The Rumour Thread

19 hours ago, Ragest said:

There is a designers note on the right in the page about once per battles that says that if the ability doesn't explicitly tell you that one unit is using the ability or is in the warscroll, is being used by the player.

That's why waagh is a “hard” once per battle and dok's command ability is a “soft” once per battle (so per unit per battle)

Gotcha.

So, what happens when two abilities doesn't have a "pick a unit to use this ability..." and one has Once Per Battle (army) and the other Once Per Battle.

We are in the same square as we started...

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Oh come on. Out of context again, Orruk Warclans still alives for now, not how I wanted but at least is something.

And please, I support more your game than you. So please, shut up and be a little more ashamed defending a wishlist of a game that with people like you will be impossible.

I was certainly convinced that we would get legacy factions becoming core factions after the first months of TOW. Certainly Vampires. But now I have no idea. While I believe that TOW is a succes and I hope that that succes will be mentioned in the financial report.

Hopefully there will be also some more clarity with what they mean with the "scoop of the project has changed".

Currently I have no clue what to expect anymore for TOW. GW release schedule seems such a mess, even if TOW is cash cow for GW. I don't know how they can support it better/more. Warcry Briar and Bone is still not released. AoS 4th edition delayed for two weeks if we have to believe the rumours. We are still missing the Ogdruz Swampdigga mini for O&G.

There is so much stuff coming for AoS, what with underworlds and warcry, will they finally produce more Kill team box sets, so people can actual buy them.. than there is the big guy (40K), HH, the Epic stuff, middle earth and finally TOW. I love TOW, but where is the room for it withing GW release schedule? Currently I don't see it.

GW seems overstretched. It feels like a miracle that GW did such a fantastic second half of the financiel period june 2023-june 2024.

I have no idea what you mean with people like me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Gotcha.

So, what happens when two abilities doesn't have a "pick a unit to use this ability..." and one has Once Per Battle (army) and the other Once Per Battle.

We are in the same square as we started...

Isn't this answered by Rob? (The vid starts when he is talking about once per X for abilities..)

Edited by Tonhel

43 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Isn't this answered by Rob? (The vid starts when he is talking about once per X for abilities..)

The problem is that neither of this abilities are "used" by any unit. Both are "used" by the player, even if the ability forces you to pick one of your units (it doesn't explicity said who "uses" that ability).

So, what's the diference between "Once Per Battle" and "Once Per Battle (army)" abilities that are used by the player?

Maybe for multiplayer games?

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

The problem is that neither of this abilities are "used" by any unit. Both are "used" by the player, even if the ability forces you to pick one of your units (it doesn't explicity said who "uses" that ability).

So, what's the diference between "Once Per Battle" and "Once Per Battle (army)" abilities that are used by the player?

Do you have any examples of "Once per Battle (army)" for allegiance abilities? Because I can think only of warscroll abilities that use that (and in this context it makes sense)

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

I was certainly convinced that we would get legacy factions becoming core factions after the first months of TOW. Certainly Vampires. But now I have no idea. While I believe that TOW is a succes and I hope that that succes will be mentioned in the financial report.

Hopefully there will be also some more clarity with what they mean with the "scoop of the project has changed".

Currently I have no clue what to expect anymore for TOW. GW release schedule seems such a mess, even if TOW is cash cow for GW. I don't know how they can support it better/more. Warcry Briar and Bone is still not released. AoS 4th edition delayed for two weeks if we have to believe the rumours. We are still missing the Ogdruz Swampdigga mini for O&G.

There is so much stuff coming for AoS, what with underworlds and warcry, will they finally produce more Kill team box sets, so people can actual buy them.. than there is the big guy (40K), HH, the Epic stuff, middle earth and finally TOW. I love TOW, but where is the room for it withing GW release schedule? Currently I don't see it.

GW seems overstretched. It feels like a miracle that GW did such a fantastic second half of the financiel period june 2023-june 2024.

Can you please bring out your ToW miracle propaganda out of this thread which is ONLY for AoS , Thanks !🙏 

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

About Skaventide preorder announcement this evening: should be there also a separate core book , paper faction pack and so on on sale ?

Doubtful. I think it'll be Skaventide and, maybe some tie in merch (a novel perhaps, or some poster or something).

Here's the WarCom article for the Leviathan pre-order for comparison: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/10/saturday-pre-orders-a-new-era-of-warhammer-40000-begins-with-leviathan/

So maybe some tokens and play mats if you order from GW.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cyrus said:

About Skaventide preorder announcement this evening: should be there also a separate core book , paper faction pack and so on on sale ?

