The Rumour Thread

Just now, Marcvs said:

They also say that

image-1.png.a4c8a54eeb2b6b179e6bad1aefc88832.png

And these abilities do not tell you to "pick a unit to use the ability". Instead they tell you to "pick a unit to be the target" which seems a deliberate different wording

You are right. DoK says use but Ijz and KO don't say that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I was certainly convinced that we would get legacy factions becoming core factions after the first months of TOW. Certainly Vampires. But now I have no idea. While I believe that TOW is a succes and I hope that that succes will be mentioned in the financial report.

Hopefully there will be also some more clarity with what they mean with the "scoop of the project has changed".

Currently I have no clue what to expect anymore for TOW. GW release schedule seems such a mess, even if TOW is cash cow for GW. I don't know how they can support it better/more. Warcry Briar and Bone is still not released. AoS 4th edition delayed for two weeks if we have to believe the rumours. We are still missing the Ogdruz Swampdigga mini for O&G.

There is so much stuff coming for AoS, what with underworlds and warcry, will they finally produce more Kill team box sets, so people can actual buy them.. than there is the big guy (40K), HH, the Epic stuff, middle earth and finally TOW. I love TOW, but where is the room for it withing GW release schedule? Currently I don't see it.

GW seems overstretched. It feels like a miracle that GW did such a fantastic second half of the financiel period june 2023-june 2024.

I have no idea what you mean with people like me.

Do we know a rough date for the financial report?

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

No, the Core Rules says when a unit is picked during the declare state then the ability is used by the unit

Yes. The same sidenote point out if the ability says "...explicity to pick a unit to use the ability" (note: most Core abilities says "pick a unit to use this ability") but sadly, neither of this abilities explicity says so.

Even if it seems clear which skyvessel (and crew), which detachment or which unit/hero is using that ability, this whole argument is not 100% clear.

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

About Skaventide preorder announcement this evening: should be there also a separate core book , paper faction pack and so on on sale ?

I think that will be announced later on, with the Start Here boxes and the Start in Warhammer Age of Sigmar magazine.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Doubtful. I think it'll be Skaventide and, maybe some tie in merch (a novel perhaps, or some poster or something).

Here's the WarCom article for the Leviathan pre-order for comparison: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/10/saturday-pre-orders-a-new-era-of-warhammer-40000-begins-with-leviathan/

So maybe some tokens and play mats if you order from GW.

I had the same question, If we would have something else announced today. Also, we already know the extras from ordering in the different ways: Pre-order Skaventide and Get One of These Awesome Rewards - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

1 hour ago, AquaRegis said:

I think, this will be resolved with the 2nd factory that's soon to be opened. The haphazard releases and terrible stocking is almost certainly down to product issues within the warehouses and factory. It's quite wild that a  successful Global business like GW have been operating with a single factory for so long. 

I thought they already had 2 or 3 factories working.

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Some more thoughts after finishing the Darkoath novel.

* cogforts play a massive role in the narrative. What with the hints here, I can definitely see them coming at some point.

* cities is led by a character with the title of warpriest. Perhaps we'll see a reimagining of the excelsior warpriest model at some point as a new generic  hero for cities. 

* it doesn't feature in the book, but a major character in skaven, which seems to be only second to the horned rat itself, is referred to throughout as 'rat daemon'. I wonder if this is the new avatar model we've had rumours for. 

Cogforts always played a massive role in the narrative. Hammerhall is surrounded by a cogforts perimeter that creates a magical barrier. When they city wants to get expanded those cogforts move to win more space. Even if it is just that, having a perimeter of them in the most important city would be enough to be a key to the narrative.

17 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

They also say that

image-1.png.a4c8a54eeb2b6b179e6bad1aefc88832.png

And these abilities do not tell you to "pick a unit to use the ability". Instead they tell you to "pick a unit to be the target" which seems a deliberate different wording

I think this is the clincher. DoK get to do theirs for each unit. Ironjawz only get to do it once. KO only get to fly high with one unit. The flavour text also backs this up, "often one skyvessel will hold back..."

The reason the IDK things says (army) is because you are picking a selection of unit. If it didn't specify (army) there would be even more debate about how many times you could use the ability. 

For the most part the new rules are a vast improvement over 3rd in the way they've been written. This set of rules is definitely an exception though. GW definitely need to put out a faq clarifying this as soon as possible. 

It's weird because they already have rules for this kind of situation. The DoK rule should read "pick a unit that hasn't used an all-out slaughter  ability this battle and is in combat to use this ability."

