The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm curious what else people were expecting to see. The only thing I felt was missing was an accompanying novel. Just like they did with 40k, I'm sure we'll get other shows later which talk about the battletomes and the other new minis. 

There is one up on Warcom! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

here's hoping the price is reasonable or else I'll have to buy someone's extra books

Price from the T&C of the giveaway:

The value of the contents of each prize is GBP £160 (one hundred and sixty) / AUD $450(four hundred and fifty) Australian Dollars/ USD $265 (two hundred and sixty five US dollars/ EU €210 (two hundred and ten) Euros. The total value of the prizes is GBP £1600 (one thousand six hundred / AUD $4500 (four thousand five hundred) Australian Dollars/ USD $2650 (two thousand six hundred and fifty) US Dollars/ EU €2100 (two thousand one hundred) Euros.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Full boxset:

1brPs8bhqnOCnDRt.jpg

Now that we see the box with 40 Clanrats it doesn't seem that small anymore.

40k Leviathan had 25+47 models compared to Skavetides 24+50.

Leviathan had a few bigger models I think with the Dreadnought and the Tyranid beasts but we have the terrain so seems about the same

Edited by Matrindur

2 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Full boxset:

1brPs8bhqnOCnDRt.jpg

£160 for that is a pretty good price I think. The Skaven side is basically double the old vanguard box. That would cost you £170 by itself.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm curious what else people were expecting to see. The only thing I felt was missing was an accompanying novel. Just like they did with 40k, I'm sure we'll get other shows later which talk about the battletomes and the other new minis. 

I was hoping for a roadmap, myself. But also that they kept hyping “and much more to see” then it was literally what they just showed us. 

like I’m not mad, I’m just confused about where’s the hype

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

There's one. And what we lack... THE ROADMAP!!!

• Thanks 2

£160 seems reasonable to me, especially saving a bit by going through an independent seller. The models all look fantastic and 40 clan rats is 20 more than I expected. Honestly really think this might be our best launch box so far.

Just now, Sahrial said:

I was hoping for a roadmap, myself. But also that they kept hyping “and much more to see” then it was literally what they just showed us. 

like I’m not mad, I’m just confused about where’s the hype

I think they just showed too much previously. If they had only shown two units each instead of three it would have been more of a surprise now but like this we only got hero models for Stormcast now for example, which while great just aren't as hype to me as a new unit

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i'm tired of these groin scabbards already tbqh... my biggest issue with the new stormcast alongside the heroes looking too intimidating to paint.

love love LOVE the foldout Realms map, I definitely need both books from this set!!! here's hoping the price is reasonable or else I'll have to buy someone's extra books

@Matrindur Already drop us the price! 160 Pounds / 210 €.

8 new minis and a terrible scenery, what a preview.

Is sad to carry with that spearhead stuff that rise te price to 210€, without that the price would be pretty interesting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Now that we see the box with 40 Clanrats it doesn't seem that small anymore.

40k Leviathan had 25+47 models compared to Skavetides 24+50.

Leviathan had a few bigger models I think with the Dreadnought and the Tyranid beasts but we have the terrain so seems about the same

But the scenery is... disappointed. It looks to be just one sprue. Two as max. At least it was just 10 € more than Leviathan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I think they just showed too much previously. If they had only shown two units each instead of three it would have been more of a surprise now but like this we only got hero models for Stormcast now for example, which while great just aren't as hype to me as a new unit

It is important to remember that we as posters on this forum are far more engaged in what is coming up than most others. Many will be seeing most of this stuff for the first time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

How long till the dust settles on skaven and storms, new edition launch, etc until we start seeing other armies again? 

Like 3 months?

3 months from launch I would say. So 4 from now.

• Sad 1

1715907088123004.jpg.7f9a61d266c6cf95500868757da103bc.jpg

Even within the sombre Ruination chambers, the Lord-Terminos is a figure apart. Armed with a massive blade terminos, they range the battlefield to execute the enemies of Sigmar with swift, sure strikes. These lonesome individuals are also responsible for the rites of the Last Threshold, taking the heads of soul-stricken Stormcast Eternals who voluntarily enter oblivion. They are accompanied by Memorian squires, who recount their battle honours and keep them tethered to the present.

now that some tasty lore. They now got to do the Lighting ghiest with how much they teasing this leap into past the Threshold

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)

Man these are looking so good. And even thought we are looking at 40 of them they aren't repetitiv at all. As far as I can see its 2x 20 as you can see with the leader in the bottom left and the center rat at the top with the bright red loincloth which both have the same legs but its not that easy to spot the same bodies so very nice

Skaven7

Edited by Matrindur