The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Sprues&Brews said:

Our deep dive content is now live over at www.spruesandbrews.com 

Full unboxing:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2024/06/22/skaventide-unboxing-and-review-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-4th-edition/

So looking at the sprues in the order of the images it seems like the Lord-Terminos, Reclusians and the Knight-Questor are on a combined sprue so the Reclusians will very likely get a solo release with the other characters locked to this special sprue in the same way the combined Kruleboyz/Stormcast sprues from Dominion got turned into expensive webstore only sprues.

The Lord-Veritant, the Grey Seer and the Warlock Engineer are on a detachable sprue so likely as expected part of the starter sets. Which makes it pretty likely the two Spearheads buildable from the contents will just be the highest tier starter set

Everything else looks separate so ready for a solo release and likely extra multipart releases for any of them.

Edited by Matrindur

53 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I am really not sure about this. Do you know if there's a point in the rules where they define who is using an ability? The SCE battle trait for instance says that the unit is the target, so it feels more as an ability used by the player

Yes. There is an explanation that if you need to pick a unit to use that ability, then, it's that unit.

53 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I am really not sure about this. Do you know if there's a point in the rules where they define who is using an ability? The SCE battle trait for instance says that the unit is the target, so it feels more as an ability used by the player

Yes. There is an explanation that if you need to pick a unit to use that ability, then, it's that unit.

53 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yeah but but my point is that you are not picking that unit to *use* the ability. See the different formulation of the move ability (pick a unit "to use this ability")

image.png.1627249e00b642f59a59c59e10e74963.png

Edited by Marcvs

23 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Yeah but but my point is that you are not picking that unit to *use* the ability. See the different formulation of the move ability (pick a unit "to use this ability")

image.png.1627249e00b642f59a59c59e10e74963.png

Yeah, I can see that. Most abilitiies say to pick a unit but not to "use this ability", but they are clearly the ones that are using that ability.

RAW vs RAI?

Edited by Beliman

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

That means the Ironjawz waaagh is usable once per character! Which makes me feel a lot more positive on the faction traits than otherwise. 

Edit: just seen the follow up discussion too. I will live in hope until we get confirmation one way or the other!

Edited by ArcLight

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

I think Rob mentioned it in his youtube vid. Atleast I thought I heard something about it. But not sure, my brain is overloaded with the AoS info :D.

Although I do think @Beliman interpretation is correct.

1 hour ago, michu said:

After reading the reviews I'm even more sure of my decision to stop playing AoS. 

Which reviews?

Is AoS 4 what I hoped that it would be. No. i.e they actual made customization even less compared with 3th. The opposite what I hoped for, but I do think our small group will have enjoyable evenings with it.

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I think Rob mentioned it in his youtube vid. Atleast I thought I heard something about it. But not sure, my brain is overloaded with the AoS info :D.

Although I do think @Beliman interpretation is correct.

Which reviews?

Is AoS 4 what I hoped that it would be. No. i.e they actual made customization even less compared with 3th. The opposite what I hoped for, but I do think our small group will have enjoyable evenings with it.

Overall all the reviews I've seen are positive.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 9:05 AM, KingBrodd said:

I was going to pick it up anyway but you just sold me on that novel!!

I stopped short of endorsing the Darkoath book before, but now I'm close to finishing it, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Especially to anyone who enjoyed Godeaters Son or Scourge of Fate.

GW has done a sterling job recently of putting out books that offer a human face to chaos tribes. So much so, they're starting to feel like the protagonists, at least to me. 

Characters are well-rounded, full of flaws, vulnerabilities but also redeeming qualities. Thoroughly enjoyable read. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

That means the Ironjawz waaagh is usable once per character! Which makes me feel a lot more positive on the faction traits than otherwise. 

After re reading it I am even more convinced that this is not the case.  Pick a unit to be the target vs pick a unit to use this ability seems to mark a distinction. Plus, the waagh ability identifies the range as "ww 18" of the target " and not "we 18" of this unit" (rule 28.0 says that "this unit" is the unit using the ability).

29 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yeah, I can see that. Most abilitiies say to pick a unit but not to "use this ability", but they are clearly the ones that are using that ability.

Fair counterpoint! I'll take a look

Of course, we'll get a clarification very quickly after release so probably no point in digging deeper other than flexing our rules-muscles and get back in shape for a new edition 😅

Edited by Marcvs
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I stopped short of endorsing the Darkoath book before, but now I'm close to finishing it, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Especially to anyone who enjoyed Godeaters Son or Scourge of Fate.

GW has done a sterling job recently of putting out books that offer a human face to chaos tribes. So much so, they're starting to feel like the protagonists, at least to me. 

Characters are well-rounded, full of flaws, vulnerabilities but also redeeming qualities. Thoroughly enjoyable read. 

In terms of numbers they are the protagonists indeed. They outnumber order by far.

51 minutes ago, Beliman said:

RAW vs RAI?

There is a designers note on the right in the page about once per battles that says that if the ability doesn't explicitly tell you that one unit is using the ability or is in the warscroll, is being used by the player.

That's why waagh is a “hard” once per battle and dok's command ability is a “soft” once per battle (so per unit per battle)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

After re reading it I am even more convinced that this is not the case.  Pick a unit to be the target vs pick a unit to use this ability seems to mark a distinction. Plus, the waagh ability identifies the range as "ww 18" of the target " and not "we 18" of this unit" (rule 28.0 says that "this unit" is the unit using the ability).

Fair counterpoint! I'll take a look

Of course, we'll get a clarification very quickly after release so probably no point in digging deeper other than flexing our rules-muscles and get back in shape for a new edition 😅

Edit: better explanation above from Ragest

Edited by Morathi is my Goddess

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So, it seems like the new edition's books are in people's hands now. There are already some Spearhead warscrolls out in the wild. Let's hope GW takes this as an incentive to put all the rules downloads up soon.

Please delete this if it's not allowed, but please if anyone finds spearhead stuff for Tzeentch or Nighthaunt, send it my way (I have rules for SBGL and DoK if anyone is curious)