The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

What do people think of the Oldblood on Rex? I'm not entirely sure about the spearhead of the charge ability, as surely there is every possibility that a charged Carno will take most allies out of the 18" bubble? Think it would be good if it was just within but at a glance the "wholly" seems to really damage it.

I'm honestly most annoyed that they've intended this model to ONLY be the old Kroq-Gar version--if you build this as the other generic lord you're essentially wrong, because the weapon profile explicitly mentions the magic gauntlet.

Rules wise the Spearhead version seems to be intended to help control the battlefield when you're not being a hammer. we'll see how this double duty plays out; I'm wondering if holding the Carno back makes the most sense as you'll want to have your Reinforcement tagged units die charge first.

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Well, I have nothing better to do, and I just finished reading All Is Foretold, so, quick thoughts I guess? Spoilers, of course.

Hide contents

The Seraphon line with the Star-Priest was fine. The whole "misunderstanding the prophecy" bit was interesting (although I haven't really read lizardmen fiction before so don't know if it's original or not), and I would be interested in seeing it's story continue.

The whole "Azyrite vs Reclaimed" plot basically boiled down to "snobbish Azyrite colonisers being ***holes -> Seraphon are also from Azyr -> Reclaimed shaman becomes Tzeentch wizard", which is fine as a concept, although it would be refreshing to see a Cities plot where we get to see that whole "Azyrites and Reclaimed usually manage to coexist and make compromises" concept from the Battletome.

Although I may be biased considering Cities is my favourite army, and I imagine that in larger cities the people in power would probably be competent enough to lead in a way that takes into account the surviving locals' needs instead of being Azyr supremacists or whatever.

Overall not a bad read, but I'm still mostly looking forward to some Steam Tank action in Sigmar's Fist on Friday.

Nice review! Some solid thoughts on the ways that the Azyrites/Reclaimed situation can play out as well, and it's certainly the sort of thing I'm interested in seeing explored in the sort of direction you suggest too, and perhaps seeing some of the established and more explored lines blurred or approached from different angles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm honestly most annoyed that they've intended this model to ONLY be the old Kroq-Gar version--if you build this as the other generic lord you're essentially wrong, because the weapon profile explicitly mentions the magic gauntlet.

I'd say bear in mind this is a preview of the warscrolls and we've not seen every warscroll. It's possible there is another one equipped as the generic lord.

Personally, I wouldn't be too hung up about it and just say he has the gauntlet in his saddle bag or the effect his is roar or something. :D 

Will be interesting though, when they come round to releasing the updated battletome, if the model gets refreshed?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

You can play the former generic old blood as the scar veteran now I think. 

Seeing the releases, not happy about my Nurgle, NH seem fun, worried about Ironjawz.

Slaanesh seems so terrible.

I despise "random" allegiance abilities. I think they're horrible game design. 1/3rd of the time some traits don't work. Stupid, lazy, lame game design.

Seeing so many models go to hit on 4's adds another element of RNG that seems a whole lot like Hearthstone.

Not inspired for these releases.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Tempting, but honestly not worth the 31,5 euros I'll save via my LGS.

Gotta save money for more models.

I think the Domion ones were better, but also, someone will sell them for less than that.

25 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Will be interesting though, when they come round to releasing the updated battletome, if the model gets refreshed?

It felt like a great candidate for refreshing for sure, but I guess the heads and the carnosaur itself fit enough into the new aesthetic?

my further issue with the generic lord is that his weapon options are glaringly older than the magic Sunspear.

24 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You can play the former generic old blood as the scar veteran now I think. 

as in scar-vet on carnosaur? that would be a little better but like above, doesn't help the fact that the other build options will clash with your new saurus :(

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think the Domion ones were better, but also, someone will sell them for less than that.

Just checked the conditions, and it seems like the only way to get all the markers is by buying TWO boxes, one on preorders, and another on a physical store. Again, not worth losing the discount from a lgs...

43 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Just checked the conditions, and it seems like the only way to get all the markers is by buying TWO boxes, one on preorders, and another on a physical store. Again, not worth losing the discount from a lgs...

It was the same for Leviathan. Different extras depending on GW online, GW physical or 3rd party.

