The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, not seeing the bad news so far. We know dwarves and elves are part of the Cities index for the time being. They are certainly not removing them from play before the next battletome. And at that point, new cities dwarves are at least as likely as another squatting.

I would say the balance is squatting 80% new duardins 20% considering in the interview the design team hinted the Religious side of CoS and that we have rumours of just a Cogfort so far and it could be the faction scenery.

Neave Blacktalon originally was just a Knight-Zephyros with an unhelmeted head (or the Knight-Zephyros was literally Neave with a helmeted head). That was literally the only difference between them. 

Tornus, with the helmeted head and sword load-out, and a Hallowed Knights paint scheme, is about par for the course.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Bad news.

image.png.d7774ff234a933ec9a348ba5d9465fd9.png

Lol aren't they coming back TOW in like 4 week from now? Like the fact that they lasted this long honestly bit humorous. They mention duardin and aelf in the order for index even if they moving away from species subfaction i definitely belive it be dorf and pointy ears in the subfaction like city dorf manning a Ironweld machine

50 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

You say: Bad news! 

I'm like: CoS refresh that looks the part? When??

The right question

14 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Neave Blacktalon originally was just a Knight-Zephyros with an unhelmeted head (or the Knight-Zephyros was literally Neave with a helmeted head). That was literally the only difference between them. 

Tornus, with the helmeted head and sword load-out, and a Hallowed Knights paint scheme, is about par for the course.

Yeah pretty much this just that this a first where the unhelmeted version is the generic version (especially since Tornus doesn't have a "unique" helm)

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe the wrong label theory has a base:

image.png.3390094e9106b35a1de78539058a9366.png

From US webstore : It 's happening ! two games, two studios , two settings , two range of miniatures !

vvebf7P.jpeg

Just now, cyrus said:

From US webstore : It 's happening ! two games, two studios , two settings , two range of miniatures !

vvebf7P.jpeg

My point was that it is weird that the Runelord is 'Temporary Out of Stock' rather than 'Sold Out Online' as well.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

My point was that it is weird that the Runelord is 'Temporary Out of Stock' rather than 'Sold Out Online' as well.

Maybe was "temporary out of stock" before removing the ID, and the system don't detect the new state.

• Like 1

Image of the time has come.

PLEASE HAVE NEW KITS PLEASE HAVE NEW KITS PLEASE HAVE NEW KITS

In my mind this either means Cities wave 2 is either coming early next year or we'll lose duardin and aelves and just get a COGFORT and Devoted later.

I desperately want it to be option 1.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe the wrong label theory has a base:

image.png.3390094e9106b35a1de78539058a9366.png

Guessing it will take some time for all of them to be marked.
They'll also probably wait until the pre-order announcement to take down the stuff that's still in stock (Hammerers, Gyros etc.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would say the balance is squatting 80% new duardins 20% considering in the interview the design team hinted the Religious side of CoS and that we have rumours of just a Cogfort so far and it could be the faction scenery.

I have been re-reading the interviews and I don't think the evidence for the idea that they have a bunch of the religious side of Cities ready to go is actually all that strong:

Sam – Miniatures Design Manager: Right from the beginning of the project, we knew we needed something to show the crazy mendicants and the religious madness of the Warhammer world. We had many wild ideas for zealots but knew we needed to do soldiery, so Pontifex Zenestra is where we added that special brand of Warhammer piousness.

Seb: Everyone was keen to get that religious aspect of the Cities of Sigmar working, and we left a lot of open doors again with the miniature – the wheels everywhere, the bifold nature of the Matriarch herself and the skeleton at the back, even the people carrying her.

They talk a bit about how they left themselves room to do cults and priests in the future, but it's not all that concrete.

Given that we have that Cogfort leak and with Dwarves being part of Old World while Dark Elves are not, I think the next wave of Cities miniatures might be new and updated Ironweld stuff and Dwarves.

