The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Kronos said:

That claw looks quite rough and made in Hive of the 41st millennium - Rat Skins Bionic Leg for Hive Secundus? 

And recently we have a lot of stuff from the new Necromunda edition. My bet is also Secundus.

3 hours ago, IronVIke said:

If we are potentially getting a new Ironjawz Spearhead tomorrow....What does everyone think will be in it.... :)

I think this is most likely:

Ardboy boss

Ardboyz

Ragers/ Weirdbrutes 

Maw Grunta

What i want:

Shaman

Brutes

Ragers/ Weirdbrutes 

Gore Gruntas

Edited by Gitzdee
Switched grunta option
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I think this is most likely:

Ardboy boss

Ardboyz

Ragers/ Weirdbrutes 

Gore Gruntas

What i want:

Shaman

Brutes

Ragers/ Weirdbrutes 

Maw Grunta

Maw Gruntas are related to ardboyz, not brutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronVIke said:

If we are potentially getting a new Ironjawz Spearhead tomorrow....What does everyone think will be in it.... :)

what I expct: Ardboss, Ardboyz, Ragers, and a unit of Gruntas. 

My ideal one:

Big Pig.

3 Gruntas. 

Call that the Bacon’s Revenge. 

• LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, IronVIke said:

I feel like they will sneak an older model in there. Im thinking something like

Warchanter

Ardboys

Ragers/ Weirdbrutes 

Gore Gruntas

What I wish for is

Ardboy Big Boss

Ardboys

Maw Grunta

Ragers/ Weirdbrutes

5 hours ago, IronVIke said:

A mix of 3 of the newest kits and one of the old ones.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah didnt know what to put in that slot. Am actually hoping for a new unit to be released with an early tome.

If they get an early tome, considering what they had quite recently, I fear it will be just the classic hero.

5 hours ago, IronVIke said:

My bet is

ardboyboss

10 ardboyz

3 goregruntas

3wrekkaz/ragers

17 miniatures 

Started reading the Darkoath novel yesterday. Set in the Vermindoom, first chapter is pov of a night runner. 

Please GW, give us new night runners, even if gutters go to the scrapheap of history. You cannot in all conscience keep selling these models. 

99120206002_SKANightrunners01.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Started reading the Darkoath novel yesterday. Set in the Vermindoom, first chapter is pov of a night runner. 

Please GW, give us new night runners, even if gutters go to the scrapheap of history. You cannot in all conscience keep selling these models. 

New vintage line with the "ugliest" of the old models.

A few tips that I found in the Slaves to Darkness FF:

• Be'lakor has the undivided keyword (wounds on 2+ vs Heroes and Monsters), his damage is really good for what he is, and the 4+ attack first on enemies turn can be deterrent for most armies (he has a good average damage output to kill Yndrasta, ouch!).
  • The Dark Master is too much. It affects each ability until the start of your next turn (beware double-turn addicts). So, basically, anything in the game appart from Save rolls (part of the Fight sequence) and Passive abilitites (they are not "Used", Ward save is a Passive too). Spells, commands, Core abilities, Prayers, Reactions, etc... everything will lose their effect on a 3+.
  • Chaos Knights are terrifying by themself. They are good targets for offensive Honour Guard abilities, taking the Mark of Khorne just makes them above anything else that any FF previewed (10 of them are not far away from killing a mega-gargant in one charge, crazy). My only advice, don't let them charge, easy to say, but they have a nice set of tools: 3D6 (Daemonic Speed), Counter-charge, 10" move, Redeploy, etc...
  • I like the Darkoath Marauders. I suppose that returning marauders to fuel wilderfiends are Darkoath main system within their Battle Formation.
  • Eye of the Gods roulette seems good. 5s and 6s is so juicy, and 3s is really good for a perma-All Out Attack. Ward saves are mainly going to be good for units with a basic 6++.
  • Chaos Warriors are basically SCE (or viceversa), without the Azyrite Weapons. I'm curious to see if they can be taken as 5 instead of 10, they have really good profile/stats.

