The Rumour Thread

On 5/25/2024 at 5:49 AM, Gailon said:

That’s fair. But they also have to balance the game. And it is a matter of perspective. Stabbas controlling objectives from 9” has been amazing for me in 3rd. In one sense it’s not something cool. But in another sense it’s cool to have a bunch of grots swarming and taking the battlefield. 

like Lady O just flies in and terrifies everyone so she takes the objectives. 

similar discussion to be had with the carnosaur. Which has damage dramatically reduced per the leaks (or previews?), but word is it ha an ability to add d6 OC to itself and subtract d6 OC from one enemy.  That could be an incredible ability. And it doesn’t take much imagination to see it roaring over the battlefield and terrifying the enemy such that I score the points with it. 

We have seen the carnosaur spear head warscroll. It.might be close to the full warscroll, but I think there is a very good chance they toned down its killings for spear head, since that’s the kind of thing that might be OP in the much smaller format. I’d wait to draw conclusions on it til we know more.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:33 AM, Tonhel said:

Correct, focusing on controlling objectives distracts from the wargame aspect. I know lots of players don't mind this, but for me it's an immersion killer. That's why I am not a fan of battle tactics and there is imo to much focus on scoring objectives. Killing stuff should be equally important as scoring VP through controlling objectives.

If the rumour is true about the carnosaur that he has a handy ability for controlling objectives. This doesn't do much for me. It's a savage killer, it should not be one of the better options to control an objective, it should be feared for it combat prowness, not that it's an objective taker/holder. Below is related to Warhammer, but as it is the same beast and model, it still applies to AoS.

Having tasted blood, a Carnosaur is at its most deadly, for it enters a state of savage bloodlust — biting and tearing at any living creature, sometimes slaughtering its gory way through entire herds of giant reptilian without pause. Such is what they were bred to become, for the primordial jungles of Lustria only spares the strongest and most ferocious of monsters, whilst the weak are simply left to be eaten by those seeking to consume flesh.

Killing stuff is important for winning the game, when you kill off the opponents units you damage the opponents ability to complete their objectives. There is no need to reward the killing part twice. I don’t think objectives distract from the wargames part, I think they enhance it if they are done well. One of my complaints about old world is that it feels like winning is much too killing based (from the battle reports and feedback I have, haven’t got round to square basing anything yet) and it feels immersion breaking that these two armies have just found each other and are just fighting to the death. I’d much rather there be some reason why they are there in particular to fight. Even if it’s something like, both sides trying to secure their deployment zone as the vanguard, or keeping the enemy from breaking through. 

I remember in the old days it used to be a common complaint that beast claw raiders were too good. Looking into with follow up questions basically always led to discovering they were just playing wipe em out rules.  

I meant to post this yesterday but didn’t click send apparently. Just to include a small bit on the end, can people try not to be relentlessly negative about things. Sure, some people didn’t like third. Some people like it a lot. I personally really like it, but I’m very used to a lot of rules from games like magic the gathering and am pretty fast to pick up rules systems. For new people and people who are not, I understand the complaints. One thing that I don’t think helps anyone is just repeatedly and extremely taking shots at stuff. It just kills the enthusiasm for the forum as a whole. If you have strong angry feelings about something, make a post about it and people can choose whether to engage. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Adamcbutton said:

As far as I know, the source is the fact that Skragrott is described a few times in various places as having armoured Troggoths guarding his fungal asylum. 

Ah so this is not a rumour but a lore unit so we will see them released alongside Malerion, Kurnothi and Grotbag scuttlers 😢

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Ah so this is not a rumour but a lore unit so we will see them released alongside Malerion, Kurnothi and Grotbag scuttlers 😢

Yeah, and the Chalcodon, Soulspitter Ballista, and Necrotitans for the Ossiarchs. 

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

I'm thinking new WarCry and Kill Team expansions are likely for next week?

Their Instagram posted some art from the new Kill Team box as well as the above art.

I'd say a 'skirmish week' with both sets is a good bet.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

Nope, just Kill Team next week.

