The Rumour Thread

My Wild Card Guess is that this is the base of a Luthor Harkon remake for a new AoS Vampire Pirates led by the Mortarch of the Abyss.

My logical guess is that this is for a piece of terrain wildly unrelated to anything in any system and just another red herring in the net. It could be for Warcry, but the units are Ogres and High Elves and the skeleton and fire is i consequential. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goatforce said:

I wish that they had made the Ghoul Kings and Archregent a little more powerful and pricey. Seems odd that they are not that big a step up over a Courtier.

Otherwise looks good!

The commemorative series one is a Ghoul King, right? Nothing special cause his "crown of dellusion", right?

Just now, Asbestress said:

Something I realised; unless this is the backside of a mini, this can't be Cities, since all their minis have the wind blowing to the right, but the paper here is being blown to the left.

Do you think it is something that is going to be a pattern for future miniatures as well? I honestly doubt it. It would be such a big limit in terms of scuplting... I think would be something exclusive from the castellite related minis.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do you think it is something that is going to be a pattern for future miniatures as well? I honestly doubt it. It would be such a big limit in terms of scuplting... I think would be something exclusive from the castellite related minis.

Only one where the wind is blowing to the left I can think of is Doralia ven Denst, although I think she was only sculpted that way so that she looks good paired up with Galen.

Just now, Asbestress said:

Only one where the wind is blowing to the left I can think of is Doralia ven Denst, although I think she was only sculpted that way so that she looks good paired up with Galen.

The Wildercorps Hunters are "wind agnostics", for example, and I would include them as part of the last big wave.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The Wildercorps Hunters are "wind agnostics", for example, and I would include them as part of the last big wave.

Didn't see that, thanks!

Looking through the BT again, at least some of the Cavalier details and the Fusilier helper's banner is also blowing the left.

Consider my wind-based opinion nullified 😅

• Haha 9

12 hours ago, EntMan said:

What's going on with the skeleton's hand? Looks like it has a huge claw or something...Screenshot_20231202-164929.png.2b747d1d7e6c3eaabc215b30fc64bdd0.png

The close up really does make it seem like a pipe the poor soul is attached onto. I feel like that makes this feel much more like something in the 40k universe. I do think the hand gives the impression of a mutation, I am sticking to my speculation that it is a Black Templar model or possibly Grey Knights burning the remains of a heretic/mutant. 

12 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

The seal part of the purity seal doesn't look typically 40k to me. Of course it could be something new so who knows.

I was looking at the Sisters of Battle and mostly see the Fleur-de-lis presented in their iconography. Are there specific models featuring the cross motif to compare with? I still think Black Templars seem the most likely but would be happy to be proven wrong and seeing something other than Space Marines getting love.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I was looking at the Sisters of Battle and mostly see the Fleur-de-lis presented in their iconography. Are there specific models featuring the cross motif to compare with? I still think Black Templars seem the most likely but would be happy to be proven wrong and seeing something other than Space Marines getting love.

It's the wrong kind of cross for the Black Templars, theirs is a Maltese Cross. It's seems unlikely that any cross appearing on a Black Templars mini would be otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

What are you talking about, there's literally a Vampire who looks exactly like this already available (well, it'll be available in just under two weeks). Look:

60010207002_FECArmyBoxedSet1.jpg?fm=webp

Decided to check how will he look with that beard above and, well...
image.png.63619331165bd95b5dfa248056804d58.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4