The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Was pondering this myself. I'd like to see them expanded upon as well. 

I always found it extremely odd that even though they have lil grenades it's their melee attack that gets exploding 6s?... 🤔

And there's the whole "War of the Broken Promise" tension betwixt krulies and chorfs with hobs playing both sides.

Super curious to see where they ends up going with that. 

Also, not being a huge chorfs fan or knowing too much, could they actually be a destro alliance army after all? I don't have any reason but I think Kragnos will end up playing  part in chorfs somehow. They're all about the duardin centaurs as well iirc. 

We'll see eventually. 🤘

Doesn't destruction have to worship gorkamorka.  And I rather of seen skaven go to destruction than chaos.  Over chaos dwarves

19 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

Don't you dare!

So it continues. 

On the Thirteenth day of Christmas, GW previewed me:

Thirteen Holy Hand-grenades 
Twelve Krule Kudgels 
Eleven Astartes Scabbards 

Ten Ossiarch Boneclaws
Nine Nighthaunt Vaping
Eight Servo Calculators
Seven Grotbags Scuttling
Six Sickly Casters
FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yeah, I am also expecting and hoping for a second wave for CoS. Hopefully somewhere in 2024. New flagellants, War altar, Warrior priests, A infantry unit based on the Arch-knight aesthetics and a unit of Arch-knights mounted on something like demigryphs. It doesn't need to demigryphs solong as it is something monstrous mountlike. Also CoS Aelves and dwarves units would be cool too.

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Nah, remember the lead-up to AoS3 and we had weeks of “Visions of the Beast” engines every week that slowly pieced together the Kruleboyz reveal up to the trailer?

IMG_1928.png?ex=658ce121&is=657a6c21&hm=
IMG_1929.png?ex=658ce3ae&is=657a6eae&hm=
IMG_1930.png?ex=658ce3ae&is=657a6eae&hm=

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/27/the-rumour-engine-visions-of-beasts-part-10/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/28/the-rumour-engine-visions-of-beasts-part-11/

You can’t tell me that exact set-up wouldn’t be perfect to reveal mysterious new Skaven lurking about preparing a new assualt on Order the Stormcast are scouting out with their celestial equipment(more rumor engine shards). 😁

These Christmas advents are likely something sooner than AoS4.

Uhhh, I totally forgot about those! Would be awesome to get them back.

45 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, I am also expecting and hoping for a second wave for CoS. Hopefully somewhere in 2024. New flagellants, War altar, Warrior priests, A infantry unit based on the Arch-knight aesthetics and a unit of Arch-knights mounted on something like demigryphs. It doesn't need to demigryphs solong as it is something monstrous mountlike. Also CoS Aelves and dwarves units would be cool too.

I don't think we would see more Arch-knights, sadly. Otherwise it would loose its uniqueness from the command corps.

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I don't think we would see more Arch-knights, sadly. Otherwise it would loose its uniqueness from the command corps.

I doesn't have to be Arch-knights, but something that would work as heavy human infantry and a new design for demigryph knights.

Dont think we will be seeing more CoS anytime soon. It just released and already have warband for both underworlds and warcry.

Edit: i actually think the old empire was pretty much "AoS" already with the steamtanks, demigryphs and gryphon. I almost feel like they actually toned it down a bit and made it more grimdark.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Arch-knight is also the name of the cavalier’s unit champion (the one in the command corps I basically see as an unmounted champion) so I agree it’s unlikely we’d see a whole unit of them.

4 hours ago, flying_dutchman said:

Doesn't destruction have to worship gorkamorka.  And I rather of seen skaven go to destruction than chaos.  Over chaos dwarves

Grots don't worship gorkamorka and neither do gargants, that being said Hashut is a chaos God so I don't see chaos dwarves being destruction, maybe hobgrots can just be taken in both KB and chaos dwarf army lists though.

14 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Grots don't worship gorkamorka and neither do gargants, that being said Hashut is a chaos God so I don't see chaos dwarves being destruction, maybe hobgrots can just be taken in both KB and chaos dwarf army lists though.

Gloomspite lore constantly brings up how they worship Mork and how the Bad Moon is tied to Gorkamorka. And the Sons of Behemat all respect Gorkamorka because he was the Big Heel (boss) of Behemat. There are even Beastsmasher Mega-Gargants driven so crazy by the Waaagh! energy that they believe themselves to be Gork and/or Mork. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Gloomspite lore constantly brings up how they worship Mork and how the Bad Moon is tied to Gorkamorka. And the Sons of Behemat all respect Gorkamorka because he was the Big Heel (boss) of Behemat. There are even Beastsmasher Mega-Gargants driven so crazy by the Waaagh! energy that they believe themselves to be Gork and/or Mork. 

The new Ogor lore is moving to the Gulping God since last months. We can say that it is not that Gorkamorka-centric than before

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Clearly Chaos Dwarves . . .

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It is clearly a cog fort.

2 hours ago, Vagard said:

I would rather say void things... Tricky one for sure

Sorry to disappoint you all, but a skull with fancy bits around it, it's clearly Silent People, perfect match. I can't believe WarCom were so obvious with this, left us no room for guessing...image.png.8cc6d46043d00e100c6d6e57a96a6477.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

11 hours ago, lele said:

Based on advent engine, i guess we will have Cities vs Skaven box in 4.0

I‘d like that but I fear it‘s going to be Stormcast. I‘d love to see a mixed force of SCE with new Cities units fighting Skaven, Beastmen or Malerion, actually, maybe defending their city or something as the story. That‘s even more unrealistic as it would feature 3 instead of 2 forces but it would be a sexy set and then GW wouldn‘t have to do multiple kits for the same Stormcast updates (pushfits for the starter set and then whole new multipart kits for the actual release)… I‘m actually interested how the older SCE units get redesigned now though. I like pretty much all iterations but the newer stuff is cooler.

I hope AoS 4 will encourage mixing forces more. I really love mixing super-elites with normal dudes/gals but that‘s perhaps just me but it instantly sets up a cool narrative. Like when space marines come to save the day and guardsmen see them. It‘s a wonderful visual to me.