The dwarves of cities have very few kits: Three characters, two unit kits and the gyrocopter. Cut the Cogsmith and that's 5 kits to update. That is within the realm of possibility, easily.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

In my mind this either means Cities wave 2 is either coming early next year or we'll lose duardin and aelves and just get a COGFORT and Devoted later.

8tq1ht.jpg

Just now, Asbestress said:

Guessing it will take some time for all of them to be marked.
They'll also probably wait until the pre-order announcement to take down the stuff that's still in stock (Hammerers, Gyros etc.)

Not that I'm advocating for it, but typically a model will only go into sold out online when it's actually sold out. So if there's still stock remaining for certain models it may take a little longer for them to go out of stock officially and it'll vary by region on the timing.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I have been re-reading the interviews and I don't think the evidence for the idea that they have a bunch of the religious side of Cities ready to go is actually all that strong:

They talk a bit about how they left themselves room to do cults and priests in the future, but it's not all that concrete.

Given that we have that Cogfort leak and with Dwarves being part of Old World while Dark Elves are not, I think the next wave of Cities miniatures might be new and updated Ironweld stuff and Dwarves.

The dwarves of cities have very few kits: Three characters, two unit kits and the gyrocopter. Cut the Cogsmith and that's 5 kits to update. That is within the realm of possibility, easily.

But we have Pater Filium and his Brethren of the Bolt. Normally they test stuff in UW first, that's another hint

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Limiting a hypothetical wave 2 to 8 kits:

• Cogfort
  • Ironweld Human Hero
  • Dwarf Infantry
  • Dwarf Ranged
  • Gyrocopter Replacement/Dwarf Hero (might be too Kharadron-y to get redone)
  • Dwarf Hero
  • Flagellants
  • Priest

Making some of these dual kits could also help.

We also have a bunch of currently pretty much useless Cults Unberogen decals on the transfer sheet, and we know from the Brethren of the Bolt that at least 2 of the decal types (Cult of the Wheel and the lightning-skull) belong to specific cults. IMHO it wouldn't be too far fetched to see a new flagellant replacement unit that uses those.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't feel the Underworlds to AoS pipeline is all that strong, to be honest.

Spoiler

Ironjawz Warcry Warband – Guide, Tactics and Overview

Spoiler

Mollog's Mob – Can You Roll A Crit?

Spoiler

From the Underworlds to the Battlefield - Warhammer Community

New Ironjawz berserkers, Troggoths (and Gitz in general with Zarbag's Gitz), some Darkoath stuff and the first female Stormcast all came from Underworlds.

Although I agree that not everything that appears in Underworlds is a forecast for new releases, there's a fair amount of stuff lining up for the Devoted warband to actually be a peek into the future (unlike the vast quantities of witch hunters we've gotten between the Ven Densts, Cursed City, Callis and Toll, and Hexbane's Hunters).

Just now, Asbestress said:
  Hide contents

Ironjawz Warcry Warband – Guide, Tactics and Overview

Hide contents

Mollog's Mob – Can You Roll A Crit?

Hide contents

From the Underworlds to the Battlefield - Warhammer Community

New Ironjawz berserkers, Troggoths (and Gitz in general with Zarbag's Gitz), some Darkoath stuff and the first female Stormcast all came from Underworlds.

Although I agree that not everything that appears in Underworlds is a forecast for new releases, there's a fair amount of stuff lining up for the Devoted warband to actually be a peek into the future (unlike the vast quantities of witch hunters we've gotten between the Ven Densts, Cursed City, Callis and Toll, and Hexbane's Hunters).

Don't forget Winged Squigs. The list of Underworld to mainline releases is massive though, I'm far too lazy to do an indepth comparison but it's endless.

Besides, Underworlds is explicitly a testing ground for the designers and always has been.

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Dont know whats going on now, but gonna use the chance to complain about how utterly bad is GW's new website

Its so bad like did they even have anyone check it over? It seems like the first pass and its missing a ton if QoL the old site had

48 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

The new rules for CoS gives me hope option 1 will be the case

• Like 1