The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Legitimately just curious and not being hostile but what's the reasoning behind "easily best ever launch" if over half the box doesn't appeal to you?

If I may join in - because it's actually the first time in AoS history we're getting a launch box that is fully self-contained as a game-in-a-box. It's funny how people keep making comparisons to 40K, but this really follows in the footsteps of MESB Osgiliath box. You buy one box and you've everything you need for two people to start playing.

Personal preference for the minis/armies included has got nothing to do with it. Objectively speaking, thi is the best launch box AoS ever had.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

Yes, that's correct. As far as I know the launch box is delayed two weeks. I expect it to go for pre-order on the 29th of June and I'm quite confident about that. However, please keep in mind that it's just my prediction based on several retail tidbits I know. I would be extremely surprised if the launch box was available to pre-order earlier than 29th. 

That's sad if true, a lot of content creators are working with a really short time to finish before the preorder day.

4 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Cursed City really felt like a prelude to a Yharnam-style adventure. Shame it didn't go any further (and of course, it being a game-in-a-box rather than something like Necromunda or Mordheim).

Yeah, I was really hoping to see it expanded - it totally scratched the Bloodborne/Mordheim itch. Too bad Killteam's rules are IMO the worst GW rules ever as it gets closer to a Mordheim style of game than WarCry to me. Just more options to build your own team... 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Im sorry to tell you that prior to this week's previews GW discontinued the combat patrols of Soritas and genestealers, which is the same move GW did two weeks ago when they announced the  CSM stuff.

Sooooo.... I just bought a GSC Combat Patrol yesterday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5555 and the future is looking great for AoS. 

I can't wait to see more! I have two wolves inside me. One that wants everything spoiled for the next 6 months now and one that finds it refreshing to receive news as intended from GWs for once. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, I was really hoping to see it expanded - it totally scratched the Bloodborne/Mordheim itch. Too bad Killteam's rules are IMO the worst GW rules ever as it gets closer to a Mordheim style of game than WarCry to me. Just more options to build your own team... 

Current kill team?? It's at least better than the previous edition of kill team by far, and more fun than 40k 10th too imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Sooooo.... I just bought a GSC Combat Patrol yesterday

You lucked out, that original combat patrol was fantastic and would go well with some of the new boxes without much overlap. I'm here hoping that the Hachette Combat Patrol magazine keeps the old combat patrols for contents as the older Chaos, Ork and GSC ones are all filled with stuff I'd like. Honestly makes me wonder if I should grab a couple of the Vanguard boxes I like

9 hours ago, Garrac said:

Acording to SG Warhound, plague priest wont get updated either. Remains to be seen if GW won't apply kit creep to using the botafumeiro's one spearately

6 hours ago, cyrus said:

Whitefang hinted that paladins will not be updated in thunderstrike, just discontinued.

SG wahound wrote that Plague priest will be discontinued.

Can you guy show the link or show the comment or like by SG Warhound that says Plague priest will be discontinued? His list doesn't mention priest it mention Censer bearer

CDN media

Whitefang respond to me believing the Reclusion leak image were paladins not that Paladins were getting gutted

do i think Paladins are getting gutted yes and it most likely the case just it was Whitefang claimed to be

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

My question is, why are there two rats with no colour? If we know the full changes list, they should fall either under red or under yellow.

They weren't mention his SG list of being updated nor Cut so i left them out for now. Once the full reveals im going to revised the list 

48 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

5555 and the future is looking great for AoS. 

I can't wait to see more! I have two wolves inside me. One that wants everything spoiled for the next 6 months now and one that finds it refreshing to receive news as intended from GWs for once. 

You are not too greedy. The next 6 months are quite quiet:

- DB6 released (and all its related boxes).
- Launch box and 3 starter boxes. Start here magazine.
- Probably a campaign book.
- SCE and Skavens follow-up wave.
- 2 BTs apart from SCE and Skaven and in very likely 1 hero for each BT.

