The Rumour Thread

Hace 1 hora, Arzalyn dijo:

Malas noticias para todos los que esperamos que Kruleboyz y Ironjawz vuelvan a ser ejércitos separados...

imagen.png.d26e7b1ce9f94d0197092bdc10176fcb.png

That's the box the Orruk currently have so it doesn't have to mean that the Ironjawz and the Kruleboys won't split up.

33 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I could be mistaken, but GW current plastic kists aren't made for such games anymore. GW mini's are amazing, but don't have much options anymore.

The great thing with games that progress your party is that you can upgrade your mini's with weapons/equipment and etc... One of the fun parts is that you could visual represent this. With GW's older kits this was much easier to do.

Warcry is an awesome game, but most mini's have 1 or 2 build options. You would need a lot more diversity for Mordheimesque games.

I watched yesterday this and he is correct about GW games and i.e Frostgrave.

I wouldn‘t necessarily need kits with many options to be happy for such a game - half the fun back then was to kitbash stuff anyways and back then it was actual work with metal minis! Yes, the Mordheim starter had two multi-part warbands but if you didn’t play Skaven or the Empire (pick your colors), you had to work with metal minis anyways. I just find that either the rulesets aren‘t what I hope for or if the rules are decent there‘s too little option in regards to making the game/warband your own. I don‘t believe that such a game couldn‘t be a huge success.

I‘ll watch Peachy‘s video later, thanks for sharing. A friend of mine is heavily into Freeboter‘s Fate and prefers it to other TT games. Haven‘t played it but I get told by 3 people in my group (3 of 5 play also non-GW games) constantly how much better the rules of other companies/systems are. Since we all love Warhammer, I don‘t think it‘s about badmouthing GW or AoS, I do believe them however and wonder how GW can‘t have the best or at least really good rules. They‘re the biggest, they could hire the best game designers. And yet their biggest game, 40k, is atrocious to play. I know, they call themselves a mini company but I don‘t see how that line of thinking is a positive. It‘s as if they‘re lying to themselves. I naturally want GW to be even better in that regard (and pay their staff appropriately!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

Bad news for all of us hoping for Kruleboyz and Ironjawz to be separated armys again...

image.png.d26e7b1ce9f94d0197092bdc10176fcb.png

That is rather disappointing. I was really hoping they would be separated and each given their chance to shine as solo factions in the Grand Alliance. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I wouldn‘t necessarily need kits with many options to be happy for such a game - half the fun back then was to kitbash stuff anyways and back then it was actual work with metal minis! Yes, the Mordheim starter had two multi-part warbands but if you didn’t play Skaven or the Empire (pick your colors), you had to work with metal minis anyways. I just find that either the rulesets aren‘t what I hope for or if the rules are decent there‘s too little option in regards to making the game/warband your own. I don‘t believe that such a game couldn‘t be a huge success.

I‘ll watch Peachy‘s video later, thanks for sharing. A friend of mine is heavily into Freeboter‘s Fate and prefers it to other TT games. Haven‘t played it but I get told by 3 people in my group (3 of 5 play also non-GW games) constantly how much better the rules of other companies/systems are. Since we all love Warhammer, I don‘t think it‘s about badmouthing GW or AoS, I do believe them however and wonder how GW can‘t have the best or at least really good rules. They‘re the biggest, they could hire the best game designers. And yet their biggest game, 40k, is atrocious to play. I know, they call themselves a mini company but I don‘t see how that line of thinking is a positive. It‘s as if they‘re lying to themselves. I naturally want GW to be even better in that regard (and pay their staff appropriately!).

Yeah, you are correct.

GW build their games/rules around their mini's. First the mini's and than the rules, At the end of it Peachy talks about this too. Imo a very enjoyable video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

That's the box the Orruk currently have so it doesn't have to mean that the Ironjawz and the Kruleboys won't split up.

While the contents are the same, that's new packaging ("Vanguard" changed to "Spearhead", some slightly different placement of information).

If they were splitting up Ironjawz and Kruleboyz, they probably would have done it now (in the Index phase), but that box still says Orruk Warclans.

