The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So updating the list

Red= gone 

Blue= going into a supplement so chances Super low

Green= Updated already

Untitleddesign(1).png.e8b26d135caeb30cd230aefa5f46e975.pngUntitleddesign.png.6788637f8a11c42aa04620f8ac378c0b.png

oh from SG Warhound list what left is

• Vizzik Skour the new Verminlord
  • nu-Queek Warlord with Bodyguards
  • Globadiers 
  • Arch-warlock
  • Weapon team
  • Stormvermin
  • New Wolf rat
  • Master Moulder
  • Warlock Engineer with Warpvolt obliterator

I would do two little tweaks. Errant Questor, gone. It is not the same as the Knight Questor. And the Doom Flayer shouldn't be also red? Or is it part of the Weapon Teams?

10 hours ago, MitGas said:

image.png.0244465188f8b18dc63d5b4668673bf6.png

The Lawsuit-Invocator, on a quest to find sanctuary for his daemonette girlfriend (yes, my totally new lore is really good), feels more at home in Diablo.

Is that a photoshop? I can't find the hooded model on the website.

I am not even a Diabolo player, but i immediately thought it looks Diabolo-esque!

6 minutes ago, Xil said:

Is that a photoshop? I can't find the hooded model on the website.

I am not even a Diabolo player, but i immediately thought it looks Diabolo-esque!

It is. They PS-ed it to look like a Diablo Angel.
I will steal that idea however :D (and change the leg pose)

The Model makes me hopeful for a new Celestant Prime.

Edited by JackStreicher

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

GW should have given the generic Azyros the sword and kept the big spear for Tornus, because right now the named character looks only like an alternate paint scheme.

I've got at least two of the old ones, so they can be the generic option ; )

30 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

GW should have given the generic Azyros the sword and kept the big spear for Tornus, because right now the named character looks only like an alternate paint scheme.

Yeah. Let's see how it is managed rules-wise. Maybe they just messed around with the paint or it even has more pieces that were not shown, like Abraxia that had a helmeted head that wasn't shown until it was put for sale, or the prosecutors with the old mask.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I hope this isn't a precursor for next named characters because there is absolutely NO difference in sculpting between the two.
Only the paint scheme indicates that Tornus belongs to the Hallowed Knights (but a random knight-azyros would look exactly the same).
Generally speaking, I don't think it's a good idea to have generic/named character double-kits.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Agreed on the lack of visual distinction (also weird to use a weapon as the only distinguishing factor at a time when they are going in the direction of loadouts having less impact on the rules)...

but I like that with an old azyros and two magnets (and a spare Vindictor arm) I'll get both a new azyros and a named character.

EDIT to avoid double posting:

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Generally speaking, I don't think it's a good idea to have generic/named character double-kits.

my counter point would be that by doing this they can kill Tornus down the line and players will still be able to use their mini as the generic version.

Edited by Marcvs

12 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Generally speaking, I don't think it's a good idea to have generic/named character double-kits

I actually think it's a great idea. Gordrakk, Eternatus, Avelanor, Hurakan, Gobsprakk, etc. are all great kits and look very distinct from the generic version. It's the best of both worlds, allows players who like named characters to play a named character and allows players who prefer making a generic version and giving it their own lore to do so too.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Agreed on the lack of visual distinction (also weird to use a weapon as the only distinguishing factor at a time when they are going in the direction of loadouts having less impact on the rules)...

but I like that with an old azyros and two magnets (and a spare Vindictor arm) I'll get both a new azyros and a named character.

EDIT to avoid double posting:

my counter point would be that by doing this they can kill Tornus down the line and players will still be able to use their mini as the generic version.

Poor Tornus :( Don't kill it! We are running out of named SCE between kills and cuts...

16 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I actually think it's a great idea. Gordrakk, Eternatus, Avelanor, Hurakan, Gobsprakk, etc. are all great kits and look very distinct from the generic version. It's the best of both worlds, allows players who like named characters to play a named character and allows players who prefer making a generic version and giving it their own lore to do so too.

