The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Big Ogor rumor from coach discord:

Some rumours, reliable source

We have access to; Run and charge (multiple sources)
LOS blocking abilities Abilities and spells that improve our control score
Reducing enemy control score
Both huskards are priests

FLoSHs are legit, basically exact same profile except; Only a 4+ save +1 damage on charge for spear and horns but not hooves Unstoppable charge on their warscroll Only 360 points
All the big beasts are like 50-100 points cheaper
Mournfang are anti cav, they get rend -2 against them.
Ironguts same basically, kept their fight twice and give nearby tyrants 6++
Slaughtermaster snow get points when units kill stuff and they can be spent to give abilities to units.
Butcher gives run and charge to ogor units within 12” Spell that gives run and charge to a unit, if cast on high roll its reroll runs and charges too.
Tyrants add +1 to mortals if any on the charge. So roll a d3, on a 2+ it’s that many +1.
Bloodpelt basically the same
Hunter basically the same
Yhetis move in the enemy move phase and can move into combat.
Frost Sabres same but have max control score of 1.
Maneaters similar profile, but have a 4+ shrug against “non core abilities”
Spell to make terrain obscuring and units get 5++ near them (I’m hazy on this but think it’s right)
Scraplaunchers got either crit mortals or anti infantry rend.
Points for most units around the same; Flosh 360 HOSH 300 Glutts 220 Ironguts 240 Leadbelchers 150 MF 200 Yhetees 120 Ironblasters 240 Scraplaungers 180 Gorger mawpacks 260 Gnoblars 120 FLOTT ~330 iirc Beast riders ~260

This sounds too good to be true. I'd question how anyone would have access to the Indexes already.

57 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This sounds too good to be true. I'd question how anyone would have access to the Indexes already.

I know youtubers have at least seen 4th Ed played. Vince Venturella was commenting on it in his last WH Weekly show, basically talking about how he has seen Slaanesh play with new rules, and that it is bad.

So completely believable that Coach has at least seen Ogres play or knows someone who has.

13 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I know youtubers have at least seen 4th Ed played. Vince Venturella was commenting on it in his last WH Weekly show, basically talking about how he has seen Slaanesh play with new rules, and that it is bad.

So completely believable that Coach has at least seen Ogres play or knows someone who has.

wasn't coach, just a guy in the ogor chat who seems to have a source on another forum/discord.  coach is a GW partner AFAIK so there's a 0% chance he would be spoiling things, at least publicly.

3 minutes ago, bethebee said:

wasn't coach, just a guy in the ogor chat who seems to have a source on another forum/discord.  coach is a GW partner AFAIK so there's a 0% chance he would be spoiling things, at least publicly.

Ah fair, I had thought someone said this ogre leak was coach. Must have misread. Either way some people have seen 4th, so whilst it not coming from a verified source it is not impossible.

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Bad... in a good way?

Who am I kidding. Why can't us Slaanesh players catch a break!? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

So, what are the odds looking like for Briar and Bone not going up for preorders again this week and instead it being Dwarfs? 

Why not both? I think it will be the case, here's why:

Why Warcry? Because it is featured in the next WD.
Why Dawis? Because Dispossessed are being retired and CM said they will come "shortly".

So my bet is both.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I can confidently say that Briar and Bone tomorrow with how they already show off the banner on facebook page before, multiple artwork of it shown off (pic below), AOS 4e is next week so i don't think they want to launch TOW range when an edition is coming up & i think rules were posted in White dwarf as well (someone fact check me)

GnarlwoodossiarchvsSylvaneth.jpg.23f48cc73cc28c606bc4501e8f33d7ef.jpg

SylvanethvsObr.jpg.8784799c1858d8044055b8af13eb9b5b.jpg

AoS 4 and Dawis target is not the same, so I would say it is possible.

5 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Big Ogor rumor from coach discord:

Some rumours, reliable source

We have access to; Run and charge (multiple sources)
LOS blocking abilities Abilities and spells that improve our control score
Reducing enemy control score
Both huskards are priests

FLoSHs are legit, basically exact same profile except; Only a 4+ save +1 damage on charge for spear and horns but not hooves Unstoppable charge on their warscroll Only 360 points
All the big beasts are like 50-100 points cheaper
Mournfang are anti cav, they get rend -2 against them.
Ironguts same basically, kept their fight twice and give nearby tyrants 6++
Slaughtermaster snow get points when units kill stuff and they can be spent to give abilities to units.
Butcher gives run and charge to ogor units within 12” Spell that gives run and charge to a unit, if cast on high roll its reroll runs and charges too.
Tyrants add +1 to mortals if any on the charge. So roll a d3, on a 2+ it’s that many +1.
Bloodpelt basically the same
Hunter basically the same
Yhetis move in the enemy move phase and can move into combat.
Frost Sabres same but have max control score of 1.
Maneaters similar profile, but have a 4+ shrug against “non core abilities”
Spell to make terrain obscuring and units get 5++ near them (I’m hazy on this but think it’s right)
Scraplaunchers got either crit mortals or anti infantry rend.
Points for most units around the same; Flosh 360 HOSH 300 Glutts 220 Ironguts 240 Leadbelchers 150 MF 200 Yhetees 120 Ironblasters 240 Scraplaungers 180 Gorger mawpacks 260 Gnoblars 120 FLOTT ~330 iirc Beast riders ~260

Ugh. I read the first phrase and my hopium level went to the moon. I thought it was a rumour about minis :(

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Bad... in a good way?

