The Rumour Thread

I wonder if this is another reason why Anvilgard was lost (other than to give Morathi a win and have consequences in the narrative), to use the paint scheme for the new chamber? Black, white and gold looks really nice on stormcast so I'm looking forward to seeing full photos!

• Like 1

I'm curious what's going to happen to Aqshy. Embergard blowing up is one thing, but I like the Great Parch and Hammerhal. I'm interested to see a few battles happen there, but hopefully not the entire thing blows up.

12 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I wonder if this is another reason why Anvilgard was lost (other than to give Morathi a win and have consequences in the narrative), to use the paint scheme for the new chamber? Black, white and gold looks really nice on stormcast so I'm looking forward to seeing full photos!

The scheme of anvils of heldenhammer? They are from sysh right? No aqshy, anvilguard is in aqshy

14 minutes ago, kaykas said:

The scheme of anvils of heldenhammer? They are from sysh right? No aqshy, anvilguard is in aqshy

It was White, Black and Red. Pretty similar to the Anvils Stormhost, indeed. In the end, they were the Stormhost of the city and Cities (prior to 3rd ed Battletome) used to wear the colour of their Stormhosts.

cities-anvilgard-1.jpg

Edited by Ejecutor

7 minutes ago, kaykas said:

The original cities of Sigmar all have a founding Stormhost that mans their associated Stormkeep. In the case of Anvilgard, it is the Anvils of the Heldenhammer. Usually the city name matches the Stormhost (Hammerhal has Hammers of Sigmar, Vindicarum has the Celestial Vindicators...).

Anyway, in AoS, everyone is from everywhere. No (sub-)faction needs to be constrained to just one Realm.

21 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

The stormcast anvil of Heldenhammer is a legion station in multiple realms not just in Anvilgard. They're also in Lethis & Greywater fastness

Also chamber don't change colors they all conform to the stormhost legion color. Chambers are the specific unit run

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It was White, Black and Red. Pretty similar to the Anvils chamber, indeed. In the end, they were the Stormhost of the city and Cities (prior 3rd ed Battletome) used to wear the colour of their Stormhosts.

cities-anvilgard-1.jpg

Ah i was in error then i tought anvils have their headquarter in a city in sysh lethis 

Interresting thing for Gitz players ; in every image of the TOW orcs and goblins army we have old water troggoth and no night goblins, could mean that we don't have to expect refresh for those units yet. (i've seen roumors here that water troggoth could be remplaced) 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

You should adjust your clock!

image.png.2da7787d65dce41622da029407ca8d7d.png

On 3/18/2024 at 7:20 AM, Garrac said:

TWOOOOO DAAAAAYS FOR ADEPTICOOOON*

*actually a little bit more, but Im not gonna wake up at 4AM two times this week

bayard-wu-skaven-m.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Garrc just keep the hype going

Any hopium to see out the starterbox

17 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Interresting thing for Gitz players ; in every image of the TOW orcs and goblins army we have old water troggoth and no night goblins, could mean that we don't have to expect refresh for those units yet. (i've seen roumors here that water troggoth could be remplaced) 

We sorta knew that from the start  they're doing almost every pre-8th edition models not use in AoS (maybe there 2 or 3 of them im forgetting about). That doesn't mean they won't update/remove old whf models from the range to perapre to move them to ToW. Also there are night goblins it just it these old ones

Xkz4PzuQFt9USY7n.jpg

Lore on the black Anvils of Heldenhammer is super interesting. They were present in Anvilguard but I think their main base is Shyish.

Mostly heros from the Old World, souls rescued from Nagash rather than plucked from battles - and Nagash wants them back, sending Mrs Grief at them.

So perhaps a new character with hints to the old world. Lord Felix?

They have a cult to Morrda an old raven image death god. I wonder if related to the elf lass.

And - I'm curious to see if Mrs Ruin is the one who wipes Phoenicium.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aramis said:

Lore on the black Anvils of Heldenhammer is super interesting. They were present in Anvilguard but I think their main base is Shyish.

Mostly heros from the Old World, souls rescued from Nagash rather than plucked from battles - and Nagash wants them back, sending Mrs Grief at them.

So perhaps a new character with hints to the old world. Lord Felix?

They have a cult to Morrda an old raven image death god. I wonder if related to the elf lass.

And - I'm curious to see if Mrs Ruin is the one who wipes Phoenicium.

100% agree. SCE "details" is what makes them appart from SpaceMarines but in Fantasy" stigma (that, btw, it's totally right). in other words, the more details they have, more unique they become.

Just now, Ragest said:

So we know we are going to have new libs, we saw a wing, and we saw a weapon very close to paladins (or maybe dracoths).

Where I have seen that?

60010299006_WHAgeofSigmarBoxENG01.jpg.4ac9b1917e6c0ff06cdcd326eb471abd.jpg

I must say, that looking this box after all this years, this box has a lot of charm. Yes I know, all the BS and people burning their Fantasy armies mudded this charm, but it feels like a AoS's red era.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ragest said:

So we know we are going to have new libs, we saw a wing, and we saw a weapon very close to dracoths.

Where I have seen that?

60010299006_WHAgeofSigmarBoxENG01.jpg.4ac9b1917e6c0ff06cdcd326eb471abd.jpg

I actually think the weapon we saw is the one for Paladins instead, rather than having hammers everywhere we would see some variation in the box, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So aos4 stormcast expectations ?

New Vandus 
New liberators 
New prosecutors 
New Judicators 
New Paladins 
New Lord Celestant
New Lord Relictor 
New celestant prime 

And the old wave 1 kits all die? Is that what we think is going to happen 

I am assuming (hoping?) that there will be some new units that functionally/spiritually replace old unit and phase them out, some straight up replacements "it's that but now it's spooky", and I assume over the course of the edition all wave 1 stuff will be shuffled off. Hopefully relieving all the chunkybois from duty.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Votanns from Kill team.

Sure looks like it

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

10 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So aos4 stormcast expectations ?

New Vandus 
New liberators 
New prosecutors 
New Judicators 
New Paladins 
New Lord Celestant
New Lord Relictor 
New celestant prime 

And the old wave 1 kits all die? Is that what we think is going to happen 

Isn't it too much renewal on top of the new minis? It would be their biggest renewal ever.

Edited by Ejecutor