Yeah, but all of those you mentioned are a step ahead of this kit in terms of differentiating the named and the normal kit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Snarff said:

cough Tahlia Vedra can't be built as a generic Marshal on Manticore even though that would have been perfect as a replacement for the old General on Griffon that's probably going to Old World cough

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

cough Tahlia Vedra can't be built as a generic Marshal on Manticore even though that would have been perfect as a replacement for the old General on Griffon that's probably going to Old World cough

But I get that point. IMO, when you do that with kits so big and unique, the named character loses his uniqueness. A bit of what happens with Gobsprakk. It is not so cool when you have a Killaboss using "the same mount".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Matrindur said:

While it does seem like alot to get four kinds of Warlocks (assuming its not three with the leaked one, the box one and the Arch-Warlock) Necrons had something similar happen with their Crypteks in 9th.

Before the update they just had a "Cryptek" model but then got another one in the big box and two others in the releases afterwards and they just renamed them into different types of Crypteks. So the existing one turned into a Technomancer, the box one is a Plasmancer and the two additional ones are Psychomancer and Chronomancer. 

Since the already revealed Warlock is specifically meant for Warlock Jezzails, I could see something similar for rats where each Warlock just gets a specialization with the Warlock just being the overall unit-type.

Of course personally I would still prefer different units instead of just four sub-variations of the same one but it is possible thats what they are going for

That's a good point. Like you say, I would expect them to share the love a bit more (Master Moulders, Plague Priests, etc.) but I guess this wave is pretty fixated on the Skryre/Moulder stuff. Tyranids got a bunch of Lictor-variants too.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I would do two little tweaks. Errant Questor, gone. It is not the same as the Knight Questor. And the Doom Flayer shouldn't be also red? Or is it part of the Weapon Teams?

Historically has been, but as others pointed out it's almost certainly going to be it's own kit/unit, if it doesn't get squatted completely. A unit of three Doom-flayers would be so cool, though.

Edited by Magnusaur

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But I get that point. IMO, when you do that with kits so big and unique, the named character loses his uniqueness. A bit of what happens with Gobsprakk. It is not so cool when you have a Killaboss using "the same mount".

Not every character kit needs to be dual, but I really like it when normal heroes have a named build to them. It just gives the kits something extra and usually allows characters who would never get a model otherwise to still have a model.

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Is there a reason to think the kit is not just out of stock temporarily?

They are moving them to Old World, so the AoS ID is removed for both kits, and that the reason it says is OUT OF STOCK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Is there a reason to think the kit is not just out of stock temporarily?

Well it says "Sold out online" instead of "temporarily out of stock".

Granted GW does have some problems with their webstore where products get labeled with the wrong one but it also wouldn't be too surprising for another Cities purge

Just now, Matrindur said:

Well it says "Sold out online" instead of "temporarily out of stock".

Granted GW does have some problems with their webstore where products get labeled with the wrong one but it also wouldn't be too surprising for another Cities purge

The 99% of the "webstore problems" are because they change the ID of the product before updating the website. I don't understand why they do it in that way.

7 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

You say: Bad news! 

I'm like: CoS refresh that looks the part? When??

Yeah, not seeing the bad news so far. We know dwarves and elves are part of the Cities index for the time being. They are certainly not removing them from play before the next battletome. And at that point, new cities dwarves are at least as likely as another squatting.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Bad news.

image.png.d7774ff234a933ec9a348ba5d9465fd9.png

Don’t wanna be rude, but the writing was on the wall for these guys as well as for other WFB kits remaining in CoS. 

They’re going back to TOW, and hopefully this paves the way for new COS sculpts. Look, CoS is moving away from humans/elves/dwarfs subfactions. When you look at the indexes, the “subfaction specific” battle formations are no longer elves/dwarves, but wizards and ironweld war machines… in that logic, it’s better to bring back Dispossessed to TOW, and have some castelite/ironweld duardins to replace them if we get any.

• Like 1