Who am I kidding. Why can't us Slaanesh players catch a break!? 

Well on the plus side I think he said the warscrolls seem generally fine (at least the ones he has seen, and the Fiends show us there are exceptions), it's just that you are basically forced to play without any battle traits as Slaanesh's give more to the opponent than to its player.

Hopefully there is a hefty FAQ edit of the Traits, and also to an extent hopefully Slaanesh's book comes a bit later as otherwise we may be stuck with the awful rule!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

AoS 4 and Dawis target is not the same, so I would say it is possible.

With the production issues they're having I don't think it's wise for them to do 2 big boxes at once. Especially since Dominion was their best fantasy launch ever, I imagine they'll want to invest even more in Skaventide and not have the production reduced in favour of a non mainline game.

19 minutes ago, Snarff said:

With the production issues they're having I don't think it's wise for them to do 2 big boxes at once. Especially since Dominion was their best fantasy launch ever, I imagine they'll want to invest even more in Skaventide and not have the production reduced in favour of a non mainline game.

I would say Skaventide has been produced at least a month ago. 

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Well on the plus side I think he said the warscrolls seem generally fine (at least the ones he has seen, and the Fiends show us there are exceptions), it's just that you are basically forced to play without any battle traits as Slaanesh's give more to the opponent than to its player.

Hopefully there is a hefty FAQ edit of the Traits, and also to an extent hopefully Slaanesh's book comes a bit later as otherwise we may be stuck with the awful rule!

Even if they just scratch out the auto 12" charge section then the Slaanesh traits become instantly usable (if uninspiring).

It is kinda funny cos the new rules from the Slaanesh terrain piece would've made a perfect, thematic faction trait: pick a few friendly units, they take some unavoidable damage and get a buff for it.  It fits the slaanesh sadomasochism theme, it has some mechanical flavour in how far you'll go to hurt your own units to achieve victory etc etc. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

It is kinda funny cos the new rules from the Slaanesh terrain piece would've made a perfect, thematic faction trait: pick a few friendly units, they take some unavoidable damage and get a buff for it.  It fits the slaanesh sadomasochism theme, it has some mechanical flavour in how far you'll go to hurt your own units to achieve victory etc etc. 

That's perfect! Proper Devil's bargain material. 

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

With respect they'll have had skaventide ready for months and months in advance. It's not like us popping out to get food in to cook tea. They're a multi million pound international business with massive supply chains. 

There'll be enough skaventide to go around. There was zero issues with leviathan and with dominion there was a huge surplus. I really wouldn't be concerned. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

With respect they'll have had skaventide ready for months and months in advance. It's not like us popping out to get food in to cook tea. They're a multi million pound international business with massive supply chains. 

There'll be enough skaventide to go around. There was zero issues with leviathan and with dominion there was a huge surplus. I really wouldn't be concerned. 

Thats true. But still double big releases are not a good idea, especially if there are players who would like to buy both. Buying 2 big boxes is a lot more expensive than 1.

Also, didn't Leviathan get another made to order run? Thats more what I intended, so there is room for that for Skaventide too if necessary.

9 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Thats true. But still double big releases are not a good idea, especially if there are players who would like to buy both. Buying 2 big boxes is a lot more expensive than 1.

Also, didn't Leviathan get another made to order run? Thats more what I intended, so there is room for that for Skaventide too if necessary.

Honestly, I wouldn't consider dawis a big release. They will sell a lot of stuff, but in terms of numbers probably Warcry will have the same or bigger production.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mutton said:

Index PDFs have gone out. People do know things now. That said, can’t say whether the Ogre rumor is accurate or not.

7 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Index PDFs have gone out. People do know things now. That said, can’t say whether the Ogre rumor is accurate or not.

If they will be out the next week around this day, it is normal that influencers have access to all of them already.

• Like 1

I wonder what the situation will be like with the Skaven index and units that are probably getting revamped/changed with the post-Skaventide release wave. Will the index just be missing those units until the battletome releases, or will the old units still be in there for that brief window?

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

I wonder what the situation will be like with the Skaven index and units that are probably getting revamped/changed with the post-Skaventide release wave. Will the index just be missing those units until the battletome releases, or will the old units still be in there for that brief window?

Considering their index will last for 2-3 months, I think it will just miss both old and unreleased minis.

Last year, they released the Tyanids Index cards when Leviathan then they were obsolete when the codex came out as they released. I downloaded and printed the index cards and waited till the codex cards came out before buying them. 

• Like 1