Seraphon are so good. Not overpowered, not nerfed, just good. They literally removed everything that made them OP faction and made them balanced. Like bites are now sub-faction rule with only 3 units allowed. No uncontrollable summoning. No -1 damage. And this new battle trait is much better and narrative. Like how they buffed Terradons and Engine of Gods. Carnosaur looks good too despite his rampage. I am totally into Seraphon this edition. Hope other rules and units will be smartly balanced too. They become way more interesting to play at first glance. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Still rocking this bad boy! 🤘💚🤘

20240617_124916.jpg.cd8d223fd214be2b532f81e5c570b44f.jpg

I bought second-hand the Maleus Coin tokens. Those were also cool. It was cheaper in the end than if I had bought the box straight from GW.

• Like 2

I was listening to some lore and an idea just popped in my head.

Is Sigmar still collecting souls to forge brand new Stormcasts? If that's the case, would it be too weird if we see an order faction hero dying in the lore and have a later appearance as a Stormcast?

Would it be a cool lore bit or just an infuriating movement for those who played him in the previous army?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Is Sigmar still collecting souls to forge brand new Stormcasts? If that's the case, would it be too weird if we see an order faction hero dying in the lore and have a later appearance as a Stormcast?

Would it be a cool lore bit or just an infuriating movement for those who played him in the previous army?

Sigmar is still collecting souls and making new Stormcast.

In one book I read a dead hero of one of the Cities came back as a stormcast to defend the city from an undead army. The Stormcast even decided to remove his helmet in front of his own statue for dramatic effect lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

yes still collecting souls

yes what you describe happen in the Gotrek series with Prince Jordain of Edessa dying and giving Gotrek that paulron he has now but coming back later as Jordais Lionheart

Freeguild - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

Jordais Lionheart (Warhammer: Age of Sigmar) : r/EbonyImagination

• Like 8

9 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

Sigmar is still collecting souls and making new Stormcast.

In one book I read a dead hero of one of the Cities came back as a stormcast to defend the city from an undead army. The Stormcast even decided to remove his helmet in front of his own statue for dramatic effect lol.

Yeah, Cities is the obvious faction. It is the one that first came to my mind and I think the one that would probably be better received to have one mini "moved" from CoS to SCE, but let's go one step further.

Imagine Bael ends up dying, why wouldn't Sigmar take his soul? In the end, once reforged it wouldn't have to look necessarily like FS, right? So... why not?

Having a CoS hero die and come back as a SCE is definitely a sick idea for Path to Glory! I wouldn't say I'd be excited to see that happen to a named CoS character mainly because there aren't many to begin with 😅

As a few people have pointed out before, most characters are new to the setting especially CoS. It's hard to get people attached if there's the "looming threat" that they'll die and come back as another faction (even if they're usable in CoS). Feels a bit weird to me 😁

Also I can see that being a very tedious talking point of which character is next to die and come back as a Stormcast. It is/was incredibly tedious with Firstborn and Primaris in 40k

10 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I feel like if they actually do this to a miniature in the game, they really have to pull it off the first time, because this kind of thing is cool exactly once and then groan-inducing every time after. "Why can't Cities just keep their cool characters? Why do Stormcast have to get everything?".

Also, I think there is currently no character in Cities for whom I think progressing to Stromcast would be a good character arc. It's mostly witch hunters, Zenestra and Tahlia Vedra. None of them seems like a good fit to me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I feel like if they actually do this to a miniature in the game, they really have to pull it off the first time, because this kind of thing is cool exactly once and then groan-inducing every time after. "Why can't Cities just keep their cool characters? Why do Stormcast have to get everything?".

Also, I think there is currently no character in Cities for whom I think progressing to Stromcast would be a good character arc. It's mostly witch hunters, Zenestra and Tahlia Vedra. None of them seems like a good fit to me.

Maybe Thorian, but I agree. It was mainly the idea rather than a specific example.

Edited by Ejecutor

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, Cities is the obvious faction. It is the one that first came to my mind and I think the one that would probably be better received to have one mini "moved" from CoS to SCE, but let's go one step further.

Imagine Bael ends up dying, why wouldn't Sigmar take his soul? In the end, once reforged it wouldn't have to look necessarily like FS, right? So... why not?

I don't think Bael would accept his soul being taken. FS believe the worthy dead be revived during the final battle when Grimnir returns, and that would not be possible as a Stormcast.

FS acknowedge Sigmar, but they worship Grimnir.

8 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I don't think Bael would accept his soul being taken. FS believe the worthy dead be revived during the final battle when Grimnir returns, and that would not be possible as a Stormcast.

FS acknowedge Sigmar, but they worship Grimnir.

That is the point. Do they really have to accept to be taken and be reforged?