The Rumour Thread

Is gormayne a named character? Don't think there will be a named character in the army box, even if this kind of small hero is often present in theses boxes. Maybe an aborrant ghoul prince or someting like this? 

But for the troops, 2X10 battlelines and a smaller elite unit (cavalry, monster, etc) is always the safest bet 

Edited by Vagard

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

Have GW given any indication when the old kits might be coming back? Is it just going to be Brets and Tomb Kings to start and a wait for everything else? 

I'm not bothered at this stage about when other factions will get new stuff, just want to know when the old models will return.

I doubt it's just Bretonnians and Tomb Kings to start with, especially when a number of those armies you could still build via current 'AoS' kits anyway. 

My guess is they'd return the same time as all the new stuff goes up for pre-order. They're bringing back most of the reboxed AT/AI stuff alongside Legions Imperialis on Saturday, for instance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Is gormayne a named character? Don't think there will be a named character in the army box, even if this kind of small hero is often present in theses boxes. Maybe an aborrant ghoul prince or someting like this? 

Initially I thought that it was just a copyright name like with some characters but you're probably right. However, Votann had a dual-kit with named option in their army set so it's not completely out of question if judge is also a dual-kit.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vagard said:

But for the troops, 2X10 battlelines and a smaller elite unit (cavalry, monster, etc) is always the safest bet 

Grand Justice Goremayne isn’t far from some of the other noble titles but the article seems to talk about him as a particular dude, one associated with the ‘New Summercourt’.

It’s distinct from the way they talked about the Gorewarden last week. He could be something like a travelling judge, dispensed by the Summerking to the courts of his various feudal vassals.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Death Order in the court!

rTBSuV15dM5DqJC2.jpg

syURGXQN4nrINaeA.jpg

The intestine wig is beyond inspired.

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA THIS MODEL IS AMAZING!!!! While I admit I was expecting a priest (heck I even posted that decision on here) I cannot deny that this Grand Justice doesn't tickle me interest. Easily the best thing about him is his intestine "powdered" wig, since it's just so over the top and gruesome and I can't wait to paint it as his court marches alongside my sons and daughters of the desert.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sarges said:

So what do you think the contents of the army set will be? Compared to previous sets I'm guessing something like this:
- Abhorrant Gorewarden:
- Grand Justice Gormayne:
- 2x10 "Palace Guards":
- 3-5 bat riders that were hinted by @Whitefang.
image.png.2036f1ce04352ff2a331c8348fef8d23.png

Whitefang hinted that the we would have most of the court members, so I see them similar to the recently launched CoS Command Corpse, hence I don't see the judge joining the box.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, michu said:

Yeah, I think it will be "all old minis are back at the same time" and you will have to wait only for the new kits

GW recently had lot of stock/ production problems. I think it would be a phased launch starting just with Bretonia and TK and slowly including more factions.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Command Corpse

The more we see FeC reveal, the less I expect a command corpse. 

It is indeed a very good idea to have a group of heroes each with its personnal ability and personnality but I don't see neither the judge in this unit if it is named, nor the winged one as it is more like a hero hunter in his lore : alone at the borders chasing trespassers

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That new FEC mini is absolutely amazing. I loved their backstory already anyways but such minis make me appreciate the whole faction even more. I feel like they've got the best background theme of all. It's funny, it's disturbing, it's perplexing and can be pushed into each direction... a true hattrick IMO!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA THIS MODEL IS AMAZING!!!! While I admit I was expecting a priest (heck I even posted that decision on here) I cannot deny that this Grand Justice doesn't tickle me interest. Easily the best thing about him is his intestine "powdered" wig, since it's just so over the top and gruesome and I can't wait to paint it as his court marches alongside my sons and daughters of the desert.

"Has the imperial magistrate reached a verdict?" I can hear Roger C. Carmel's voice... might not help that I love the G1 Transformers.

edit: Ah, drat, I gotta share this now anyways...

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 3

Quite interesting that the article implies that the new judge Character sometimes sees the world for what it really is, and puts the courtiers that notice this phenomenon on a rigged trial.

Wonder how this will work in the narrative going forward. Maybe some FEC quite like this delusion and are aware of it's existence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Quite interesting that the article implies that the new judge Character sometimes sees the world for what it really is

I just re-read that bit. Oh, the jump from amusing, to grimdark depressing happened really quick there.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I like the new judge,a bit sad that is a special character and not a generic option to be fair.

Hoping if these 2 reveals are the appetizer for the whole fec wave it will be a great feast of new units also.

Who knows, there may be a generic version, maybe with a less fancy wig.

• Haha 1