The Rumour Thread

Hopefully a potential cities second wave will have some duardin, aelven or halfling units. I do like the fantasy dark elf and dwarf sculpts but I'd like to see them reimagined with similar design motifs to the new humans(and ogor). Any new destruction or death faction that's a different flavour of duardin/aelves feels like a waste to me though, there's a lot of wild and cool stuff in aos lore it feels like a shame to just have more of the same but slightly different. Give the nighthaunt a cool dwarf unit sure but I don't think we need a whole faction of that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

As it happens with most of the stuff. They arent' there until one day they are all around ruling Hammerhall out of the sudden.

I know GW try to keep the names of thier talent secret now. But I'm sure Winston Smith must work for the Lore Continuity team 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Not saying DoK don’t need some variety, ruleswise, but tbh it feels way way off to compare them to Fyreslayers or other ‘rump factions’ like that.

They’ve tons more visual variety, let alone unit types where they have:

Big centrepiece special character

2 priest heroes

2 distinct snake heroes

Duelist hero

2 line infantry units 

Elite melee unit

Elite archer unit

2 winged skirmisher units

Scout unit (Warcry shadow guys)

Magical cavalry

Monster

2 war altar variants

That’s a solid range, with the kind of diversity FS, IJ or FEC players could only dream of. A distinct-in-the-background death priest could be cool or some sort of anvil unit - always thought the CoS Executioners could be sensibly slotted into this role - but it’s a well supported range.

The case of DoK is  unique. They have a small number of kits that make an impressive number of units. The three infantry kits are all dual build and the cauldron of blood is probably the most versatile kit in all of Warhammer. One kit making 7 units is kind of crazy. 

15 hours ago, Mutton said:

DoK could really use a proper anvil unit. Something tough that can take a hit and isn't a 700 point Morathi. They don't need a 47th Hag Queen.

A few weeks ago I said that the Kurnothi Dawnbringers expansion was gonna be a hero and then a kit more could be a possibility, and a few members got angry with me... I think you must expect the same treatament with DoK and only expect a new hero.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

A few weeks ago I said that the Kurnothi Dawnbringers expansion was gonna be a hero and then a kit more could be a possibility, and a few members got angry with me... I think you must expect the same treatament with DoK and only expect a new hero.

I don't think anyone was 'angry'. We just chose to be optimistic. I still think you knew more than you were letting on. You do seem to get some kind of early notice at times. 

All that said, I think Dawnbringers might get  one more multi unit addition which will probably be Darkoath. Everything else will probably just be heroes. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We still dont know about the order vs death Warcry warbands. Kurnothi or DoK could still be part of that. SCE, Seraphon, CoS and Fyreslayers already had their Warcry 2.0 release. 

Edit: they are still selling the Khainite Shadowstalkers warband but its not a 2.0 release.

Edited by Gitzdee

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

We still dont know about the order vs death Warcry warbands. Kurnothi or DoK could still be part of that. SCE, Seraphon, CoS and Fyreslayers already had their Warcry 2.0 release. 

Edit: they are still selling the Khainite Shadowstalkers warband but its not a 2.0 release.

Yeah, thats why I said that a kit more could be a possibility. :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I agree. Imo the IJ release was an exception. I think we can expect something "bigger" for the last book, but spread across many factions, not something focused just on one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't think anyone was 'angry'. We just chose to be optimistic. I still think you knew more than you were letting on. You do seem to get some kind of early notice at times. 

All that said, I think Dawnbringers might get  one more multi unit addition which will probably be Darkoath. Everything else will probably just be heroes. 

That could be the language barrier, but I love this forum and the people here so much and that day I felt a bit sad.

Nah, I heard a few things sometimes but always very cryptic so I get wrong conclusions about the info I get

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

That could be the language barrier, but I love this forum and the people here so much and that day I felt a bit sad.

Nah, I heard a few things sometimes but always very cryptic so a lot of times I get wrong conclusions about the info I get

Anything sharable so we can speculate with some fresh cryptic stuff?

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Anything sharable so we can speculate with some fresh cryptic stuff?

I only get info about the 4 AoR factions of this book, but I didn't know the composition of the armies.
I only know that SCE was related to Vandus, but it was Ionus instead, a Magma Fyres army, a Butcher army and a Kurnothi hero army.

Other point is that I couldn't be clear so I first said the 4 emoji factions but after that I started to speculate about Slaves and Khorne because I can't be clear always, so my advise is not believe anything that I say here. 

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Nah, I heard a few things sometimes but always very cryptic so I get wrong conclusions about the info I get

Well if I was anything to do with that, I'm sorry. I just disagreed with your opinion. It turns out I was wrong. As for Vandus, it looks like he does feature in the story of book 3 so you weren't completely wrong about that part. 

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Well if I was anything to do with that, I'm sorry. I just disagreed with your opinion. It turns out I was wrong. As for Vandus, it looks like he does feature in the story of book 3 so you weren't completely wrong about that part. 

Between the Dawnbringer books and the SCE renewal rumours seems very likely we would see the revival of Vandus, and if it is handled properly it could be pretty interesting.

I can see new Vandus saving the day for the Aqshy crusade as the end of the books.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

Vandus reforged, arch celestant of the hammer of sigmar, on his mighty dracoth resculpted, with a new dracoth cavalry for the V4 box. That would be glorious 

Alongside the all new, lord arch celestant prime. Now with even more hammers (/s)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, EntMan said:

Out of curiosity, have Halflings ever been mentioned in AoS lore? Did any make it out of the old world?

Some folks who sound very halfling-esque in terms of stature etc appear as the Rockwrists, one of the native Aqshyian groups in God Eater's Son. This particular group also have periwinkle skin.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Some folks who sound very halfling-esque in terms of stature etc appear as the Rockwrists, one of the native Aqshyian groups in God Eater's Son. This particular group also have periwinkle skin.

I forget the name of the novel, it's the BL story collection for the first underworlds location set in Ulgu, but there's a quick reference to halflings in describing a crowd of onlookers in one of them. That's the kind of thing that could have easily just slipped past an editor though, there's no solid lore references to halflings that I'm aware of.

• Thanks 1