The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

In my mind this either means Cities wave 2 is either coming early next year or we'll lose duardin and aelves and just get a COGFORT and Devoted later.

I desperately want it to be option 1.

I don’t know, generally how GW does things is they start the edition with 2 large releases for the starter set factions (it’s gonna be obviously SCE vs Skaven) then they start rapid firing BTs (or codexes) for factions that are popular/have a large range, with nothing more than a hero or a small/medium sized wave. So that to give their updated army rules to the largest possible audience. They keep the large range releases (aka those that come with a centrepiece model) for the 2nd half of the edition. Given that we’re rumoured to get the cogfort, you can see when I think wave 2 will happen…

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don’t know, generally how GW does things is they start the edition with 2 large releases for the starter set factions (it’s gonna be obviously SCE vs Skaven) then they start rapid firing BTs (or codexes) for factions that are popular/have a large range, with nothing more than a hero or a small/medium sized wave. So that to give their updated army rules to the largest possible audience. They keep the large range releases (aka those that come with a centrepiece model) for the 2nd half of the edition. Given that we’re rumoured to get the cogfort, you can see when I think wave 2 will happen…

I agree that that is how they generally do things, but we have gotten a Dark Angels mini wave and a full fat T'au Empire expansion in the first year of new 40k, so I wouldn't throw away the possibility of it coming sooner than expected.

We'll have to see what happens with Cities, although I'm probably not the best person to be making theories (them being my favourite faction :D)

27 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I agree that that is how they generally do things, but we have gotten a Dark Angels mini wave and a full fat T'au Empire expansion in the first year of new 40k, so I wouldn't throw away the possibility of it coming sooner than expected.

We'll have to see what happens with Cities, although I'm probably not the best person to be making theories (them being my favourite faction :D)

The DA and Tau waves were certainly expansions, but they weren’t massive… DA was 5 kits, one of them an upgrade sprue, the Kroot refresh was 7 kits, 3 of which are foot characters, and 3 others are updates to older minis. 

Sure it’s already substantial, but it’s not a 10+ kits release and most importantly it doesn’t feature any centerpiece model. What sets apart large release waves from small/medium ones imo is the presence of a centrepiece model. As were rumoured to get a cogfort, I don’t see something like 5 new kits accompanying it… More like, 8+, and you can’t have that immediately after SCE and Skaven.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I guess it be a longshot toa call upon @Whitefang to give us a hint what expect for the future for the boys of CoS

Maybe the weird thing was coming is that the index include aelves and duardins meanwhile they are gonna be removed in the next book.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Maybe the weird thing was coming is that the index include aelves and duardins meanwhile they are gonna be removed in the next book.

That's not weird enough! I expect something REALLY weird hehehe

Just now, Snarff said:

Do we know from 40K if models present in in an index got cut later on?

I think a small number did with Space Marines, yeah. For the later codices there have been a few snips here and there, mostly where resin or very old minis have finally been removed (like Death Cult assassins and Crusaders in the new Sisters of Battle codex).

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

Some of the Firstborn HQs and squads I believe?

Good to know. So it is a possibility that it happens in AoS as well, but there is no precedent for entire subfactions being cut yet then.

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Do we know from 40K if models present in in an index got cut later on?

As far as I know some minis were removed from the indexes but put back in the codexes in some cases.

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't think it ever made sense to remove models from Cities in November 2023, and then do it again as part of the indexing. I would expect more models to be removed as part of the next battletome at the earliest regardless of Cities becoming purely human or staying mixed.

• Like 1

Kruleboyz looking like a big improvement on their 3e incarnation - dunno about power level, and I'm sad they're still 'roll 6s, the faction' with Crit Mortals all over the place, but the new Dirty Tricks looks a lot more fun and faction-defining, and things like the Murknob now look something worth taking.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

But we have Pater Filium and his Brethren of the Bolt. Normally they test stuff in UW first, that's another hint

And we have Mortek Hekatos with Halberd, Mortek Guards with Clubs, and a Mortek Archer from like, 5ish seasons ago in Underworlds and none have yet made their way to AoS. Same with elite Namarti units from Elathain’s Soulraid and his warbeasts. The pipeline is either clogged, or it’s not real. 

Also, if we are seeing a permanent and full Kruleboyz/Ironjaws split, without any unifying Big Waaagh, then hopefully that means we'll see a proper Kruleboyz second wave this edition, like the Ironjawz got in Dawnbringers.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

And we have Mortek Hekatos with Halberd, Mortek Guards with Clubs, and a Mortek Archer from like, 5ish seasons ago in Underworlds and none have yet made their way to AoS. Same with elite Namarti units from Elathain’s Soulraid and his warbeasts. The pipeline is either clogged, or it’s not real. 

Don't forget Skaeth's Wild hunt and the Kurnothi lol. Normally this thread cannot keep their mouth shut about Kurnothi.

Any rumours of kragnos? I noted in the short story on warcom in regards to vermindoom there's a passage that allarielle had been weakened from "caging the earthquake god" and there seems to be no mention of him in the kruleboyz article other than a passing statemement about him emerging at the start of era of the beast.