The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Gods I hope not, an AOS 'Horus heresy' is the last thing the game needs in its lore

Im not saying an exact copy or horus heresy at all. They could still be "good" stormcast but undead with a darker vibe to them compared to the normal ones. 

Edited by Gitzdee

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Im not saying an exact copy or horus heresy at all. They could still be "good" stormcast but undead with a darker vibe to them compared to the normal ones. 

Respectfully I disagree, Stormcast have taken a beating lore-wise over the past couple of editions. If a schism happens with them that's just the cherry on top of the cake and a lot of people will be wondering why they play the faction when they just get dumped on in the lore. I'm pretty sure the Ossiarchs were made by Nagash to be his Stormcast after he messed about with some of their souls he captured. If Deathcast eternals did become a thing, they would probably fall under Nagash since GW don't really seem to want to introduce any other large death gods to rival him and he wouldn't let them have much personality, they would most likely be automatons. Alas this isn't a lore thread so we should probably keep discussion on this light 😊

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

They should make a proper evergreen coffee table book for each faction. Lore, art, painting guides etc. Really go to town.

Then just publish the rules for free online, or else have all the allegiance abilities, battle tactics unlockable on the app.

I've been saying something similar for ages now. A big, beautiful lore'n'art book would be glorious, and something I'd totally fork out the dosh for. Something a bit like the Liber Chaotica volumes (which I still refer back to for a inspiration booster!) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Luperci said:

I don't collect SCE or Skaven but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what's in store for the core rules, also warcry

I don't think there'll be any of that this evening to be honest.

I am hopeful for the rat fans though, they've waited since the old world exploded for new shinies. Having played for them for years in the world that was, my wallet is waiting with trepidation that I don't get back there lol.

Hope everyone has a fun night with the reveals :)

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

John Blanche is ridiculously overrated. There. I said it. 

I was thinking the same when I said that drawing. As a concept, fine. As a drawing... meh.

Edited by Ejecutor

32 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Respectfully I disagree, Stormcast have taken a beating lore-wise over the past couple of editions. If a schism happens with them that's just the cherry on top of the cake and a lot of people will be wondering why they play the faction when they just get dumped on in the lore. I'm pretty sure the Ossiarchs were made by Nagash to be his Stormcast after he messed about with some of their souls he captured. If Deathcast eternals did become a thing, they would probably fall under Nagash since GW don't really seem to want to introduce any other large death gods to rival him and he wouldn't let them have much personality, they would most likely be automatons. Alas this isn't a lore thread so we should probably keep discussion on this light 😊

As a Bonereaper player, I’d be furious- We fulfill a similar role and are the dedicated Elite faction for Death- The Stormcast would be stomping on our toes HARD and would absolutely split our releases even harder. The Stormcast can stick to just being part of their own Grand Alliance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

Well I certainly wasn't expecting the Ossiarchs to be getting the centaur of the two new Warcry warbands.

Yeah wasnt expecting generic Sylvaneth like these. Didnt really want or need more revenants. Ossiarchs look great. 

Edited by Gitzdee