 1 big size or cavalry unit with 2 units of one of them, 1 single model unit alone and 1 small-medium hero. or they could take out 1 unit and make it worse, like some of last year being only 4units and 2 heros

I think its more of an expectation based on what the 40k boxes looked like last year, rather than something people particularly want. Remember though that the boxes are usually designed more to entice people into a new army instead of being for existing players and a lot of new players would appreciate Kroak being included in there.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

noond ever had a named unique big model in a box before.

According to Valrak the World Eaters are getting Angron in their box, so we can't rule out named unique big models. Also does Drycha count because I think she was in a previous Christmas Tree box.

Edit: just noticed your price cut off for big models, so Drycha doesn't count. She'll be buzzin' angry!

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

noone ever had a named unique big model in a box before. kairos has an alternative build, lauka has alternative, mortachs has 3 builds, but if im not wrong i dont remember any big model (90+ €) with a single build, unique character being in one. and really hope they dont include him only on my army turn on a battleforce since it would be an auto non buy box, for me and for every seraphon player that allready has him, since a second kroak has totally 0 use, making the box price even higher than individual models excluding kroak.

-x1 or x2 kroxigors.

-x1 spawn of sotek

Well, I don't have Kroak, so I would absolutely be up for him being in, even if I would probably take an extra unit of Saurus and Aggros/Krox's over him.

But he is an expensive model, makes sense for people who don't have this sort of model to want it in the battlebox as it means you get a massive discount on it as well as a load of other things. Does make it more for people starting out than expanding but it is a valid move by GW (might tempt people into starting a whole new army).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

noond ever had a named unique big model in a box before. kairos has an alternative build, lauka has alternative, mortachs has 3 builds, but im not wrong i dont remember any big model (90+ €) with a single build, unique character being in one. and really hope they dont include him only on my army turn on a battleforce since it would be an auto non buy box, for me and for every seraphon player that allready has him, since a second kroak has totally 0 use, making the box price even higher than individual models excluding kroak.

-x1 or x2 kroxigors.

-x1 spawn of sotek

40k regularly has one build characters (Magnus nipple armour on or off doesn't count as alternative build!)
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/27/sunday-preview-warhammer-40000-battleforces-and-necromunda-goons-and-goodies/

And whilst not a named character, the black coach is pretty much a €100+ single build.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/20/sunday-preview-get-your-fill-of-age-of-sigmar-battleforces-and-the-new-warcry-expansion/

The
Lord of change I guess does at least have an alternative build, but its not too far off similar contents to including kroak.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/16/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battleforces-incoming/

Most sets have had named characters/single builds in the past, just not all of them at €90+.But mostly Battleforces don't have to cater to existing players that might have models, even if existing players would like the discount.

13 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Another reminder that I need to get some magnets build all my Chaos Knights...

I am not scared of building my giant robots, I am simply a little nervous. 

Edited by Neverchosen

20 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

whilst not a named character, the black coach is pretty much a €100+ single build

yes that bad, but at least you can play 4 of them if you want, despite being a joke list only.

it would be the same as sn idk one with turtle.

but thats ok, they are bad models since are very expensive without any desire to use more than 1, but at least can be used. never saw a unique one, and hope to dont see it never. things like teclis, nagash, kroak, katakros etc on aos,

i agree box are also for grabbing new players, but they are for old players too, so why would gw do such a bad move? making the box auto non buy for actual players? instead making a box like the one i said, being good for both groups and getting double units bought

40k can go away with that since they sadly has a much bigger player base than aos, so boxes will sold out even if they are only for a fraction of playerbase, but aos shouldt do that.

Edited by Kitsumy

46 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

tbh I forgot new Kroak isn't a dual kit, would a regular slann suffice? it makes sense for Seraphon to get a frog since they're de-facto leaders.