The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I think the 18” is to incentivize charging it in where the most enemies are and then using the bonus to try and bring in more reinforcements, probably in the form of Aggradon Lancers. It’s definitely not a bad ability in my books. 

That's fair, could well be I am thinking too much of long bomb charges, when the majority of charges will probably be made from ~6"-8" distances, which won't take you too far forward for the ability

58 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Well, then I guess IJ can be among first factions to receive a battletome with their responsive spearhead.

Can we have a nice middle of the edition Battletome instead? One that's written after the rules have been polished for a year or so, as opposed to having one of their first 2-3 tomes out and be obsolete for the rest of the edition? 😋 Order's got plenty of factions,  release some their battletomes first.  Save Destruction for a bit further down the line. 😇

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gothmaug said:

release some their battletomes first.

I for one propose that the Lumineth, SBGL, and Slaanesh get early battletomes, the first two out of spite and the latter because there’s not really much of a way to make their trait any worse. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Seraphon look fine! Gone are the days of the nonsensical -1 dmg.

They also look fun & flavourful, which is equally important. Abilities that you can pick in the deployment phase seem to be the 4th ed. thing and I like it.

• Like 5

I am more than happy with the Seraphon! I think the core battle trait is fun, although I wish Chotec was amoung the Old Ones listed. 

The individual warscrolls seem to have a fair bit of power to them comparatively to what we have seen from other factions, especially those factions with some strong battle traits. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the faction.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I for one propose that the Lumineth, SBGL, and Slaanesh get early battletomes, the first two out of spite and the latter because there’s not really much of a way to make their trait any worse. 

As a 40k admech player, I feel the monkey paw curling. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Today is Seraphon time, and we will continue the S train with Slaves to Darkness tomorrow.

AoS SeraphonFF Jun17 Masthead

AoS SeraphonFF Jun17 Spearhead

Wow they finally made the engine of the gods into something you can have some control over ? And not a super random unit where everything hinges on a dice roll ? You can now guarantee some of its effects if you reserve some cosmic power ? Shocking !

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 8:26 PM, Neverchosen said:

Have the Ironjawz and Kruel Boyz try to overthrow these advances for the sake of overthrowing society. Also just set up a city and have a gargant kick it over for the sake of it. 

If Destruction is only doing these things "to overthrow society" then that is not a proper way to show the "mainfest destiny" of Order--indigenous people were trying to preserve their own cultures and societies, not simply tear down the colonizing ones. There is already an issue with Order technically being in a position of reclaiming their own ancestral lands; I don't think this is a good way of showcasing Destruction or its conflict with Order.

as for the second part, TBF, this has happened before and most recently with Fort Gardus getting stomped.

Well, I have nothing better to do, and I just finished reading All Is Foretold, so, quick thoughts I guess? Spoilers, of course.

Spoiler

The Seraphon line with the Star-Priest was fine. The whole "misunderstanding the prophecy" bit was interesting (although I haven't really read lizardmen fiction before so don't know if it's original or not), and I would be interested in seeing it's story continue.

The whole "Azyrite vs Reclaimed" plot basically boiled down to "snobbish Azyrite colonisers being ***holes -> Seraphon are also from Azyr -> Reclaimed shaman becomes Tzeentch wizard", which is fine as a concept, although it would be refreshing to see a Cities plot where we get to see that whole "Azyrites and Reclaimed usually manage to coexist and make compromises" concept from the Battletome.

Although I may be biased considering Cities is my favourite army, and I imagine that in larger cities the people in power would probably be competent enough to lead in a way that takes into account the surviving locals' needs instead of being Azyr supremacists or whatever.

Overall not a bad read, but I'm still mostly looking forward to some Steam Tank action in Sigmar's Fist on Friday.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Skaventide Pre-Order Goodies.

Those who pre-order online through Warhammer.com or at a Warhammer Store’s in-store console can get a set of six objective marker coins – three Skaven-themed and three Stormcast Eternals-themed. Available while stocks last.

wvkSWSrNDkvTaFgv.jpg

If you pick up your copy directly from your local Warhammer store, you can instead score a set of 12 metal command point tokens, split evenly between silver-coloured Stormcast Eternals icons and bronze-coloured Skaven icons. Also available while stocks last.

To be clear, you’ll get the command point tokens if you purchase your copy of Skaventide physically over the counter at a Warhammer store; and the objective tokens if you pre-order through an in-store console or the Warhammer webstore. Both sets are available while stocks last.

UuMz1ZMQa9g7vcLc.jpg

Independent gaming stores are also getting in on the action, with a unique bonus journal going out to select stockists. This slick hardback book features the corrupted twin-tailed comet logo from the new edition on the cover, and pages printed with Warhammer Age of Sigmar iconography throughout.

DdYcGuINlRac04Lc.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

If Destruction is only doing these things "to overthrow society" then that is not a proper way to show the "mainfest destiny" of Order--indigenous people were trying to preserve their own cultures and societies, not simply tear down the colonizing ones. There is already an issue with Order technically being in a position of reclaiming their own ancestral lands; I don't think this is a good way of showcasing Destruction or its conflict with Order.

as for the second part, TBF, this has happened before and most recently with Fort Gardus getting stomped.

I apologize as I think you are entirely correct but I was just over simplifying what I knew of the Orruk lore as of my post. So not Destruction as a grand alliance but rather Ironjawz and Kruelboyz (under the effect of the Big Waagh), as I was mostly reflecting upon Gordrakk's mission which seemed to be about an anarchistic revolt towards Sigmar and the forces of Order through overthrowing the source of the expansionist empire by attacking Azyr itself. I will admit that I am definitely simplifying it as I have not followed this specific narrative thread as closely as I have others. But honestly I personally love this mission as it could have been the first major direct black eye to Sigmar in AOS... but sadly the narrative here pivoted.  

However, even now we have these two factions no longer tied to a single tome so we can actually explore more of the Orruks as unique cultural entities which I think will make the destruction storyline more interesting going forth. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Well, I have nothing better to do, and I just finished reading All Is Foretold, so, quick thoughts I guess? Spoilers, of course.

Reveal hidden contents

The Seraphon line with the Star-Priest was fine. The whole "misunderstanding the prophecy" bit was interesting (although I haven't really read lizardmen fiction before so don't know if it's original or not), and I would be interested in seeing it's story continue.

The whole "Azyrite vs Reclaimed" plot basically boiled down to "snobbish Azyrite colonisers being ***holes -> Seraphon are also from Azyr -> Reclaimed shaman becomes Tzeentch wizard", which is fine as a concept, although it would be refreshing to see a Cities plot where we get to see that whole "Azyrites and Reclaimed usually manage to coexist and make compromises" concept from the Battletome.

Although I may be biased considering Cities is my favourite army, and I imagine that in larger cities the people in power would probably be competent enough to lead in a way that takes into account the surviving locals' needs instead of being Azyr supremacists or whatever.

Overall not a bad read, but I'm still mostly looking forward to some Steam Tank action in Sigmar's Fist on Friday.

Great summary

I think it getting to the point where Godeater's son is becoming the exception of writers wanting to do this culture clash but it such a touchy and complex manner that you have to either boil it down to the caricature unless you have the issue of making the colonizer justify rather than "humanize"

just hope in the future get more perspective then just the Reclaimed who either fall to chaos or just in racial tension with the other

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mutton said:

Turns out selling 20-year-old models at premium prices for a hyper-dense game system isn't a great idea. Oh yeah, and 80% of the factions aren't even available to be purchased, which only incentivizes buying used or 3d printing.

Honestly the pricing is ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1