The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Luperci said:

the warcry warband was really good, I'm sorry to the naked duardin enjoyers but they look better with a little bit more on. The fyreslayer berserkers and hearthguard kits have aged really poorly imo, the paintjob isn't doing massive favours either, if they were less pasty then the orange would stand out better imo.

Plus they look homogeneous. I can name exactly 2 kits that look as similar as the majority of the Fyreslayer range- Morghasts and Idoneth Eel Riders. And those are because they’re dual kits. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Plus they look homogeneous. I can name exactly 2 kits that look as similar as the majority of the Fyreslayer range- Morghasts and Idoneth Eel Riders. And those are because they’re dual kits. 

You have to use a special meter to see the length of their skirts in order to know which unit you are moving.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mortal Wound said:

That entire 'all weapon options rolled into one unit profile' thing didn't last very long, didn't it...

5AV8Z7moYEkYk2gu~2.jpg

Well it said Hearthguard Berzerker with Berzerker Broadaxes, it maybe another warscroll that for Berzerker Flamestrike Poleaxes.

similar to how there is a warscroll with Vulkites with double axes and one with Slingshields.

though it is just padding the warscroll count for an army

edit: oh never mind I think that what you meant on your post

Edited by novakai

23 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

There is a doubt about the chances that the slaves of darkness will obtain a generic hero from the Varanguard, by generic I mean characters like the paladin of chaos.

Don't they have one already? The second option from the Eternus set? With Abraxia being pretty recent I doubt it.

27 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

There is a doubt about the chances that the slaves of darkness will obtain a generic hero from the Varanguard, by generic I mean characters like the paladin of chaos.

They will probably get just a new chaos sorcerer 

trfPMkf.jpeg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

You have to use a special meter to see the length of their skirts in order to know which unit you are moving.

Or, like a clever person, you can paint them differently : >

Edited by Grungnisson

Just now, novakai said:

Or maybe even a Darkoath Shaman 

It is more and more clear, that the factions they said they are gonna lose warscrolls is because they are the first year factions (summer 24- summer 25)

• Thanks 1

I feel that Fyreslayers are going to need to abuse their sinergies to stay on top. I can see some stacking option for HGB, but you need a lot of investment to make them really crazy punchy. 

Btw, a customizable warmaster seems to be perfect for FS, but for Grimnir's sake, they need a wave 2 asap with Bael-Grimnir at the front.

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

20240603_153736.jpg

The guy at the front I am not sure if it is a human or a Kruleboyz based on how ugly it is, but the thing at the back seems to be a Stormcast being stomped by a lighting?

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The guy at the front I am not sure if it is a human or a Kruleboyz based on how ugly it is, but the thing at the back seems to be a Stormcast being stomped by a lighting?

It is Stormcast grabbing another one inside Ionus' Tower, maybe he is trying to help the angered one

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Just the skirts?

Mohawks. Then you can tell them apart from a fair distance.

If you're the kind of person, who can't see the difference between the various different weapons they have, of course.

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

He has hair it seems so not a kruleboyz

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is more and more clear, that the factions they said they are gonna lose warscrolls is because they are the first year factions (summer 24- summer 25)

Yeah, whatever is the fate of warclans, I'm pretty sure they will release warclans/ironjawz as one of the first books after skaven and sce this year just to get their spearhead out.

2 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Yeah, whatever is the fate of warclans, I'm pretty sure they will release warclans/ironjawz as one of the first books after skaven and sce this year just to get their spearhead out.

As long as Kruleboyz get some new goodies I don't mind. 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't they have one already? The second option from the Eternus set? With Abraxia being pretty recent I doubt it.

The Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount does not have any Varanguard synergy in the current ruleset. He works with Knights and Chariots.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

Or, like a clever person, you can paint them differently : >

I am always so confused why everyone seems to make their Fyreslayers have no internal diversity. Like I can't even remember if I have seen someone paint a Runefather with a white or even greying beard. 

Edit: I did a quick little attempt with photoshop and think they already look much better with just a bit of varation in hair and skin tones. Even with my bad photoshop skills:
image.jpeg.fcc3207f8ee68bb7bc80b1536b469549.jpeg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Considering 40k 10th edition, Necrons were one of the first factions to get their codex, after SM and Tyranids. So, maybe KB are also the first ones after SCE and Skaven.

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am always so confused why everyone seems to make their Fyreslayers have no internal diversity. Like I can't even remember if I have seen someone paint a Runefather with a white or even greying beard. 

Painting a FS with other colour than Orange?

THAT'S GOING STRAIGHT IN THE - iFunny

• Haha 2