The Rumour Thread

According to Valrak, theres some sort of plan/release to update and change some of the 40k rules. You can already see this with the sudden change in direction of the newer codexes from the disasters that was Admech, space Marines and Custodes when those released. 

The implication for this ofc is that something similar can be done in AOS if the ruleset or battletomes are released in a poor state. The rules look good so far, but so did 10th 40k before release. This does at least show that GW is listening and willing to address some flaws in Thier rulesets. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

According to Valrak, theres some sort of plan/release to update and change some of the 40k rules. You can already see this with the sudden change in direction of the newer codexes from the disasters that was Admech, space Marines and Custodes when those released. 

The implication for this ofc is that something similar can be done in AOS if the ruleset or battletomes are released in a poor state. The rules look good so far, but so did 10th 40k before release. This does at least show that GW is listening and willing to address some flaws in Thier rulesets. 

While I'm not well versed in 40k 10th edition the latest balance dataslate from yesterday did change some corerules and at least according to the people I saw online calling it "basically 10.5" it seems to be some significant changes.

If they can do this for 40k I very much think the same could happen to AoS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matrindur said:

While I'm not well versed in 40k 10th edition the latest balance dataslate from yesterday did change some corerules and at least according to the people I saw online calling it "basically 10.5" it seems to be some significant changes.

If they can do this for 40k I very much think the same could happen to AoS

Oh I have to investigate now!

15 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

The 40k balance pass was the largest they've done to date I think. They're not entirely Deep changes? Just a lot of smaller Quality of Life changes for Core Rules which were needed and clarifications as well as essentially an overhaul for Admech (which were truly awful) and incidental changes for other poorly performing factions like Custodes. Valrak's rumour is referencing the addition of Pivot Rules in 40k which came to pass here. The balance pass really was needed (although there's always bits that weren't) and I think as you mention, it's a good sign that GW are actively taking steps to fix stuff. The new guys running the rules studio came out swinging 😁

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Blades of Khorne Faction Focus. And that's all she wrote.

nuIJ8lfHvWc0wbRi.jpg

Cool.  No faction focus no spearhead and beasts still have to wait until "soon tm" after "unspecified date" to get our rules. All signs point to "really lazy rules designed to quietly kill the faction now while still claiming to support them until 2025."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

PS. This is purely speculative but I would suspect that "Boxed games" like Quest sell well in immature and emerging markets (like Asia and South America) 

Why? Because you spend less to fully play?

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Cool.  No faction focus no spearhead and beasts still have to wait until "soon tm" after "unspecified date" to get our rules. All signs point to "really lazy rules designed to quietly kill the faction now while still claiming to support them until 2025."

But at least BS and BoC will receive some new lore. Hopefully it will explain why they vanish. I understand from a BoC or BS player pov is still super bad, but it is the bit I am most excited about in terms of indexes.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Why? Because you spend less to fully play?

Anecdotally the few game clubs I attended over the years I lived in SEA (and some FLGS I went to) "one and done" type purchases seemed to be relatively popular. Especially with the expat communities I've lived in/around. Again, purely speculative, but if you are trying to break into a market having a "game in a box" is probably a pretty good tool to do so. 

As the latest faction I picked up, I'm relatively relieved after reading the BoK faction. After HoS and DoT, I wasn't sure Blood Tithe was going to make it. Whilst streamlined, it looks strong, Slaughter Triumphant in particular. Murderlust only being able to used on one unit a turn is fair enough I guess.

The Bloodthirster looks very good and bloodletters look like they survived intact. 

Karanak looks like it's been given some real purpose when playing with Flesh Hounds.

Blood warriors on the other hand appear to be switched up a bit. losing Gorefists and having their To Hit and To Wound value switched.

The Spearhead preview looks light, the others got a rules preview or warscroll preview whereas this one didn't, however I guess that's because they showed off a reasonable number of mainline warscrolls instead.

On first looks, happy enough.

Edited by Starfyre

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

575917_color_palette.jpg
So many options.

With so much blood, if you pick something else the armour will be a pain to clean after every bloodshed.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

PS. This is purely speculative but I would suspect that "Boxed games" like Quest sell well in immature and emerging markets (like Asia and South America) 

Underworlds sells well in Japan. The Japanese version of the last core set sold out in a weekend. Most people here don't have a garage or a basement where they can play AoS. I suspect spearhead will do well here for the same reason. 

I'm very curious to see the digital battletomes. Will they stick to the same format as the faction packs or offer something more?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

As the latest faction I picked up, I'm relatively relieved after reading the BoK faction. After HoS and DoT, I wasn't sure Blood Tithe was going to make it. Whilst streamlined, it looks strong, Slaughter Triumphant in particular. Murderlust only being able to used on one unit a turn is fair enough I guess.

The Bloodthirster looks very good and bloodletters look like they survived intact. 

Karanak looks like it's been given some real purpose when playing with Flesh Hounds.

Blood warriors on the other hand appear to be switched up a bit. losing Gorefists and having their To Hit and To Wound value switched.

The Spearhead preview looks light, the others got a rules preview or warscroll preview whereas this one didn't, however I guess that's because they showed off a reasonable number of mainline warscrolls instead.

On first looks, happy enough.

Same here, Although imo if Chaos warriors have a 3+/3+. Blood Warriors should have it too. The increase to 3+ save is nice.

• Like 3