On one hand the latest comparable release last year with 40k Leviathan had only the box on preorder with the book and other stuff coming on the next preorder two weeks later.

On the other hand for AoS 3rd Dominion and the Core book both went up on the same weekend.

So its pretty much 50/50 what they are going with this time

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

On one hand the latest comparable release last year with 40k Leviathan had only the box on preorder with the book and other stuff coming on the next preorder two weeks later.

On the other hand for AoS 3rd Dominion and the Core book both went up on the same weekend.

Dominion was during COVID so maybe not representative of typical. We only have 8 hours to wait and find out anyway, so we'll know soon.

30 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Do you have any examples of "Once per Battle (army)" for allegiance abilities? Because I can think only of warscroll abilities that use that (and in this context it makes sense)

Yes.

Idoneth Deep Strike Battle Trait is Once Per Battle (army) that makes you pick one detachement from your army (but nothing that explicity says "use this ability").

Kharadron Overlords have another Deep Strike "Once per Battle" that makes you pick an Skyvessel with other units up to the Transport Capacity of the Skyvessel.

There are more abilities with (Army) in their timing, like Ogors feast, all Fyreslayers runes, etc... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Can you please bring out your ToW miracle propaganda out of this thread which is ONLY for AoS , Thanks !🙏 

Man, I get it. AoS fans were wrongly mistreated and mocked by a big portion of Warhammer fans for a loooong time. But your posts are absurd and seems to be somekind of blind hate against another game system. First the whole crying about fake news and now this. Nothing in that post that you quoted is TOW miracle propaganda. It's more that I posted that I was wrong when I believed that legacy factions will become core factions soon. Which was a reply on a post from Nezzhil who posted that legacy factions becoming core will not happen this decade, which seems also just as wild guessing as what I did with expecting the legacy factions soon. We are talking about a period of 6 years, nobody knows outside a small group of GW people what will happen between now and 6 years.

It seems you are also a bit flexible in which posts are allowed concernig TOW. Doomsaying posts about the dead of TOW are seemingly okay for you, but postive posts are not.

I've got zero warning from mods here, so if you have a problem with my posts just report it, instead of playing somekind of forum police.

43 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yes.

Idoneth Deep Strike Battle Trait is Once Per Battle (army) that makes you pick one detachement from your army (but nothing that explicity says "use this ability").

Kharadron Overlords have another Deep Strike "Once per Battle" that makes you pick an Skyvessel with other units up to the Transport Capacity of the Skyvessel.

There are more abilities with (Army) in their timing, like Ogors feast, all Fyreslayers runes, etc... 

I am probably misunderstanding you, but what is exactly the confusion? I.e with Ethersea Voyagers it means you can if you want put one whole regiment as reserve. You don't have to do it and only regiment is allowed to do this.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I think, this will be resolved with the 2nd factory that's soon to be opened. The haphazard releases and terrible stocking is almost certainly down to product issues within the warehouses and factory. It's quite wild that a  successful Global business like GW have been operating with a single factory for so long. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

am probably misunderstanding you, but what is exactly the confusion? I.e with Ethersea Voyagers it means you can if you want put one whole regiment as reserve. You don't have to do it and only regiment is allowed to do this.

No, you are right. But how many times can  KO player use their DS ability?

To me, it should still be one time (once per battle), even if it's not pointed out that it's for the whole army.

Some more thoughts after finishing the Darkoath novel.

* cogforts play a massive role in the narrative. What with the hints here, I can definitely see them coming at some point.

* cities is led by a character with the title of warpriest. Perhaps we'll see a reimagining of the excelsior warpriest model at some point as a new generic  hero for cities. 

* it doesn't feature in the book, but a major character in skaven, which seems to be only second to the horned rat itself, is referred to throughout as 'rat daemon'. I wonder if this is the new avatar model we've had rumours for. 

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

* it doesn't feature in the book, but a major character in skaven, which seems to be only second to the horned rat itself, is referred to throughout as 'rat daemon'. I wonder if this is the new avatar model we've had rumours for. 

That's Skreech Verminking, who Gunnar Brand confronted in Dawnbringers VI. He's had a model since Warhammer Fantasy End Times. 

And we already know who the new Skaven daemon character is, its Vizzik Skour. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

There's nothing to expect other than what is announced on Warhammer Community sunday preview.

That's all there is to it to know. ;) Any other channel is irrelevant.

BTW, release schedule will keep getting worse as worldwide problems keep piling up. That's the real issue and it has nothing to do with so called "GW incompetence". We're just lucky to enjoy what is actually out rather than wishing for something that could have been (or only existed in the minds of overhyped fans).