😅

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Current kill team?? It's at least better than the previous edition of kill team by far, and more fun than 40k 10th too imo

A hammer on your toes is more fun than current 40k. Sorry, I find the current KT atrocious. It‘s simply confusing.

So, it looks like points are increasing this edition according to last night’s 2k demo of Skaven vs Lumineth. I’m of two minds about this-

1.) It’s good to tamp down on hordes now that Battleshock isn’t as much of a threat to their numbers because you can only kill so many of them in a turn and they can now bring a lot more attacks to bear without the guaranteed finisher of Battleshock. 

2.) It’s going to be borderline impossible to play an Elite army at 1k points, because it’s already fairly difficult to do, and their smaller numbers may only exacerbate this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Quite a big difference between the regular AoS warscroll and the spearhead for the kroxigors. I suppose they would be too Powerful otherwise I guess.

The normal Kroxigors are hands down the most powerful unit we've seen so far. Statistically they do like 20 damage to 4+ save infantry. If they were in Spearhead they'd kill everything by themselves.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MitGas said:

I don‘t need Mordheim itself back but I really liked that sort of game where you had a small warband with some RPG elements that grew with each game - the funniest/best GW game has always been Gorkamorka to me but Mordheim was a great setting as well and I lived the hobby aspect of it. Wouldn‘t be too hard to create a somewhat similar setting in AoS though, just throw some more Lovecraft into a single spot of AoS‘s mortal realms and you‘re golden. Perhaps something close to Bloodborne in spirit! 

We‘d need cool multi-storied plastic kits like the Imperial ones from KT though, those buildings are insanely good kits. 

I could be mistaken, but GW current plastic kists aren't made for such games anymore. GW mini's are amazing, but don't have much options anymore.

The great thing with games that progress your party is that you can upgrade your mini's with weapons/equipment and etc... One of the fun parts is that you could visual represent this. With GW's older kits this was much easier to do.

Warcry is an awesome game, but most mini's have 1 or 2 build options. You would need a lot more diversity for Mordheimesque games.

I watched yesterday this and he is correct about GW games and i.e Frostgrave.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You are not too greedy. The next 6 months are quite quiet:

- DB6 released (and all its related boxes).
- Launch box and 3 starter boxes. Start here magazine.
- Probably a campaign book.
- SCE and Skavens follow-up wave.
- 2 BTs apart from SCE and Skaven and in very likely 1 hero for each BT.

😅

Don't forget about the last Warcry warband of the season

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elarin said:

Yes, that's correct. As far as I know the launch box is delayed two weeks. I expect it to go for pre-order on the 29th of June and I'm quite confident about that. However, please keep in mind that it's just my prediction based on several retail tidbits I know. I would be extremely surprised if the launch box was available to pre-order earlier than 29th. 

Well, that will be interesting. I'm at the moment 99% not getting 4th Ed Launch... But if GW release the core rules and faction rules a week or two before pre-order so that we can  get a feel for the game, then, you know I could... just could be tempted. That to me will be GW saying "hey guys, we have a lot of faith in this product. So try it out, and if you think this is as great as we've said it is, then get the launch box."

Anything else will feel just a little lacklustre and apologetic to convince me otherwise. After all its not like they are releasing it under strictest secrecy right? If they do the above, maybe the FOMO will come back, but if they don't show faith from the get go... you know?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Can you guy show the link or show the comment or like by SG Warhound that says Plague priest will be discontinued? His list doesn't mention priest it mention Censer bearer

Thing is, probably whitefang considers the botafumeiro as a plague priest, so thats why he didnt count him as discontinued. Remaisn to be seen if GW still contemplates the idea of him going solo building the botafumeiro/bell

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Thing is, probably whitefang considers the botafumeiro as a plague priest, so thats why he didnt count him as discontinued. Remaisn to be seen if GW still contemplates the idea of him going solo building the botafumeiro/bell

JAJAJAJAJJAJA

I thought no one called them botafumeiros anymore... ;)