Unless... Kruleboyz were staying under the 'Warclans" banner, and Ironjawz were still spinning out on their own as "Ironjawz". But that would be weird. (I guess the Kruleboyz do have more "allies" in their range - grots and hobgrots - but... it would still be weird.) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, you are correct.

GW build their games/rules around their mini's. First the mini's and than the rules, At the end of it Peachy talks about this too. Imo a very enjoyable video.

Also, an approach in terms of minis like the Mordheim one is less profitable. What do you produce, a warband a some customisable kits? Maybe as part of the Forge games... Necromunda has some stuff like that, isn't it? But I doubt it from the main studio.

3 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

While the contents are the same, that's new packaging ("Vanguard" changed to "Spearhead", some slightly different placement of information).

If they were splitting up Ironjawz and Kruleboyz, they probably would have done it now (in the Index phase), but that box still says Orruk Warclans.

Unless... Kruleboyz were staying under the 'Warclans" banner, and Ironjawz were still spinning out on their own as "Ironjawz". But that would be weird. (I guess the Kruleboyz do have more "allies" in their range - grots and hobgrots - but... it would still be weird.) 

We are close to the faction focus articles. Soon all the doubts will be cleared.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dawbringers VI, at last. Also standalone releases of the Darkoath kits and a paperback of Realmslayer.

c3QAN0bZ5XuzjjNj.jpg

eRCUYFnHIVfHQZW7.jpg

DDX2o7OOsMkUXdic.jpg

Here at Warhammer Community we’ve got a heavy helping of chaotic content featuring Chaos Space Marines, Skaven, and Slaves to Darkness, while our in-depth series exploring every faction in Warhammer Age of Sigmar begins with the Stormcast Eternals. There’s loads to see and some spicy reveals to unveil, so as always, be sure to check in every day for more Warhammer news.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Bte

Here at Warhammer Community we’ve got a heavy helping of chaotic content featuring Chaos Space Marines, Skaven, and Slaves to Darkness, while our in-depth series exploring every faction in Warhammer Age of Sigmar begins with the Stormcast Eternals. There’s loads to see and some spicy reveals to unveil, so as always, be sure to check in every day for more Warhammer news.

Looks like faction focuses start next week. Probably monday on stormcasts, tuesday for skavens, never for beastmen.

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

You have my attention. 🤔

35 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Dawbringers VI, at last. Also standalone releases of the Darkoath kits and a paperback of Realmslayer.

c3QAN0bZ5XuzjjNj.jpg

eRCUYFnHIVfHQZW7.jpg

DDX2o7OOsMkUXdic.jpg

New terrain kit is gorgeous; you could theme a whole table around it. The crystal being full of skulls and growing horns is weird but it begs a unique paint job 

MTO on terrain kits is cool to see; wouldn't mind seeing the scrapped "in-tact buildings" get a release that way. Honestly if they started to rotate all the WHF kits it'd be hard for me not to bite

6 hours ago, zamerion said:

What bb star player?

Also fw things usually dont take a week alone

Now that i see the new necromunda box, i hope to get It early XD

SundayPreview May19 Jordell

It is has been announced for preorders in today's post.

57 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Bte

Looks like faction focuses start next week. Probably monday on stormcasts, tuesday for skavens, never for beastmen.

Excited for the faction focuses, hope they give us flavorful rules for each army

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Excited for the faction focuses, hope they give us flavorful rules for each army

Same. Based on the spearhead stuff that’s been photographed, I’m really liking the rules and where 4th is going.

Still not in the FOMO zone for the boxed set but AOS 4th edition is looking great. I’m trying my best not to go crazy getting spearhead sets and focus on what I have!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Same. Based on the spearhead stuff that’s been photographed, I’m really liking the rules and where 4th is going.

Still not in the FOMO zone for the boxed set but AOS 4th edition is looking great. I’m trying my best not to go crazy getting spearhead sets and focus on what I have!

If you are not FOMOes, very likely the next Hachette collectable will be around Spear Heads.