The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

The problem is a chaos warrior dedicated to khorne is better at fighting than a blood warrior who's entirely dedicated to khorne. Points aside that doesn't make sense.

It's fine. Maybe Beasts of Chaos aligned to Khorne make better proxies for StD anyway. I liked running them Blades of Khorne for flavor but with only one faction rule the flavor is somewhat lacking anyway.

Rules and lore cannot always be accurate.

One thing to keep in mind is that Khorne has at least more elite units than Blood Warriors. Perhaps those will make up for it in their attributes. 

edit: I still pray to go- Tzeentch that we mono-god guys can use marked S2D units. I really wanted to use my new CW and chosen minis. 😇

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Note- Beastmen died on their way back to their home planet

They get some sort of ship, like Seraphons, and time travel to the old world. That way we can explain why they leave and how they appeared in the old world.

Pay me GW. Job done.

33 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Note- Beastmen died on their way back to their home planet

Trollocs cannot survive Traveling, they are unbound by stepping outside the Pattern, as they are not born of a natural weave of it.

[my former BoC army was Trolloc themed. I miss my goats. They were just sitting in a pile never played, though.]

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starfyre said:

Yeah, it's really impressive they had a team of 8 painters work on the 40 clan-rats, and they all look so consistent as a range. There's no obvious dips in quality or differences in style.

At Mantic we used to take multiple photos of the same miniatures in different places and stitch them together in Photoshop 🥲

I was about to make a really low blow joke about Mantic minis, but it's too easy and this thread must stay positive. Still a pretty funny (and jaring) anectode, thanks for sharing. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like the BoK faction focus has been updated to include the spearhead rules and preview of the Mighty Skullcrushers warscroll.

Mighty Skullcrushers being just Blood Warriors on robot rhinos right?

Just to add fuel to the fire they get a 3+/3+

That Chaos Warrior warscroll was for spearhead, so it's still possible Blood Warriors and Chaos Warriors have the same hit value. Maybe.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I have them from a Whatsapp group, in case someone is interested in seeing them.

Be so kind as to share that? It shouldn't be against forum rules right since it's just screenshots from a video we can all watch and not a pdf of the book or anything. 

If not can you message me a link?

I just realized why this has been giving me weird deja vu every preview.

Movement, basic attacks, rules all loaded up as “abilities” with core and faction specific ones.

This is very reminiscent of 4e d&d, to me. Weird. Life is a circle. If it lands the same as 4e I’ll have a great time once 5e AoS comes out lmao

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

Wait no I'm arguing blood warriors SHOULD hit better not worse.

Imho, blood warriors should be 3+/3+ and 3 attacks. If they want to make them a bit diferent from Chaos Warriors, gives them a 4+ save because they don't wear oversized shields.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

I like that they include examples of house rules. Here's one I'd use. You can choose 0 - 2 heroic traits, artefacts and mount traits and 0-1 spell lores, prayer lores and manifestation lores. You may take a total of 6 of these enhancements. You may not take the same enhancement twice. 

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Imho, blood warriors should be 3+/3+ and 3 attacks. If they want to make a bit diferent from Chaos Warriors, gives them a 4+ save because they don't wear oversized shields.

Good point. If they sacrifice anything to "go berserk" it should be defense.

It seems that the Champion ability couls work with ranged profiles (icon means "offensive ability").

Guarded Heroes doesn't work with Monster or Warmachine (expected). 

Obscuring affects everything appart from Fly keyworded units (we already know that).

Once Per Battle withiut (army) cam be done once per battle per unit that use this ability (so, each ScE can return 1 time with their own Battle Trait Command).

44 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Once Per Battle withiut (army) cam be done once per battle per unit that use this ability (so, each ScE can return 1 time with their own Battle Trait Command).

I am really not sure about this. Do you know if there's a point in the rules where they define who is using an ability? The SCE battle trait for instance says that the unit is the target, so it feels more as an ability used by the player

Our deep dive content is now live over at www.spruesandbrews.com 

Full unboxing:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2024/06/22/skaventide-unboxing-and-review-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-4th-edition/

Core Rules deep dive:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2024/06/22/age-of-sigmar-4th-edition-core-rules-review-and-deep-dive-skaventide-core-book/

Battle report:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6