The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Also I feel like every special occasion mini is a gal (Warhammer+, event model (ok, they can keep that ugly gal), Warhammer Underworlds warband etc.). But w/e, it‘s a personal preference, that topic was discussed here ages ago already. 

In the last two years there have been 16 commemorative series models. 3 of them have been female. On the Underworlds front if you only count humans, Duardin and Aelves it's 32 out of 84 that read as female.  (Do Orruks even have a gender?) I think that's actually a pretty healthy average. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

55 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

GW already uses AI, maybe you didn't notice it because you are english native, but their translations are clearly using AI. An example, the CoS tome includes the word bolter. How the hell you end with a bolter in CoS if it is not something automated?

In which language? The translations I have read seemed pretty natural and they frequently even translated names non-literally, which AI translations cannot do.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

In which language? The translations I have read seemed pretty natural and they frequently even translated names non-literally, which AI translations cannot do.

In Spanish. It is a common feeling between some members of the Sigmaroteca (wiki), but I guess you can include some sort of names translation (I noticed Chat GPT added this, as I've been using it for the Dawnbringer shorts due to layziness).

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have the same feeling lately.

I mean, way way WAY less than half the models in the game are female. A quick look at the store shows me about 190 female models out of the roughly 1665 non terrain and endless spell models. Now that's a REALLY rough count, but its clear the disparity is enormous. It seems kind of ridiculous to be complaining about more female models when they're clearly in the extreme minority.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

We have been so spoiled with Warcry and Underworlds lately i dont know what to expect from this preview. My bet is we wont be seeing any FEC yet. I guess we will be seeing this model this lady of ruin soon. This could be the chaos book. How sure are we about the next book being Order focussed?

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

In Spanish. It is a common feeling between some members of the Sigmaroteca (wiki), but I guess you can include some sort of names translation (I noticed Chat GPT added this, as I've been using it for the Dawnbringer shorts due to layziness).

No IA. They use a translator program to make a first sheet, and then they work on.

Last dawnbrigner book had some problemstoo, like the Trucebreak settlement being called "Trucebreak" and "Breaktruce" in the same book, because in spanish we swap this kind of stuff. If it was "just" a program/IA, the whole book would have the same terminology.

Last GHB had a lot of unique words thag were not a direct translation from the english ones too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, no ****** AI in the world will ever be able to duplicate the marvelous awesominess of Venomcrawler in spanish, LA CIANARÁNTULA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Beliman said:

No IA. They use a translator program to make a first sheet, and then they work on.

Last dawnbrigner book had some problemstoo, like the Trucebreak settlement being called "Trucebreak" and "Breaktruce" in the same book, because in spanish we swap this kind of stuff. If it was "just" a program/IA, the whole book would have the same terminology.

Last GHB had a lot of unique words thag were not a direct translation from the english ones too.

Well, a translator program is kind of a IA in the end.

Just now, Holy_Diver said:

As usual, I want to think big:

chaos lord on corrupted spawn of Dracothion.
Double kit, including the Lady of Ruin.

BANG.

I've seen many of you whislisting double kits for heroes since this spear was showed, but it is me or GW is not launching many heroes double/triple... kits anymore? Specially taking in consideration big named heroes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I've seen many of you whislisting double kits for heroes since this spear was showed, but it is me or GW is not launching many heroes double/triple... kits anymore? Specially taking in consideration big named heroes.

They did it for the two big Kruleboyz monsters. and that was only at the start of this edition. I would say it's not necessarily the default, but they still do it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You mean in the recent times of the third edition?
Well, maw grunta, Brodd and Eternus. Others I can't think of.

• Like 1

Anyway.... prediction time. 

40k  - 3 Necrons characters, 1 admech character, maybe a dark angels tease. 

Kill team -  new kill team striking scorpions. New box previously seen scouts Vs striking scorpions with a single piece of scenery. It will be like the cities Vs Gorgers box. 

Old world -  Full reveal. Two starter sets, core book, some more tomb kings resins. This will be the main event of the day. 

AoS 

Dawnbringers book 3 2 kits for Kurnothi, 1 for Khorne, 1 for something else. 

Maybe an initial FEC reveal. 

It's kind of exciting that the thing we know least about is AoS. I'm ready to be surprised. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Btw beautiful article from warcom on old gw games, but I missed Dreadfleet there (not that I played it, tho)

I know it's about Warhammer Anniversary and not GW anniversary. But I wish the article had covered some of the old non Warhammer boxed likes, like Dark Future or Chainsaw Warrior for example.

I miss the days when GW did stuff that wasn't just Warhammer....