The Rumour Thread

We really should have organised a letter writing campaign to ask them to split the voting into categories this year! I completely forgot that this was a thing. 

I think 40k wins on numbers alone, but I agree it's great that our system has a plethora of options for best model, even if that splits the vote. It does seem as though the most famous space marine always wins, even if the model isn't that great. 40k has very dynamic stuff like the new carnifex, but it's not a space marine, so gets overlooked!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Snarff said:

For sure! It's also always a big centrepiece model that wins now, even if there have been extremely cool units and heroes released as well.

Kinda makes sense that those big center pieces are the ones winning, they are literally made to be the eye catching minis.

2 minutes ago, RandyRyan said:

And the tri-lobe Nurgle symbols… sorry Skaven

Well, we basically know that Skaven are getting new stuff in 6 months or so, or as close as can be without outright confirmation.

I wonder if that means it is 40K or if Nurgle is getting more in Dawnbringers 5?

7 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Well, we basically know that Skaven are getting new stuff in 6 months or so, or as close as can be without outright confirmation.

I wonder if that means it is 40K or if Nurgle is getting more in Dawnbringers 5?

If it would be just the book, imo it could be Skaven, but adding the larvs... too much.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Kinda makes sense that those big center pieces are the ones winning, they are literally made to be the eye catching minis.

Doesn't mean that non centrepiece models don't deserve an equal amount of appreciation. Multiple categories could allow those to shine as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Has anyone tried fitting a Freeguild Cavalier helmeted head onto a Stormcast? I wondered if the heads are too small, or since the Cavaliers are much taller than the Steelhelms, I hoped they'd be a nice fit

Stormcast have giant bodies but their heads are sized the same as everything else. I've headswapped many things onto storm cast and it looks great.  I think it would be fine.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

We really should have organised a letter writing campaign to ask them to split the voting into categories this year! I completely forgot that this was a thing. 

I think 40k wins on numbers alone, but I agree it's great that our system has a plethora of options for best model, even if that splits the vote. It does seem as though the most famous space marine always wins, even if the model isn't that great. 40k has very dynamic stuff like the new carnifex, but it's not a space marine, so gets overlooked!

Over on Bolter and Chainsword there's a lot of love for the Harbinger of Decay. And lots of acknowledgement that overall AoS has had the best models this year.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Snarff said:

They should really just make separate AoS and 40K categories (and maybe even separate votes).

No harm in it, both settings get more love, GW gets to show off even more of their models, everybody happy.

This. By all means also have a best overall, so that 40k people can feel special, but I want to know what the most popular AoS mini is.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Nurgle daemon warband for underworlds like slaanesh got?

• Like 6

Yeah I think tiered/category voting would be great. I'm always torn by these votes as I'm also wanting to big up factions I'm interested in so GW see they are popular. There have been so many great kits this year and centrepiece models wouldn't be the first I'd vote for. The lictor redo is awesome and looks like a wonderful, versatile kit. The Harbringer of Decay and the mounted CoS Marshall are beautiful models I'd be tempted to buy just to paint up, they are stunning. I also really like the Votann killteam kit though as it is so fun and characterful and adds a lot for so little..

I mean you go through the list and there are so many kits that you think .. oh thats a belter as well! Being able to give a wider spread fo votes would be much better!

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Btw, are we still waiting for 2 new warbands before the end of the year? 

image.png.7b72f6ecb6a05a16cb03f071a89f3477.png

Is it the roumored lumineth vs OBR (hinted by whitefang if i remember)

We're getting two warbands in Winter but they probably won't arrive until January or February. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Btw, are we still waiting for 2 new warbands before the end of the year? 

image.png.7b72f6ecb6a05a16cb03f071a89f3477.png

Is it the roumored lumineth vs OBR (hinted by whitefang if i remember)

That's weird. I doubt we would get them announced on the next preview, but at least this time it is saying 23-24 on the roadmap, so we would get them announced in Jan.

9 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah I think tiered/category voting would be great. I'm always torn by these votes as I'm also wanting to big up factions I'm interested in so GW see they are popular. There have been so many great kits this year and centrepiece models wouldn't be the first I'd vote for. The lictor redo is awesome and looks like a wonderful, versatile kit. The Harbringer of Decay and the mounted CoS Marshall are beautiful models I'd be tempted to buy just to paint up, they are stunning. I also really like the Votann killteam kit though as it is so fun and characterful and adds a lot for so little..

I mean you go through the list and there are so many kits that you think .. oh thats a belter as well! Being able to give a wider spread fo votes would be much better!

pictures would help...i have to 'google' the models from the list to actually make a fair compairsion

• Like 3

So with the miniature of the year poll out  , we can safely say that 2023 year releases are over  : I counted 51 entries for AoS in the poll and it's probably the best performance for AoS of every time/since its launch ! 🏆🥇

We already know that early 2024 will bring FEC full release and Dawnbringers book 4 featuring Ushoran , but what next ??

I have been counting the " minatures for at least 12 factions" and I come up with the following :

1) Fyreslayers - Harbinger

2) Nurgle - Harbinger

3) Fec - Harbinger + Ushoran

4) Gloomspite - Harbinger + Thrugg

5) Orruk warclans - 5 ironjawz kits

6) Stormcast -  Ionus

7) Sylvaneth - Belathanos

Based on hints , rumors and rumor engines 

8 ) Slaves to darkness - Lady of Ruin

9 ) Daughters of Khaine - Morai Heg

10) Ossiarch - Morghast hero

11) Khorne - Kul ascended

12) Skaven - Plague priest 

What do you think ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So with the miniature of the year poll out  , we can safely say that 2023 year releases are over  : I counted 51 entries for AoS in the poll and it's probably the best performance for AoS of every time/since its launch ! 🏆🥇

We already know that early 2024 will bring FEC full release and Dawnbringers book 4 featuring Ushoran , but what next ??

I have been counting the " minatures for at least 12 factions" and I come up with the following :

1) Fyreslayers - Harbinger

2) Nurgle - Harbinger

3) Fec - Harbinger + Ushoran

4) Gloomspite - Harbinger + Thrugg

5) Orruk warclans - 5 ironjawz kits

6) Stormcast -  Ionus

7) Sylvaneth - Belathanos

Based on hints , rumors and rumor engines 

8 ) Slaves to darkness - Lady of Ruin

9 ) Daughters of Khaine - Morai Heg

10) Ossiarch - Morghast hero

11) Khorne - Kul ascended

12) Skaven - Plague priest 

What do you think ?

Depending on what we get on the following preview CoS could be present as well with Callis and Toll as they have been appearing during the series.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I think someone on here suggested there would be 13 factions represented in total, and they listed them all out in emoji form, although I wouldn’t be able to cite that. 

That was @Nezzhil, who suggested the other six would be: Khorne, StD, OBR, CoS, DoK and Skaven.

When I asked if they were "teasing or speculating", they replied "Both, always both", so... take that as you will.