The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Where are the mods to bring this convo back on track, isnt balance of the game and conversations like this totally out of the scope of this thread?

We should really only be discussing potential rumors, reveals and leaks?

Welcome to the Derails Thread.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Well, there is no rumour, our leakers have been missing from months and a good conversation about rules is better than pure cope wishlisting again and again or flooding with dongs and such.

Don't underestimate a good DOOOONG.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Jorum said:

Wow. The MOMENT I saw Ling Ling a flood of memories came back. Laughed and felt bad for doing so 😅

On the rumour side of things, are we expecting a two-week preorder on the starter box? Also, am I crazy or was there a picture floating around of a unreleased warplock engineer-type dude on foot with some kind of three-pronged gun?

Since some months ago 2 weeks preorder has been the standard for every release. So nothing indicates this will change.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Welcome to the Derails Thread.

I dunno, I always experienced the rumour thread as the „talking bout general (hobby) stuff“ thread of TGA. I think it‘s awesome like this as usually everyone is having fun and sometimes we get juicy rumours and the latest news. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I dunno, I always experienced the rumour thread as the „talking bout general (hobby) stuff“ thread of TGA. I think it‘s awesome like this as usually everyone is having fun and sometimes we get juicy rumours and the latest news. 

Yes. It is my fav thread just because of that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And we are assuming newcomers want to play. Some will stay just for the lore, painting, etc...

Also, aren't Legends minis there in the apps? Or just those from the current edition? Because I know that Cursed City heroes and some other retired CoS minis are there. Even the Excelsior Warpriest.

Yeah I might not have finished that sentence correctly what I meant was I would love if they added a legend button to both listbuilders in 40k and aos

2 hours ago, Xil said:

That are the arguments i have read the past few pages. Newbs don't know how to screen....

I am sometimes baffled that they know how to place their units on the table and mark their territories

From the comments i sometimes imagine newbs and casuals to be like this 😆 (no offense):

brainlets

This reminded me of a nice video from Goobertown:

I like him, but his arguments here are borderline hilarious; he loves the pictures of armies charging through the field in all their glory so he refuses to deploy in any sort of cover or screen - and seems to be severely disappointed by having to remove a large fraction of his army in the first or second round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As a filthy casual who has no interest in tournaments, 4th edition is looking way more attractive and approachable to me than 3rd edition with the much improved warscroll layout, more standardised rules and the scaling back of some of the bells and whistles that were added over the years.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)

I am exhausted so sorry for the idle speculation, I am very excited to see future support for City Aelves and City Duardin, and I have been thinking of how they will fit them more inline with the aesthetics of the Cities. Then it hit me how they can easily explore the concept of this integration in a way that also functions as a critique of the Dawnbringers Crusade as an expansionist effort of Azyrian culture over other cultures.

It would be interesting to see some sort of evidence cultural erasure with the Aelves and Duardin. Have the majority of the Aelves wear their hair closely cropped and dress in very human clothing, forgoing flowing robes and even use black-powder over traditional bows. Have the Duardin mix in cleanly shaved faces or short beards/mustaches and forgo the traditional axes and hammers in favour of swords, and spears. Of course there will still be some presentation of more traditional Aelves and Duardin head sculpts but have them be less present then the integrated designs to make sure that the Cities are not entirely homogenized. In other words I can imagine that there will be some conflict between City Aelves/Duardin and their more isolationist and traditionalist cousins.

Think of the narrative potential of having a Fyreslayer meeting a city duardin with a hipster mustache who believes that it is a waste of time reviving Grimnir, when Sigmar can simply answer their prayers. That feels like reason enough for a warcry/underworlds battle, as the Fyreslayers take to the street to show 'em why beards beat pants! Alternatively imagine the face of a Lumienth Realm Lord when they meet their distant kin in a distinctly unstylish coif... that would be grounds for a fullscale war lead by Teclis himself. Still I imagine that it will be a long time before we see this side of the army get expanded upon. As I feel like we will see an expansion of the religious side of the army with a small cogfort functioning as an updated steamtank.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

As a filthy casual who has no interest in tournaments, 4th edition is looking way more attractive and approachable to me than 3rd edition with the much improved warscroll layout, more standardised rules and the scaling back of some of the bells and whistles that were added over the years.

Yes, contrary what I thought I will certainly play AoS 4th edition. So far everything looks okay to very good. The big test for me will be the StD index. But the CoS test was passed :D .

But there is always the possibility with GW that in 18 months they turned AoS 4th in a bloathed mess. I really liked how third started, but they lost me 2 or 3 GHB's ago.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yes, contrary what I thought I will certainly play AoS 4th edition. So far everything looks okay to very good. The big test for me will be the StD index. But the CoS test was passed :D .

But there is always the possibility with GW that in 18 months they turned AoS 4th in a bloathed mess. I really liked how third started, but they lost me 2 or 3 GHB's ago.