Here at Warhammer Community, we’re continuing on our safari through the factions of Warhammer Age of Sigmar with a new Faction Focus every weekday starting with the Cities of Sigmar. There’s also more to see from Kill Team: Termination – including some juicy Warhammer 40,000 rules for the Leagues of Votann – so make sure you don’t miss a single day of reveals.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Here at Warhammer Community, we’re continuing on our safari through the factions of Warhammer Age of Sigmar with a new Faction Focus every weekday starting with the Cities of Sigmar. There’s also more to see from Kill Team: Termination – including some juicy Warhammer 40,000 rules for the Leagues of Votann – so make sure you don’t miss a single day of reveals.

shame, but hey it seem like they are going to do a faction focus monday

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

shame, but hey it seem like they are going to do a faction focus monday

We will know the next week faction focus today ? We only know about CoS right now 

7 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

We will know the next week faction focus today ? We only know about CoS right now 

They only reveal the next faction focus, so we wont learn Tuesday's until we get the CoS article tomorrow

If I were to guess though I imagine this week will be: Cities -> Slaves -> Orruk Warclans -> Soulblight -> Seraphon or Lumineth

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

They only reveal the next faction focus, so we wont learn Tuesday's until we get the CoS article tomorrow

If I were to guess though I imagine this week will be: Cities -> Slaves -> Orruk Warclans -> Soulblight -> Seraphon or Lumineth

You mean kruleboyz by orruk warclan right ? Then ironjawz the next week 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It means Orruk Warclans

I know , joking. But I’m still 100% convinced we will get split. We will see once they show it . If you keep them under orruk warclan it means they will have some rules to play them together , and if you add rules for play them together you will have again same difficulties to balance them separately. 

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

To get 24 factions either Orruk Warclans stay together and they have a faction focus on BoC, or they split and no BoC.

And I don't believe they'll do a faction focus for BoC.

Edited by KarrWolves
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

To get 24 factions either Orruk Warclans stay together and they have a faction on BoC, or they split and no BoC.

And I don't believe they'll do a faction focus for BoC.

It would be slightly ridiculous to do a faction focus on a faction that will only be legal for a year. They could do it, but it’d be a decidedly weird choice to try and sell people on collecting and using the guys you have no intention of supporting long or even short term. 

Posted (edited)

BoC are in a hard place for a focus.

Either they do it to appease the fans they let down and show it’ll be a meaningful ruleset for the next year-

Or they don’t because it’s gonna reopen wounds by showing so many cool models, terrain & endless spells no longer for sale and ends up a feels bad article. :/

Or maybe they just choose the worst of all worlds and do a combo Legends focus for last and cram Sacrosanct, Bonesplitterz and BoC into one overview and end up giving them very little exposure altogether! xD 

Personally hoping for Orruk split since that would build up a Lot of hype for what it can mean in the future while going over more lore, Warscrolls and traits than a combo article would.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

I know , joking. But I’m still 100% convinced we will get split. We will see once they show it . If you keep them under orruk warclan it means they will have some rules to play them together , and if you add rules for play them together you will have again same difficulties to balance them separately. 

I am convinced too !

Weirdnob shaman war scroll has no longer “ orruk warclans “ and “ orruk “ keywords.

28ddcT0MXhcwwqTV.jpg

• Like 2

Could the Grand Alliance Destruction faction list end 4th Edition, looking like this?

1. KruelBoyz
  2. Iron Jaws
  3. Gloomspite Gitz
  4. Ogor Mawtribes
  5. Drogrukh
  6. Sons of Behemat

I'm not convinced as of yet. I think thematically having the Cunning of Mork represented by the Kruelboyz and the Brutality of Gork represented in the Iron Jaws works. 

If we do see a split then it would be more likely we see Malerion and Tyrion arrive with their own Factions instead of being an option within the DOK, Or LRL Factions. 

Does the AoS studio want to increase the number of factions? Lower them? Keep the number the same. It would be nice to hear from the studio at some point about their general philosophy. More factions better? Less? What's the sweet spot? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2024 at 2:26 AM, Satyrical Sophist said:

Got a source on that? It'd be good to know if someone does, otherwise just stating things as unsupported facts isn't helpful. 

I personally hope he isn't, big fan of the little murderball and it's sort of hilarious he is fulfilling the role of order "god" while being an angry dwarf. 

I think we are still waiting to hear whether allies outside of regiments of renown are a thing this edition. I think if they add a few more regiments of renown I'd be fine with allies being limited to RoR. Would make balancing allies a lot easier to do and means if unit X is too good in army Y you can increase the RoR points cost rather than increasing the points for unit X in its native army. I think we are just a little bit too low on RoR currently if that's their plan.

He is tho