The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have the feeling we won't see anything else for FS during Dawnbringers.

We'll see. If Whitefang likes something, we might be getting more FS during Dawnbringers. Otherwise, I'm confident FS are going to get something in 4th.

I’m guessing Dawnbringers book 3 releases in conjunction with Cities, is Order focused, and only has a few models. Guessing it’ll be times supporting the crusade. That’ll be Sylvaneth based on the lore in book 2, Stormcast due to that’s what Stormcast does and we’ve seen the Blacktalon models, and maybe Fyreslayers since they had a herald. I’m only expecting 2-3 models we haven’t seen with the new book.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, is the content of a preview usually leaked? If so, with how much time in advance?

Dont think this can be measured. It also has been the other way around, that the leak was followed by a reveal because of the leak. But i think u are referring to the next preview show. Sometimes content gets leaked, but imho GW is doing a great job keeping things secret with these shows. Didnt see Thalia, Ogor and the IJ coming at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont think this can be measured. It also has been the other way around, that the leak was followed by a reveal because of the leak. But i think u are referring to the next preview show. Sometimes content gets leaked, but imho GW is doing a great job keeping things secret with these shows. Didnt see Thalia, Ogor and the IJ coming at all.

Yes not many leaks recently with regards to previews. Will have to rely on the images that Gw will be posting on social media in advance of the preview. 

20 minutes ago, Baz said:

Tau would be my guess, kroot and vespid probably as they've been popping up on the rumour engines. 

Aren't Tau already in Kill Team? The Warhammer Day announcement on WarCom said there'd be a new faction for Kill Team.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Anyone got guesses what the new faction reveal for Kill Team will be?

According to Valrak now it would be the time for Space Marine Scouts vs new Eldar Striking Scorpions (looking forward to it). He also mentioned something regarding Tau auxiliary forces (Kroot or Vespids) and new Swooping Hawks, but I don't think that they will renew two aspect warriors through KT instead of the mainline game.

Striking Scorpions will be a sweet surprise, but i've some doubts about it. Aspect warrios are usually 5 team, and gangs for KT are usually 10... 

I red a rumor about Veteran Scout Primaris Marine vs Assault Guardians aeldari ( 10 men squad)

2 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

Based on rumors of Kurnothi, I think a Kurnoth Army of Renown is more likely than a Drycha one.

A Kurnoth army of renown means a lots of new kits right? Like at least one battleline, one central hero and 2-3 other units and 1-2 side heroes. Is it something possible as we already have a big ironjaw wave and and the cos release, as we are also waiting for a big FeC release in few months?

Maybe I am missing something but creating an army of renown when you only have one UW unit existing now means too much releases at the same time regarding what we already had and what we are wainting for (but I would love sucha big release of course) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

A Kurnoth army of renown means a lots of new kits right? Like at least one battleline, one central hero and 2-3 other units and 1-2 side heroes. Is it something possible as we already have a big ironjaw wave and and the cos release, as we are also waiting for a big FeC release in few months?

Maybe I am missing something but creating an army of renown when you only have one UW unit existing now means too much releases at the same time regarding what we already had and what we are wainting for (but I would love sucha big release of course) 

There’s 3 Kurnoth Hunter units. Arch-Rev is Kurnoth aligned. So that’s already a hero and 3 units. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some other current units in such an army.

Honestly they could do it without any releases - see Sons of Behemat and Kharadron Overlords. I think Sylvaneth will get at least one model though. 

Right, not a sylvaneth player so I missed those units. So are all the other "revenant" units also kurnoth aligned? (tree, spite and friends) 

I thought more about faun, centaurs and other creatures tha looks more like the UW unit as kurnoth aligned and more "wood" units sylvaneths and alarielle aligned. 

18 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Book 1 came with four heroes

Book 2 came with Trugg, the Big Pig, two more Ironjawz foot heroes and two new unit kits.

I honestly don't know why people are acting like Book 3 is going to come with two hero units or whatever, tops. These narrative series usually start slow and build momentum from there. Broken Realms not only included huge 2nd waves for LRL and Slaanesh, it also gave us Kragnos, Belakor, Lord Kroak and the Slaanesh Twins on top of a bunch of random smaller heroes. Not to mention Cursed City and Soulblight Gravelords being released alongside.

If it's a "There's too much stuff" thing, then keep in mind that CoS will mostly likely go on Pre-Order next week and 40K releases are going to be fairly subdued the rest of the year, two codex releases that no one is expecting a ton of models for and like a Kill Team. Epic is coming but that's more something that's going to push back TOW than anything AoS related. FEC, Book 4 and the next round of underworlds/warcry teams will probably not release until next year. Things aren't that bad, really.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1