21 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A few tips that I found in the Slaves to Darkness FF:

• Be'lakor has the undivided keyword (wounds on 2+ vs Heroes and Monsters), his damage is really good for what he is, and the 4+ attack first on enemies turn can be deterrent for most armies (he has a good average damage output to kill Yndrasta, ouch!).
  • The Dark Master is too much. It affects each ability until the start of your next turn (beware double-turn addicts). So, basically, anything in the game appart from Save rolls (part of the Fight sequence) and Passive abilitites (they are not "Used", Ward save is a Passive too). Spells, commands, Core abilities, Prayers, Reactions, etc... everything will lose their effect on a 3+.
  • Chaos Knights are terrifying by themself. They are good targets for offensive Honour Guard abilities, taking the Mark of Khorne just makes them above anything else that any FF previewed (10 of them are not far away from killing a mega-gargant in one charge, crazy). My only advice, don't let them charge, easy to say, but they have a nice set of tools: 3D6 (Daemonic Speed), Counter-charge, 10" move, Redeploy, etc...
  • I like the Darkoath Marauders. I suppose that returning marauders to fuel wilderfiends are Darkoath main system within their Battle Formation.
  • Eye of the Gods roulette seems good. 5s and 6s is so juicy, and 3s is really good for a perma-All Out Attack. Ward saves are mainly going to be good for units with a basic 6++.
  • Chaos Warriors are basically SCE (or viceversa), without the Azyrite Weapons. I'm curious to see if they can be taken as 5 instead of 10, they have really good profile/stats.

As I see it - The Dark Master is basically the same as before. Its slightly worse in hero phase if they utilize that but I wouldnt call it too much

And its a buff in the fact that if they do multiple things in a phase you now have more chances to deny wereas you would have fluffed a 3+ before it was all gone.

Also for the table - you can give a non-ward unit a 6++ and THEN a 5++ if you have some good dice rolls

Edited by Cdance93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I was going to pick it up anyway but you just sold me on that novel!!

Dark Master in any of its iterations had always felt a little off to me, if it's supposed to represent Belakor having already corrupted/converted a unit in the opposing army, why is it a temporary (hugely debilitating) debuff? 

It'd make more sense to me if, for example, you could mark an enemy unit and they couldn't, say, receive commands for the duration of the battle, or couldn't score on objectives, or had a permanent (but less punishing) stat debuff of some sort.  Potentially even let the effect be broken if Belakor dies, or something.  I dunno, as it stands it's just an ability that's both very annoying and doesn't feel very thematic to me, the worst of both worlds!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

It'd make more sense to me if, for example, you could mark an enemy unit and they couldn't, say, receive commands for the duration of the battle, or couldn't score on objectives, or had a permanent (but less punishing) stat debuff of some sort.  Potentially even let the effect be broken if Belakor dies, or something.  I dunno, as it stands it's just an ability that's both very annoying and doesn't feel very thematic to me, the worst of both worlds!

It's possible it will become something like this. Remember this is the get you by stuff until the battletome is released.

Also we have no idea how many points things will be and we've only see some of the Warscrolls and rules. It seems we are very much in the video game/CCG era of GW, so I imagine we will see some counters to this or the big B is a lot of points and you don't get much else in your list.

Oh, I'm not particularly complaining about it being strong, it's been a strong ability pretty much since its introduction (Hence Belakor showing up in basically every chaos list whenever he was sub-400 points!)  I just don't think it's a very good marriage of design and flavour, that's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

They can and they will. If they slap an TOW logo on it GW can even justify a price increase!

• Haha 3

Also, if you really dislike Belakor's ability and have preferences for how it should work instead, it's worth feeding that back (politely and constructively!) via email to the team. I am pretty sure I've seen official email addresses for that sort of thing before - I vaguely recall Slaanesh players sending in piles of feedback when they were having real issues with their then battletome of the time.

Probably worth doing after the new edition has actually landed and we've all had a chance to play some actual games and see how it works out in reality, though!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

They can and they will. If they slap an TOW logo on it GW can even justify a price increase!

But we all know ToW is a different world and he was talking about an AoS refresh.