• Like 1

Once per battle (army) -> hard once per battle, don’t need to look for more information.

Once per battle, a unit used the ability or is using a warscoll ability -> soft once per battle, once per battle per unit.

once per battle, a unit is not using the ability (explicit “use” in the effect description) or is not in a warscroll -> is the same as above, but in this case, the “unit” that can use the ability once per battle is YOU, the player, so that mades it a hard once per battle per se, unless you are playing 2v2 with the same army.

• Like 2

The Flying High ability conflicts with the immersive blurb. But RAW it allows you to place more than 1 Skyvessel in reserve. The only requirement is that none of the units of that regiment are already deployed. That's it.

If they wanted to limit the ability to one Skyvessel it should have been Once per Battle (Army).

It's exactly the same as the DOK All-out-Slaughter ability. So each DOK infantry unit can use this ability once per battle.

If the All-Out-Slaughter ability had Once per Battle (army) this would mean that only one unit could have used this ability per battle.

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I had the same question, If we would have something else announced today. Also, we already know the extras from ordering in the different ways: Pre-order Skaventide and Get One of These Awesome Rewards - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Perfect: I hate collectible coins so I won't feel like I'm missing out ordering from my LGS.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we know a rough date for the financial report?

30 July.

But we already know the overal result, which had a positive effect on the shares.

From GW:

image.png.6b1ddf79b0043f091f1b7c41f542c30d.png

So £490 million for the whole year and we know with the half year results that the first 6 months was:image.png.d0f438a5b33b5e136ffa42328a8a7944.png

So the second part of the financial year (november 2023 - june 2024) had a core revenue of around £254,4 million, the core licensing revenue around £17,9 million and the profit before taxation around £104,8 million. So an improvement compared to the first part. Which already was very good thanks to a new 40K edition.

It was a very good year for GW and their shareholders. The first part of the finacial year was great and the second part was even better. Hence the bonus for all employees.

The report released at the end of july will give us a more detailed breakdown and a written breakdown which includes their concerns, risk, goals and etc... .

But when the report arrives we should create a seperate topic, so we can avoide the flame war :) 

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

The Flying High ability conflicts with the immersive blurb. But RAW it allows you to place more than 1 Skyvessel in reserve. The only requirement is that none of the units of that regiment are already deployed. That's it.

If they wanted to limit the ability to one Skyvessel it should have been Once per Battle (Army).

It's exactly the same as the DOK All-out-Slaughter ability. So each DOK infantry unit can use this ability once per battle.

If the All-Out-Slaughter ability had Once per Battle (army) this would mean that only one unit could have used this ability per battle.

KO ability is used by the player because doesn't say that you pick a unit to use that ability.

DoK ability says that you pick a unit to use the ability 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

KO ability is used by the player because doesn't say that you pick a unit to use that ability.

DoK ability says that you pick a unit to use the ability 

I have to say that for a non english speaker that nuance escapes me. As I see three times "Pick a friendly... ".

For me the limits are defined with Once per battle and the extra limit is (army). If (army) isn't mentioned than it means that i.e for the Flying High ability that a Skyvessel that is part of regiment that has no units already deployed can place a Skyvessel in reserve. Thinking further about it. This does mean that max 1 Skyvessel per regiment can be flying high. So if you have 3 regiments which include a Skyvessel you can have 3 Skyvessels in reserve.

image.png.511eac1664fb1f8dae33093b1b985e14.pngimage.png.a31f768769918c733a94a68d158de2e6.pngimage.png.d5c0f2f4204a79f61a5c98c40510c34c.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

Just now, Tonhel said:

I have to say that for a non english player that nuance escapes me. As I see three times "Pick a friendly... ".

For me the limits are defined with Once per battle and the extra limit is (army). If (army) isn't mentioned than it means that i.e for the Flying High ability that a Skyvessel that is part of regiment that has no units already deployed can place a Skyvessel in reserve. Thinking further about it. This does mean that max 1 Skyvessel per regiment can be flying high. So if you have 3 regiments which include a Skyvessel you can have 3 Skyvessels in reserve.

image.png.511eac1664fb1f8dae33093b1b985e14.pngimage.png.a31f768769918c733a94a68d158de2e6.pngimage.png.d5c0f2f4204a79f61a5c98c40510c34c.png

The point is that an ability outside of a warscroll is only used by a unit if you declare the picked unit to USE the ability. (DoK). That is mandatory with the new Core Rules 

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

The point is that an ability outside of a warscroll is only used by a unit if you declare the picked unit to USE the ability. (DoK). That is mandatory with the new Core Rules 

At the risk of sounding very stupid, but this exactly what you do with Flying High. You pick the skyvessel and the USE is that you place it in reserve. There is no other use. The defening limit is that is has (army) or not. If not, then you see what the text of the ability mentions. And there it says that a regiment that has a Skyvessel and has no other units of that regiment deployed, you can place the Skyvessel in reserve. So a second regiment that has a Skyvessel can place that Skyvessel also in reserve.