There’s a good chance, still though While I did enjoy 9th edition 40k aos at least in conparison to that system was a lot less bloaty.

although having book tactics was in my oppinion a bad idea all the way through

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I hope that they'll be focusing their creative energy on getting the Battletomes all out in a reasonable time-frame, rather than fiddling around with additional rules and whatnot. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

A fair bit of that complexity hasn't been removed outright, but rather shifted to the core rules, which means there are more and more important rules that one just has to have memorized, they won't be printed on your warscrolls.

+++ Mod Hat On +++

SIGH!

I have a few days away from anything warhammer related and doing stuff with family and come back to all sorts!

RIGHT!

1 ) This forum is for everybody. That means everyone from people who love to play competitively to casual players. I think some of you have forgotten this and I think some of you should read the rules of the forum again ( @Cdance93 I think you need to do this).

2 ) This is the rumour thread. Keep it on topic. If you want to discuss competitive vs casual or how the game works, create another thread. Just remember the rules of the forum!

3 ) We’re still in the sales/marketing cycle of getting everybody excited for the game. Remember that and don’t take the faction focuses to heart. Until we’ve seen the full rules and played a few games, it’s not worth getting too worked up. Treat them as a taster about how your faction may play.

Lets get back to rumours and I’ll make sure nobody gets a paddling 😉

IMG_0172.jpeg.3eaf03bbecbb2b5f83661b927e5fdbaf.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I’m quite surprised how little we know about what’s coming for Stormcast post launch. We’ve known pretty much the whole lineup for Skaven for quite a while now but not a peep about Stormcast. 

On the 40k side there are strong rumours (mostly courtesy of valrak who’s been pretty accurate lately) that 10th will be getting more Eldar with Phoenix lords,  agents of the imperium, more Krieg, blood angels, space wolves and emperor’s children 

On the AoS side we’ve got rumours of chaos Duardin and that’s pretty much it. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I’m quite surprised how little we know about what’s coming for Stormcast post launch. We’ve known pretty much the whole lineup for Skaven for quite a while now but not a peep about Stormcast. 

On the 40k side there are strong rumours (mostly courtesy of valrak who’s been pretty accurate lately) that 10th will be getting more Eldar with Phoenix lords,  agents of the imperium, more Krieg, blood angels, space wolves and emperor’s children 

Aos has not leaks at all, just wf hints to near releases (chorfs one was pretty weird for his modus operandi) and sometimes blurry pictures like warhound's or the slaves tome. So we live in the dark xD

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Chikout said:

come down to

1. We got the entire Skaven list from a leaker who gave us the entire list and not the Stormcast before he went dead cold before the reveal box. Just a side Whitefang has also kind of went silent recently as well so new stream of rumor and leaks is dried up for now
  2. 40k leaks is always constant because we got Valrak a popular streamer who has an insider 
  3. Chaos dwarfs and gitmob (and cogfrot if Whitefang jr counts)
Edited by Dragon-knight77

45 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

SIGH!

I have a few days away from anything warhammer related and doing stuff with family and come back to all sorts!

RIGHT!

1 ) This forum is for everybody. That means everyone from people who love to play competitively to casual players. I think some of you have forgotten this and I think some of you should read the rules of the forum again ( @Cdance93 I think you need to do this).

2 ) This is the rumour thread. Keep it on topic. If you want to discuss competitive vs casual or how the game works, create another thread. Just remember the rules of the forum!

3 ) We’re still in the sales/marketing cycle of getting everybody excited for the game. Remember that and don’t take the faction focuses to heart. Until we’ve seen the full rules and played a few games, it’s not worth getting too worked up. Treat them as a taster about how your faction may play.

Lets get back to rumours and I’ll make sure nobody gets a paddling 😉

IMG_0172.jpeg.3eaf03bbecbb2b5f83661b927e5fdbaf.jpeg

If you can point out which ones I have broken I am happy to made amends and not repeat in the future!

40 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

Speaking of rumors, we know when we will get the 2024 Age of Sigmar roadmap

If we look back at previous editions/ 40k it is very likely that we will get it after the big box, once they show the follow-up wave for SCE and Skavens.

16 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

come down to

1. We got the entire Skaven list from a leaker who gave us the entire list and not the Stormcast before he went dead cold before the reveal box. Just a side Whitefang has also kind of went silent recently as well so new stream of rumor and leaks is dried up for now
  2. 40k leaks is always constant because we got Valrak a popular streamer who has an insider 
  3. Chaos dwarfs and gitmob (and cogfrot if Whitefang jr counts)

And the possible rumour about Warclans finally getting their split confirmed.

6 hours ago, Cdance93 said:

Where are the mods to bring this convo back on track, isnt balance of the game and conversations like this totally out of the scope of this thread?

We should really only be discussing potential rumors, reveals and leaks?

That feels much too artificial a boundary, since those topics come from discussion of news! This is a brilliant thread, don't curtail it!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

That feels much too artificial a boundary, since those topics come from discussion of news! This is a brilliant thread, don't curtail it!

I admit, I get wrapped up in all the chatter in this thread too ofc - but then this should be renamed as a general chat and there be a proper rumor thread