The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Talking about rumours, has the guy from TG posted more "when he is able" or is he still not able to post more ? (Will he ever post more ?)

image.png.f81f39bc1bb898cc655c98817c5a5369.png

33 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is fake

Most likely but I have given my thought of reasons behind that somewhere…

still hopes are really high that there will be skaven

Is there still doubt that Skaven will not be in the 4th edition box? I thought Whitefang confirmed it. If Skaven are in the 4th edition box, there will be a lot of new stuff for them in that box and in the months after 4th. I expect fantastic times for Skaven players.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Is there still doubt that Skaven will not be in the 4th edition box? I thought Whitefang confirmed it. If Skaven are in the 4th edition box, there will be a lot of new stuff for them in that box and in the months after 4th. I expect fantastic times for Skaven players.

Yeah, the box would be Stormcast vs Skaven 110%.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, the box would be Stormcast vs Skaven 110%.

Yes , and Whitefang confirmed the remake of the warrior chamber in thunderstrike armour! 

Clan eshin refresh is my bet for the Skaven side.

However we need an updated AoS roadmap: come on GW ! ;)

AoS_Roadmap_Q2-2023-768x432.jpg.webp

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

This gets brought up by fans sometimes but there’s never been any evidence for it for artists and writers (where it’s better attributed to GW business and marketing practices), and it’s especially inaccurate for sculptors. They regularly feature interviews on WHC and in WD where folks like Maxime Pastourel talk about particular minis they’ve done and design choices they’ve made.

It still happened and it’s why GW moved away from crediting specific creators. Matt ended up taking two years off of work because of the stress from the harassment. Over a game of toy soldiers.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

There is. While there are certainly tons of rumours stating the skaven will be the next starter, remember this isn’t the first time.

we had those rumors in 1.0 for the new edition and it was the same for 2.0 when speculation started how 3.0 will look like.

is it possible that skaven will be the mext starter faction, well it is highly, but that doesnmt mean that that will be the case.

i have given up on believing in rumors about the skaven a few years ago, and while I don’t doubt the possibility of it being true I doubt in the certainty everybody brings with them when believing in that rumor.

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I cant wait for @Skreech Verminking and @Garrac to get their Skaven updates in 4.0 Yes-Yes!! The joy I felt at the Sons reveal was immense and hope it surpases that for you!!

Oh I will be joyful if it is true😁😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

There is. While there are certainly tons of rumours stating the skaven will be the next starter, remember this isn’t the first time.

we had those rumors in 1.0 for the new edition and it was the same for 2.0 when speculation started how 3.0 will look like.

is it possible that skaven will be the mext starter faction, well it is highly, but that doesnmt mean that that will be the case.

i have given up on believing in rumors about the skaven a few years ago, and while I don’t doubt the possibility of it being true I doubt in the certainty everybody brings with them when believing in that rumor.

Whitefang reacted to this. What more do you need ? There's only half a year to go ! 🙂

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Oh I will be joyful if it is true😁😉

Whitefang never failed us. And he literally just liked my post about Stormcast vs Skaven 110%. For me, this is as valid as a GW post showing the box.

• Like 5

What do you think, guys? Would we have a rumour engine fully dedicated to the 4th ed launch box like we had with the Visions of Beasts?

The Rumour Engine: Visions of Beasts – Part 1 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

This was launched 11 days before the box was shown:

Warhammer Preview Online: Unboxing Dominion - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Whitefang never failed us. And he literally just liked my post about Stormcast vs Skaven 110%. For me, this is as valid as a GW post showing the box.

Whitefang has been wrong a few times i believe (or unclear). But i doubt this rumour is wrong with only a few months to go. I am grateful for the life he/she breathes into tga.

Edited by Gitzdee

19 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Folks, the mini of the year is a bit of fun, it's not life and death. 

We should celebrate the fact that we had so many amazing models to choose from instead of being bitter the popular vote won. 

It's not like because of that, 40k will now get more model releases next year! 

Never suggested it is a big deal. Yet it's pointless to vote for AoS minis. You are free to have fun and vote for a mini that will not win.

SPOILER ALERT

Miniature of the Year 2024 goes to...

