The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Akhelian knights on foot as heavy infantry.
image.png.a0102e99c31b4971c15efd19e28f0195.png

Lore wise akhelians are too important to be foot soldiers and they are bonded with sea creatures. Also I dont see how slow heavy infantry would suit in their playstyle. I can see them making more tanky thralls like those from recent WU warband.

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Aleser said:

To be fair what IDK lacks? They have small roster but it  looks fairly complete. Just rule wise they could give them adjustments so they dont depend on high tide too much. Dont get me wrong I would like see more units and there is a lot of design space but some armies need update or new kits more then them.

I don't collect IDK but maybe a Kraken. Could be a more offensive but less tanky behemoth to complement the Leviadon.

Though admittedly I am kinda hoping for an undersea Lovecraftian race (I believe they are actually in the lore as having fought with the IDK) which a Kraken would fit into.

• Like 3

Aren‘t more normal aelves for Sylvaneth a given after „Cool“athis? She‘s an awesome mini and I could imagine her to herald in a unit similar in style. 

personally I‘d rather have minis like her than those laughable goat-legged aelves they did.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Lore wise akhelians are too important to be foot soldiers and they are bonded with sea creatures. Also I dont see how slow heavy infantry would suit in their playstyle.

Heavy armour thralls or crab cavalry as heavy cavalry could be an option. Also some new akhelian heroes based on the souls morathi gave to volturnous in broken realms. 

New troop types can really help invigorate armies and change the playstyle like how the sylvaneth bugs have done so. 

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Baz said:

Heavy armour thralls or crab cavalry as heavy cavalry could be an option. Also some new akhelian heroes based on the souls morathi gave to volturnous in broken realms. 

New troop types can really help invigorate armies and change the playstyle like how the sylvaneth bugs have done so. 

100% this!

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Red plus cogs = admech? This makes me worry about Sylvaneth/Kurnothi as admech are rumoured to be only getting a single hero. 

Admech are the next codex on the 40k road map so that was always a given. Doesn't impact AoS reveals one way or another though.

There’s a few logical reasons for this preview to be small for AoS:

There’s another preview in a month. 

The Cities of Sigmar full range will be releasing soon and will take up a lot of oxygen. 

There’s been no leaks/rumors of any range expansion for an army.

I’m expecting 4 medium sized heroes. It seems like Sylvaneth, Stormcast, and Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness have been confirmed. Based solely on the harbingers, I’d guess Fyreslayers or Nurgle as the fourth. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, madmac said:

Admech are the next codex on the 40k road map so that was always a given. Doesn't impact AoS reveals one way or another though.

That's not the point I was making. 40k are rumoured to get three kits for Necrons and one for admech but the marketing team chose to highlight the smaller release. It doesn't necessarily mean anything but I was hoping that the Sylvaneth teaser  indicated that they would be the main release of book 3. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmorley21 said:

The Cities of Sigmar full range will be releasing soon and will take up a lot of oxygen. 

Why would Cities be previewed when they have already revealed the whole range?

Have you not seen the Flesheater Courts leaks and rumours?

Just now, PJetski said:

He didn't say that. He said that this book is a small one, like Broken Realms Be'lakor was a small one.

• Thanks 1

Just now, PJetski said:

FEC might get their limited edition box previewed, but I could also see that waiting to November. It’s pretty clear the next Dawnbringers isn’t them.

I don’t expect Cities to be in the preview, but I do expect previewed stuff to release with Cities or at least before the next preview show. So it’s a limited window with one already massive AoS release.

8 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

There’s a few logical reasons for this preview to be small for AoS:

There’s another preview in a month. 

I’m expecting 4 medium sized heroes. It seems like Sylvaneth, Stormcast, and Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness have been confirmed. Based solely on the harbingers, I’d guess Fyreslayers or Nurgle as the fourth. 

Yeah maybe but I'm kind of over the random hero release. This has been the trend since the end of first edition. It's time for the random unit. Grave guard for soulblight, Temple guard for Seraphon, Man-eaters for Ogors, Minotaurs for BoC, Gholems for all the Duardin, a big mob of creepers for sons of Behemat etc etc. Ironjawz have set the standard for surprise end of edition updates and I don't want to go back. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Chikout said:

Yeah maybe but I'm kind of over the random hero release. This has been the trend since the end of first edition. It's time for the random unit. Grave guard for soulblight, Temple guard for Seraphon, Man-eaters for Ogors, Minotaurs for BoC, Gholems for all the Duardin, a big mob of creepers for sons of Behemat etc etc. Ironjawz have set the standard for surprise end of edition updates and I don't want to go back. 

They did this with the wolves for Gloomspite, so not impossible. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

And what could the skaven get mmmh…

30 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So much this. I'm reaching the point of being aggressively over random hero releases, so much so that I've largely even moved on from underworlds in favor of Warcry. Like the new Deepkin team is nice, sure, but do I need a new tidecaster sculpt really?

This is doubly true for random heroes packaged with fomo boxes, unless the extra units are exactly what I'm looking for I can't be bothered. Most random foot heroes are pretty useless as game play additions anyway, even as someone who buys to paint more than play I can't much be bothered these days. Give me units!

Edited by madmac
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1