For now, AoS 4th is the focus, until it will be kicked out by the next new release.

Ash from Guerilla Miniature Games made a review of Spearhead on his youtube channel. He says Spearhead will only be successful if GW keeps advertising regularly on Warhammer Community about it - and not just talking about it as the "starting step" to the "true game that is matched play AoS". That's why Combat Patrol failed, and why it ended up in White Dwarf articles. GW needs to talk more about games like Spearhead (and Old World) as their own, and not just as sidenotes you remember when a new release concerning them comes out next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Well can't use the seraphon example because

TOWfactions.png.e0726a7b245a3f8d3bf3aa82d6aac4aa.png

When comes down to replacements for Core factions equivalents they must find themselves an aesthetic and look that differ enough form 

the Freeguild had to drop the Landsknecht aesthetic all together to be more the Swiss mercenary aesthetic

EmpireandSteelhem.png.65abe7f4048da3a73addafa7f9a1d36b.png

Same thing with the Lumineth dipped themselves in Asian aesthetic with their existing Greek/Calaquendi aesthetic to differ themselves away from the High elf 

that because when they don't we get a O&G situation where they falter hard due to a better alternative new models that marketed far more than a decades old model that they found in the back warehouse and inflated the price 

The same thing is what predicted with Chaos Warriors

If dispossessed do continue on they won't be LoTR Dwarfs like this

A new King leads the Dwarfs into Warhammer The Old World

they probably a new identity made for them where it be to make them more Norse base or blend with the current 15th century Cities of Sigmar

The Art of Paul Bonner

I agree that any replacements would be visually/stylistically different, as with most other things that are updated for AoS. I was responding to a point suggesting that they wouldn't remove e.g. heavy armoured/elite dwarven infantry and then replace it with new heavy/elite dwarven infantry.

That's why I think the Seraphon examples are relevant - they replace the old unit role (cavalry, artillery/small monster, etc) with an aesthetically new thing that fills that same/similar role. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Beliman said:

To me, it should still be one time (once per battle), even if it's not pointed out that it's for the whole army.

Mmm, it's not totally clear if Flying High is an ability being used by the player (in which case you'd only get to do it once period) or an ability used by an eligible skyvessel (in which you case could do it once per skyvessel that fits the criteria.)  The lack of (army) on the rule suggests to me maybe its supposed to be the latter, but I couldn't make the call in confidence.

Overall I like the design language used for 4th, but for this aspect I wish they'd used a different approach just to keep things clearer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I think Flying High allows that you can set as many Skyvessels in reserve as you have Skyvessels, while compared with Ethersea Voyagers you can put maximum 1 regiment in reserve. KO can place units (skyvessels) from different regiments in reserve compared to only one regiment IDK can place in reserve.

Edit: This is why IDK has (army) mentioned in the ability and KO not.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ArcLight said:

Why wouldn't they? Isn't that essentially what they did with some of the basic Freeguild troops? They did the same with the Seraphon refresh (Chameleon Skinks > Hunters of Huanchi, Salamanders > Spawn of Chotec, Saurus Knights > Aggradon Lancers).

I'm sure there are more examples out there that I can't think of too.

The difference between the examples you provided and CoS is how the army started. Seraphon started as a proper army meanwhile CoS was the place where you put random stuff together so the WHFB players could keep using their minis. A lot of that random stuff has been pruned over time to give the army a more coherent range, and we are not done yet.

We got the Freeguild replacement because it was the base of that new identity, but it is not clear yet how far that multiracial aspect will be maintained.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

No, the Core Rules says when a unit is picked during the declare state then the ability is used by the unit

12 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Mmm, it's not totally clear if Flying High is an ability being used by the player (in which case you'd only get to do it once period) or an ability used by an eligible skyvessel (in which you case could do it once per skyvessel that fits the criteria.)  The lack of (army) on the rule suggests to me maybe its supposed to be the latter, but I couldn't make the call in confidence.

To me this would fall into the category of abilities used by the player (so no need to specifify "Army") since it mentions picking the vessel as target and not to use the ability (the flavour text also goes into the direction of it being single use only)

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Agreed, this doesn't fit within "my" interpretative framework, as there is no need to specify "Army" for this one.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Aand same.

The use of "Army" for once per game abilities used by the player (in my view) feels inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I was wrong.

Edited by Nezzhil

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

No, the Core Rules says when a unit is picked during the declare state then the ability is used by the unit

They also say that

image-1.png.a4c8a54eeb2b6b179e6bad1aefc88832.png

And these abilities do not tell you to "pick a unit to use the ability". Instead they tell you to "pick a unit to be the target" which seems a deliberate different wording

• Like 1