Otherwise what is the use of the (Army) limitation. It needs to be FAQed, as imo RAW is that you are allowed to place one Skyvessel per regiment in reserve.

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

At the risk of sounding very stupid, but this exactly what you do with Flying High. You pick the skyvessel and the USE is that you place it in reserve. There is no other use. The defening limit is that is has (army) or not. If not, then you see what the text of the ability mentions. And there it says that a regiment that has a Skyvessel and has no other units of that regiment deployed, you can place the Skyvessel in reserve. So a second regiment that has a Skyvessel can place that Skyvessel also in reserve.

Otherwise what is the use of the (Army) limitation. It needs to be FAQed, as imo RAW is that you are allowed to place one Skyvessel per regiment in reserve.

No. You are deploying the picked Skyvessel. He doesn't deploy itself.

Check the core abilities like run or shoot, are the same text as DoK Command ability

Edit: the text rule say "pick to use", not only pick to be considered use by the player.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

No. You are deploying the picked Skyvessel. He doesn't deploy itself.

Check the core abilities like run or shoot, are the same text as DoK Command ability

No, I am not. Because the ability mentions "Pick a friendly Skyvessel". So it's not the player, but the unit. Skyvessel = unit.

But it has to be FAQed. You could certainly be correct, but when looking at the abilities for DOK, IDK and KO. There is imo nothing that limits the Flying High to only one Skyvessel per army. 

image.png.077af49c6fba54c959714faa44008147.png

Edit: Ethersea voyagers and Flying High are very simular worded, with the exception of (Army).

Edited by Tonhel

Just now, Tonhel said:

No, I am not. Because the ability mentions "Pick a friendly Skyvessel". So it's not the player, but the unit. Skyvessel = unit.

But it has to be FAQed. You could certainly be correct, but when looking at the abilities for DOK, IDK and KO. There is imo nothing that limits the Flying High to only one Skyvessel per army. 

"Nor tell you to pick a unit to use the ability" means that the ability MUST say that you picked the units TO USE IT. Please, read again the core abilities.

Pick a unit in declare state don't implies that it uses the ability with the Core Rules as they are written.

19 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

So if you have 3 regiments which include a Skyvessel you can have 3 Skyvessels in reserve.

It’s only one- You can only use Flying High “Once per battle”. You pick one Skyvessel and then Flying High deactivates for the rest of the match, because you can’t have multiple Skyvessels in a regiment, which means that once you’ve set it up, it passes deployment back to your opponent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It’s only one- You can only use Flying High “Once per battle”. You pick one Skyvessel and then Flying High deactivates for the rest of the match, because you can’t have multiple Skyvessels in a regiment, which means that once you’ve set it up, it passes deployment back to your opponent. 

But why has Ethersea voyagers than the limit (Army) as the effect is the same as Flying High which doesn't have (army)?

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

"Nor tell you to pick a unit to use the ability" means that the ability MUST say that you picked the units TO USE IT. Please, read again the core abilities.

Pick a unit in declare state don't implies that it uses the ability with the Core Rules as they are written.

I could 100% be wrong and it's not a rock I want to die on ;) , but the missing (army) makes it imo confusing.

10 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Edit: Ethersea voyagers and Flying High are very simular worded, with the exception of (Army).

@Nezzhil is right about this. If the exact phrase "pick a unit to use this ability"  is not there, it means the player is doing it, and it happens only once. Also the flavour text backs this up. 

Screenshot_20240623-225957.png.f51963be2924a4a420950ddc6f60a4af.png

ONE skyvessel! 

4 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

But why has Ethersea voyagers than the limit (Army) as the effect is the same as Flying High which doesn't have (army)?

I could 100% be wrong and it's not a rock I want to die on ;) , but the missing (army) makes it imo confusing.

I don't know but the Deploy ability that says to pick a unit, the Core Rules says that are used by the player. We have examples in the core Rules that if an ability don't say that the units is who is doing the ability the text refers the player as the user

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Thanks 1