The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Sylvaneth, LRL, DoK all getting significant kit support since their initial range launch as well as continued narrative focus.

IDK had no battletome or model release in all of 2nd edition. In 3rd they've had a battletome and a single foot hero.

They are the most neglected faction released specifically for AoS.

yes idoneth case is starting to smell pretty bad. every other faction at least got some small hero or endless spells. but idoneth is the only aos factios that is even more ignored than old fantasy ones ( even beast of chaos got endless and terrain new). and the only faction without a book for a whole edittion in whole AOS history... that says enough.

i really hope all this get fixed in next eddittion, with a propper realease ( not only 1 warcry band) with 1-2 heros and 2 units minimun to make up for the past threatment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Skaven are definitely coming, but they will probably be in a hachette magazine in the future so if money's tight you could go Kroot now and Skaven next year when they are cheaper. 

Just now, Garrac said:

Ummm ok, you keep telling me that, what were the original posts liked by Whitefang? Can't find them.

Personally I’m going to say this.

so far we have hopes wishlist and some rumors hinting towards skaven.

will it be the faction that will finally see some sort of update this year?

maybe.

i actually don’t know we are certainly the army that is direy in need of an update. And hes I would even say should have the right before any other eldar faction to get an update at this point (sorry eldar we just have more units that need one then you.)

but gw is quit unpredictable, and this wouldn’t be the first time a rumor of the skaven would have been false. 

should you keep your money for the rumored upcoming skaven release. Personally I can’t tell you what is best for you.

I’m personally keeping some money on the side for the chance the rumors might be true, but at the same time I might go for auxilia if it isn’t.

in the end you would have to decide by yourself if it is worth the wait for something we don’t know is coming

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Who are they? Melerion aelves? Chorfs?

Since he said 30 years, probably Chaos Dwarfs who had their book released in 1994.

Except it wasn't even a proper army book really, it was a compilation of White Dwarf articles put together into a book. 

Just now, BarakUrbaz said:

Since he said 30 years, probably Chaos Dwarfs who had their book released in 1994.

Except it wasn't even a proper army book really, it was a compilation of White Dwarf articles put together into a book. 

1994 was not a proper supplement. It lacks content like Magic items and profiles, and the book was released like a WD compendium.

2 hours ago, Glutos said:

they also had an underworlds warband in the deathgorge corebox

Personally I don't count those as releases for AoS as they don't add anything to the army. 

IDK need some serious love or they risk becoming a forgotten army.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Personally I don't count those as releases for AoS as they don't add anything to the army. 

IDK need some serious love or they risk becoming a forgotten army.

Could it be something based on sales? I have no clue, but maybe it is not one of the best-selling factions. That and the fact that has a decent core could make GW put them a bit on the side?

3 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

So, remember that dozen factions for Dawnbringers?

Book 1: Fyreslayers, Flesh Eater Courts, Gloomspite Gitz, Nurgle

Book 2: Ironjawz, Gloomspite Gitz 

Book 3: Stormcast Eternals, Sylvaneth

Book 4: Flesh Eater Courts, Soulblight Gravelords

Book 5: Daughters of Khaine, Cities of Sigmar

So that only leaves 2 more factions (which I presume will be Slaves to Darkness and Blades of Khorne for Her Highness in Ruin and Khorgos Khul).  Also makes me realize that so far after the first book every book has only ever given new models to two factions at a time. 

Dunno, I hope dawn bringer 5 is more than "mrs. No-one-asked-for".
At the end of 3rd I wanna coount how many order models GW put out, compared to other factions.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Could it be something based on sales? I have no clue, but maybe it is not one of the best-selling factions. That and the fact that has a decent core could make GW put them a bit on the side?

I think they are selling fine, from tournament results you can see they have pretty ok representation for one specific aelf faction. I really think they will get some love in 4th. Calling them forgoten is joke. They got 2 WU warbands and 2 single heroes, It is not nothing. And their range is really well rounded from start. I know there is so many ways to expand it but there is much more armies that need that before. Btw they are my favorite faction 😄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If there's a Hachette magazine. Stormbringer is not selling as GW expected, based on rumours.

You're kidding?! 5 loonsmashers for £8.99 sold out in seconds, and on ebay for double the price. Same with mollog, stabbas and stormcast chariot. Krondys for £60.

All incredible deals. 

22 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Idoneth is my bet for the next warcry band.

And seems obvious they ans fyreslayers will get a release like ironjawz in 4th

Whatever the next warcry band is: please let it be fighting against skavens.

I want rats, what can I say.

Edited by Garrac
  • Haha 1