40k hero model! Who could have guessed that? (applause)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

38 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Whitefang has been wrong a few times i believe (or unclear). But i doubt this rumour is wrong with only a few months to go. I am grateful for the life he/she breathes into tga.

Pretty much what @Gitzdeesaid.

whitefang has been wrong in the past, while those times certainly have been quite few in numbers, skaven so far seemed to have been the majority of wrong rumours (although not just by whitefang)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I'd be curious to know of any examples where our Great Oracle got it wrong... I still remember that he was 100% correct in his predictions (since 2019 from memory, with new chaos warriors/knights at the beginning).

Yes me too, I can't remember them being wrong, but that doesn't mean they weren't ever.

They are often cryptic so us getting their hints wrong is probably more common.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I'd be curious to know of any examples where our Great Oracle got it wrong... I still remember that he was 100% correct in his predictions (since 2019 from memory, with new chaos warriors/knights at the beginning).

Dont know if this is wrong or just hasnt been shown yet. The mystical Spider incarnate has yet to show its face. The RE from 2022-09-13 is now the longest unsolved rumour. I think there was supposed to be a Season of War Gallet at some point and they scrapped the idea. We did get Galletian rules too with a ghb i think it was. This is the one that still bothers me to this day, i love my Spiderfang and they need a new friend.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, Whitefang said:

Spider incarnate is connected to gallet

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont know if this is wrong or just hasnt been shown yet. The mystical Spider incarnate has yet to show its face. I think there was supposed to be a Season of War Gallet at some point and they scrapped the idea. We did get Galletian rules too at some point with a ghb i think it was. This is the one that still bothers me to this day XD.

Incarnate are produced at China and most of the production there was stopped abruptaly. That's the reason that if you want faction terrain you must wait until 6 months to have the opportunity again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Was it Whitefang that teased multiple kits for IDK and FS back when Fury of the Deep was about to release or was that somebody else? I think I remember a Whitefang like on a comment that suggested like 3 IDK and 2 FS kits, but my memory could definitely be wrong.

27 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

The mystical Spider incarnate has yet to show its face.

In this particular case, I wonder if he didn't just answer about the lore aspect and not to announce any news. But I could be wrong (which is what happens when you have to decipher forbidden knowledge 😛).

@Snarff : I seem to remember, once again, that he just posted the picture of lava falling into the sea to imply the Fury of the deep box.

Edited by Draznak

Often times our good friend simply likes posts because they are interesting, and people will take it as a hint of a rumour.

For example leading up to the release of a book someone might propose a cool unit, and Whitefang joins in on the likes. Then everyone sees that as a confirmation of the proposed unit when in fact it is simply a cool concept.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

There have been rumors of skaven being the next aos starter faction for pretty much every edition.

And If I remember correctly one of them was from whitefang, although I’m not certain about it and might be pointing fingers at the wrong guy.

in theory there was then the so called eshin update that whitefang announced at some point in 3rd before our book came out, and personally this isn’t something we can blame-fault him specifically I would say.

if I remember correctly he stated that skaven will be getting a small eshin update (which was sadly very small) but somehow that rumor got twisted into we are getting new gutter/night runners, edit: not by him of course better said, we skaven players took it too positive and started announcing things.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I genuinely can't think of a single time they've been wrong.

They were right about Stormcast dragons, about cities including the Ogor mini which noone would ever guess, about  the new Kurnoth mini being Kurnothi but not in the way we wanted about a Skaven Vs Sylvaneth box and a Fyreslayer Vs Idoneth box. They were right about the creeper on the King Brodd model and countless other things I've forgotten. The only possible thing I can think of is the spider incarnate but we still haven't seen that rumour engine revealed so it could have been delayed or cancelled. 

The recent surprise is the confused react they gave to @Nezzhil's saying the TG rumour was fake. Looks like there might be more to explore there. 

@Snarff Whitefang just shared a fire and water picture. TG jumped on it to guess kits. That was nothing to do with Whitefang. The same is true with the earlier Skaven rumours. Whitefang just showed a picture of a mouse eating leaves. The speculation about kits came from elsewhere. 

• Like 10